Intercytex

I just found this recent bit of news about Intercytex. Although it isn't directly related to hair loss it may still be worth knowing that the main product they were developing has been abandoned and the stock fell over 70% on the news. The article seems to suggest this could mean the company needs to be sold.

Bad news for Intercytex

are you telling me that their marketing machine could not win any new investors in these troubled times and that they couldn't convince the suckers (ones that were already drinking the kool-aid) to not sell their shares. wow that's shocking news! jeez i wonder why???

Obviously in the current economic situation it isn't easy to get investors. For those who don't know Intercytex is one of the main companies researching hair cloning. Because one of their other products will not now be coming to market it has affected investor confidence in the company.

Along the lines Mr GQ suggests I posted this because if investor confidence in Intercytex is damaged it could reduce available funding for their future research into hair cloning. I'm not saying it will, all I know is what the article says. I thought people might be interested, especially because quite a few people on this site have expressed cautious optimism about the research they are doing.

imtb,

don't get my post the wrong way. it is what it is, just a sarcastic statement nothing more than that. back to Intercytex, all they got is a cool/bombastic name i'll give them that much. i read that they are asking new batch of volunteers to sign up through some university or was it follica??? i stopped following the details long time ago. when and IF (swagger style icon_wink.gif) any major breakthrough happens, we'll be among the first to know if not the same day trust me. you must be living under a rock to miss that gem IF it happens.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

We probably won't see anything for about a decade or so... it's been about ten years since hair cloning was announced and just getting into planning and trials... 2009, there are trials with inconsistent growth patterns and other complications. It's going to take a while. I just hope we get to see it in our lifetime, a real cure for both men and women.

It's so close, yet so far away... kinda depressing really. Pray for a miracle.

• 1 month later...

I have been following the progress on this company for about a year now, intriguing. But I have the same impression as some of the other posters on this thread. I think they are in for some bumps and may not be the first to the finish line.

Are there other technologies / companies related to hair cloning that people have had their eye on for a while now ?

Grr, the edit key isn't working, so I'll just make another post... sorry, Bill!

Here's a quote from Aderans:

"

Achieving a bioengineered hair loss solution, is not many years away; in fact, it is likely that before the end of this decade patients will have access to hair multiplication technology. We anticipate that it will be, like many cosmetic procedures, a same-day, in-office procedure."

And here's the source - http://www.aderansresearch.com/ari_ourfuture.html

It's both exciting and annoying... thinking it's under five years away probably makes us all smile, but they've been saying this for nearly a decade... and they've been experimenting with this for about a decade as well. The earliest somewhat successful trials I have seen date back to 2004, where there was some growth, and that was the end of their trials, because supposedly they ran out of money.

I don't think that complication can really occur with Intercytex and Aderans, though... Bosley is involved with Aderans, and they have more money than God.

Aderans only recently got involved with intercytex so the effect of their increased funding isn't really visible yet except that they are paying for more expensive and widespread trials. How much does money help with medical research? I'm sure it's a factor but there are plenty of others too.

Wow, I can see I am not the only one interested in this technology.

One thing I am wondering is even if they figure out a way to clone the follicles, don't they need to get them back in contact with the blood supply ? How does that work ? They make it sound like they can just be dropped into the dead follicles and hair will grow. Am I missing something here ?

Also, guys, another question, what do you think about this company, Follica:

http://www.follicabio.com/news...xecutive-officer-41/

Follica was one of the first hair cloning companies I've come across... not sure how reliable their work is, since there is no photo documentation or anything. As far as I've seen, besides the mouse with the newly formed hair that is seems everyone has made...

I'm very interested in this science of hair loss breakthroughs and wish I could help out in any way I can.

If Aderans is true to their word, we should see something on the market by the end of 2010... it seems so far away, yet these claims are so bold.

The mice experiments are the basis of the project. The results in growing hair in mice are in, and it works fine... for mice. For humans, there have been several reported effects of... well, cancer forming somewhere in the head. And if they still have problems like getting the hair to grow the "proper" way, I can't see how they can have this ready in a year and a half... but let's keep our hairs crossed for their success.

I'm no expert in hair cloning or anything, just always known a lot about hair and a little bit about science icon_smile.gif

Only real chance fpr now or at least close to real is Histogen. Intercytex is going bankrupt http://www.intercytex.com/icx/...ses/2009/2009-09-02/ and Aderans will post an update before the end of this year on those April human trials. I must say I am disappointed in human technology. This problem is here since day 1 human walked this Earth and yet no solution whatsoever, shame.

Originally posted by KeepingWhatIHave:

Well absolutely. Though look at newborn babies. It can take five years for a newborn to have thick growing hair. You rarely see a little boy or girl under 3 with full hair, even though the new hair follicles are there and still forming.

That is true. A lot of money is being spent for this research and our fortune in this misery i that Bosley is greedy for money and they will not let anyone else to take "their" market. Cold war has its own advantages sometimes. icon_biggrin.gif