Visiting Leading Clinics in Europe

• Administrators

In order to make the physician/clinic recommendations made on this community as solid as possible, I regularly visit leading clinics and observer the quality of their surgeries and their actual patient results (to see highlights from some of my past clinic visits, click here).

I will be flying into the UK on Wednesday, May 23rd to visit and observe Dr. Rogers and his associate in the London area and also the Farjo clinic in Manchester. In my opinion, these two hair transplant clinics are the only two really worth even considering in the UK.

The other UK based clinics have gotten very poor patient reviews over the past several years and thus I have no interest in visiting these other clinics. I may also be flying over to the city of Cork in Ireland to observe Dr. Kiely, who also looks interesting.

I may also pay a visit to the Intercytex Corporation, which is one of the front runners in developing hair multiplications process the may be available to the public within a decade (of course I heard that a decade ago).

Belgium also appears to be a hotbed for outstanding cutting edge hair transplant physicians and so I plan on visiting Dr. Jean DeVroye and Dr. Dr. Bijan Feriduni in Belgium. Dr. Bissanga looked interesting but will apparently not be in Belgium during my trip.

Does anyone have any opinions or experience regarding Pro Clinic in Belgium?

Spain, Italy and France unfortunately do not have any clinics that look particularly promising or world class.

I have been impressed by Dr. Melike of the Transmed clinic in Turkey. But overall Europe, unfortunately, does not have the wealth of world class options that North America has.

I look forward to sharing what I see and hear in detail on this forum.

Onwards and Upwards, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

In order to make the physician/clinic recommendations made on this community as solid as possible, I regularly visit leading clinics and observer the quality of their surgeries and their actual patient results (to see highlights from some of my past clinic visits, click here).

I will be flying into the UK on Wednesday, May 23rd to visit and observe Dr. Rogers and his associate in the London area and also the Farjo clinic in Manchester. In my opinion, these two hair transplant clinics are the only two really worth even considering in the UK.

The other UK based clinics have gotten very poor patient reviews over the past several years and thus I have no interest in visiting these other clinics. I may also be flying over to the city of Cork in Ireland to observe Dr. Kiely, who also looks interesting.

I may also pay a visit to the Intercytex Corporation, which is one of the front runners in developing hair multiplications process the may be available to the public within a decade (of course I heard that a decade ago).

Belgium also appears to be a hotbed for outstanding cutting edge hair transplant physicians and so I plan on visiting Dr. Jean DeVroye and Dr. Dr. Bijan Feriduni in Belgium. Dr. Bissanga looked interesting but will apparently not be in Belgium during my trip.

Does anyone have any opinions or experience regarding Pro Clinic in Belgium?

Spain, Italy and France unfortunately do not have any clinics that look particularly promising or world class.

I have been impressed by Dr. Melike of the Transmed clinic in Turkey. But overall Europe, unfortunately, does not have the wealth of world class options that North America has.

I look forward to sharing what I see and hear in detail on this forum.

Onwards and Upwards, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

thats great news pat, maybe then we can start to rid these sites of the stigma attached to these 2 drs, farjo in particular,who in my opinion have had a undeserved bad rap over the years.good work!

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

I have not been impressed with Dr. Rogers.

I really think we need to meet up with Dr. Bisanga-- he does some very nice work as well.

I think DeVroye is ok, would like to see more of his work.

HDC clinic might be worth a call.

I am still on the fence with Dr. Farjo, hopefully you can identify the finer points of his practice and qualify him.

Pat, did you contact Bverotti and see if a visit to Dr. Ilter is in order? They are claiming a very low % of transection in addition to performing 2000-3000K fue extractions and implants in a single session.

Anyway, wish you a safe happy journey---- hopefully you will have some good news for us when you return.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Pat,

I went to Dr Kiely for a consultation at the very start of my HT journey. He recommended 3000 grafts in 3 sessions???????????

Glad i found this place first.

IH

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

• Administrators

I'm in London and rebounding from some serious jet lag. Flying all night with a baby screaming and arriving at 8am is a bitch.

I'll be observing Dr. Roger's surgery on Friday, May 25th. I'll be excited to see how he uses the tiny custom cut blades that Hasson and Wong innovated and to see his trycophytic closure technique. My sense is that Dr. Rogers is very aware of what the real world standards are for a truly first class hair transplant and that he has worked hard to implement them.

Of course, its all about seeing the walk and not listening to the talk when all is said and done.

B Spot, As for the HDC clinic, they market heavily in the UK but all surgeries are done in Cyprus. They are a spin off of DHI, which in my opinion has become the hair mill of Europe.

