number of grafts/early stages

I had a 600 graft HT done to the front of my head about 15 weeks ago. I did it before hearing about these message boards, so obviously I think I made a bad choice. I don't consider it to be life altering because the scar doesn't look that bad (I can easily pass it off as something else) and there weren't a huge number of grafts done. I've been considering sticking with my system for a few more years until my hair loss gets worse. Right now I'm at about a NW2-3 with the remaining hair on my head thinning, esp. at the crown. Since I had the procedure done, it seems like my hair loss has progressed rapidly. It has gotten a lot thinner, maybe due to the Propecia that hasnt been working. Basically, my question is this..ignoring the money factor, if I were to wear my system and essentially ruin the grafts, is 600 a number that can be easily harvested for future procedures? For example, in the future if I would need, say, 4000 grafts, would I be stuck with 3400? Or could you still find 600 in the donor area? I hope you understand my question.

Also, for those doctors who transplant in the early stages of hair loss..how does it work with your patients? After the first procedure, do you just wait to see how much more hair the patient loses and then do another session?

If anyone here has had transplants in the early stages, I'd appreciate any info on how you did afterwards. If you got any more sessions, etc.

Thanks for any responses.

I had a 600 graft HT done to the front of my head about 15 weeks ago. I did it before hearing about these message boards, so obviously I think I made a bad choice. I don't consider it to be life altering because the scar doesn't look that bad (I can easily pass it off as something else) and there weren't a huge number of grafts done. I've been considering sticking with my system for a few more years until my hair loss gets worse. Right now I'm at about a NW2-3 with the remaining hair on my head thinning, esp. at the crown. Since I had the procedure done, it seems like my hair loss has progressed rapidly. It has gotten a lot thinner, maybe due to the Propecia that hasnt been working. Basically, my question is this..ignoring the money factor, if I were to wear my system and essentially ruin the grafts, is 600 a number that can be easily harvested for future procedures? For example, in the future if I would need, say, 4000 grafts, would I be stuck with 3400? Or could you still find 600 in the donor area? I hope you understand my question.

Also, for those doctors who transplant in the early stages of hair loss..how does it work with your patients? After the first procedure, do you just wait to see how much more hair the patient loses and then do another session?

If anyone here has had transplants in the early stages, I'd appreciate any info on how you did afterwards. If you got any more sessions, etc.

Thanks for any responses.

There are several things to consider in your case.

As you know hair still grows under the hair system. The 600 grafts you had recently will not necessarily be ruined. There is theory that long term wearing of hair systems may cause hair thinning or loss, especially in the areas were it is attached (bonding adhesive, tape, or clips). I am unsure of how long you have been taking Propoecia, but it is recommended that it be taken for at least 9-12 months to give it adaquate time to work. Lastly, how many grafts you have remaining can only be estimated in person. You did take out 600 grafts during your first procedure, so what ever number you have left will be decreased by 600.