1st day photo

tiki

front hairline first day. hope the photos post properly.

now in 3rd day. some swelling and mucho numbness in donor area which i expect will continue for some time. Getting around with baseball cap. I do feel that the hat will be part of my wardrobe for some time. It is no something i was really prepared for but must deal with it positively.

13.jpg.0232121a9bea5d6b349fae4db377de68.jpg

front hairline first day. hope the photos post properly.

now in 3rd day. some swelling and mucho numbness in donor area which i expect will continue for some time. Getting around with baseball cap. I do feel that the hat will be part of my wardrobe for some time. It is no something i was really prepared for but must deal with it positively.

Seems to be improving rapidly

I continue to use saline solution in a spray bottle [contact lens cleaner works for me]

taking vit c and advil with 21/2 mg of procar daily.

sutures out on thursday

14.jpg.81a80f4981f870969474c5967b39231d.jpg

Tiki, do you have to go back to work this Thursday? If so, you're still gonna have scabs in front of your head. You might be able to comb/brush your hair in front to help conceal the scabs. If that doesn't work, can you wear a hat? You could say that you had a reaction to some medicine or something. Can anybody else think of a good excuse for Tiki to give to his coworkers? Of couse, there's always the truth but that's not much fun!

Maybe a hat will do the trick or maybe i can say I had an unfortunate experience with my bee keeper headgear. Or maybe i volunteered for some special gov't project involving mosquito repellent. I was in the placebo group.

The truth... they can't handle the TRUTH!

Maybe I'm just so used to looking at post op photos, whereas your coworkers are not. I think it looks great. Obvious scabs, but not much bruising or swelling.

I would hold my head high and say "I had surgery!"

10 days post op. stitches are out. scabs pretty much gone. some redness remains.

I wonder, Do i let it grow in in the next couple of months or do you guys think buzzing my head when hair starts is the way to go?

any comments appreciated

100_0657-2.jpg.d64f5504b4ffa19a2a578af22c8feed5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Luckily I had the opportunity to wear a baseball cap. Yankees were in the series and I used it to wear cap to work. After the following weekend i went back to work with no hat, hair a haircut to help the ceasar look and feather in the donor area.

All went well, really no one noticed..never heard a comment or question. It probably was more self conscious for me than others being interested in how I look.

Kind of amazing really. you think it stands out but it really didn't.

Since I had only small area in front hairline I'm sure the impact is different with major HT.

I even have shaved the front peak to reduce what i thought would be a too perfect line of stubble.

ready to see the new growth down the line. Will keep it combed forward while new hairline becomes established.

thanks for asking