Next week I'll be in Belgium observering Dr. DeVroye and Dr. Bijan Feriduni who I both expect do world class hair transplants. I may also visit ProHairClinic, which does all FUE and makes big claims about doing large one day sessions with little or no transection.

Dr. Bisanga's wife had a baby boy and he is in the US for the next couple of months so I will not be able to see him perform surgery. However, they do intend to send me photos of immediate post op results and the FUE donor areas so I can include this info in my Belgium report.

B Spot - you need to be careful about forming and sharing opinions that are based on second hand information. One of the problems I see is that limited hearsay information gets introduced into the forums and then travels form person to person like the game where one person passes the message to the next to the next until it becomes distorted.

There is so much information and facts offline that do not get seen or discussed online that we all need to be careful to not make definative statements based on partial or unsubstantiated online info.

Onwards and Upwards, Pat

P.S. Irishhomer, I think Dr. Kiely, his staff and techniques have evolved considerably in the last few years. I would have no interest in making a special trip to visit a clinic if it was only capable of doing 3,000 grafts in 3 sessions. It's my understanding that his large staff is now capable of doing this many grafts and more in one session.

My Hair Loss Blog

Pat,

A trip to Belgium and your not meeting with Hairobservator?? I was really looking forward to some stories. icon_smile.gif

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Pat,

Glad you made it to London safely. We'll be looking forward to detailed reports of your visits to these clinics. Whether these clinics do quality or poor work, the truth will be unveiled! That's what this is all about! The proof is indeed in the pudding!

Be safe and have fun!

Bill

B Spot - you need to be careful about forming and sharing opinions that are based on second hand information. One of the problems I see is that limited hearsay information gets introduced into the forums and then travels form person to person like the game where one person passes the message to the next to the next until it becomes distorted.

There is so much information and facts offline that do not get seen or discussed online that we all need to be careful to not make definative statements based on partial or unsubstantiated online info.

I read over my post, not sure what your pointing that at, but I am all for learning more, so send me a pm about this?

I kind of figured HDC would be out of the way and doubted they would let you have a look, and as far as Bart's clinic, I said "claims" to this or that. I just remembered Bart inviting you for a visit, so I thought it might be worth a look.

I have not seen anything by Dr. Rogers that was impressive, I like Dr. Bisanga, heard good things about DeVroye, etc...

Of course, your visits do a lot to make or break opinions that some of us hold, so perhaps one of these docs can prove to you they are worthy of your praise. I of course, can/will change my opinion when your information is presented and debated.

Sorry if my post was misconstrued in any manner, but I don't see any second hand information that I am endorsing or promoting.

Glad you had a safe flight Pat,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hi Pat,

i read this forum a long time and looks for surgeons in europe.

i will give u a tip to look for dr.lars heitmann in netherland amsterdam. many german and dutch people are going to him. he worked a long time by dr.feriduni and do it on his own like rahal with armani.

his website www.drheitmann.com

Perhaps u can take a look :-)

greetz

Nice to hear you've landed safely, Pat. I'll be anxious to see the work produced by the various clinics you visit.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• Administrators

Alabama,

Thanks for your offer and best wishes for your surgery. I'm leaving London tomorrow (Wednesday) and taking the Eurostar under the channel to Brussels, Belgium.

I'll be seeing Dr. DeVroye and his staff doing surgery on Thursday and Dr. Feriduni and his staff doing surgery on the following Monday in the city of Hasselt in Belgium.

I'll have to sample some Belgium Monk beer (after surgery). I plan on seeing ProHairClinic on Tuesday and then I fly Tuesday night to Manachester to meeting with Intercytex (leaders in hair multiplication technology) and then watching the Drs. Farjos do surgery.

Best wishes, Pat

My Hair Loss Blog

• 2 weeks later...

Where are you now Pat? Just come back from a long trip abroad for my job, and missed a few events here in London. See my PM.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I was encouraged to see that at least a handful of clinics in Europe are doing truly world class work. To view the highlights from my trip, click here.

My Hair Loss Blog

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pat,

consider a visit to the small but excellent My Hair Clinic (http://www.myhairclinic.com)in Islamabad, Pakistan. Just have a look at my pic?‚??s because this is much more convincing compared to all possible positive comments. Have been there now for the second time in MAY 2007 after a first t visit in MAR 2006. Went for FUE, 3.000 grafts per visit.I would go back there anytime if a third visit would be required. He knows so much about HT and the "mistakes" and other mal-treatment patients can benefit. Have seen at his clinic other patients who camt to him for reapir of their previous HT. Kind regards. johan