all you females

anne

I am a young 27 year old female who likes just about everthing about her face except my large wrinkly forehead, and receding hairline (ACKK!!). The doctor stated that, to match my features, I could stand to lower my hairline an inch, and 2 in certain areas. What procedures have you guys found the best? ie Juri flaps, frontal expansion, grafts?

I'd appreciate your opinions!

I am a young 27 year old female who likes just about everthing about her face except my large wrinkly forehead, and receding hairline (ACKK!!). The doctor stated that, to match my features, I could stand to lower my hairline an inch, and 2 in certain areas. What procedures have you guys found the best? ie Juri flaps, frontal expansion, grafts?

I'd appreciate your opinions!

• 3 months later...

Hi Anne, this is just a patient speaking but if you go the surgical route I think you should explore micro-follicular grafting. This site will give you lots of good info and help you find a great surgeon. I will also take this opportunity to shamelessly recommend my surgeon, Joseph Greco (Summit Hair in Clearwater, FL). He and his staff are superb and have much experience with women's hair restoration. He is honest, will personally answer your questions and his prices are fair.

Anne

Please do NOT get any kind of "Flap".

Females need to be extra careful regarding hair restoration, because they often are not good candidates for the surgery. Female hair loss seems even more complicated than men's hair loss. Make sure you explore all of your options. Surgery may not be a good option for you.

Anne, please be careful. If I were you, I would look at the "Find a Great Doctor" list, and narrow down the list, and get yourself a free consultation with at least one of those doctors, before you decide on getting a surgical procedure.