6 months post op pic

ttaco

My before pic is of my micro/mini hairline which was done in the mid 90's. As you can see, the density was good but it was very "abrupt." The after pic is 6 months after growth of 1436 FU's. This surgery was done on 8/16/02.

[This message was edited by ttaco on February 17, 2003 at 07:06 PM.]

hairline73102_2.jpg.c41b44391be513983f12db9a131d7f48.jpg

Results of my 1424 FU transplant procedure on 8/16/02 can be viewed at...

http://community.webshots.com/user/ttaco

My before pic is of my micro/mini hairline which was done in the mid 90's. As you can see, the density was good but it was very "abrupt." The after pic is 6 months after growth of 1436 FU's. This surgery was done on 8/16/02.

[This message was edited by ttaco on February 17, 2003 at 07:06 PM.]

ttaco:

Your hairline looks great and a HUGE improvement over the old one. Looks very natural to me.

Plus, since you included a shot with your eyebrows, people can see that your hairline (IMO) was well placed. Not too high and not too low.

Congrats. It's a great feeling, isn't it?

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

I too had a mini micro hairline done in the mid 90's.....your new work really looks awesome. I had 631 fu's done in Jan in the frontal tuft area to add density and to soften up the "old school work". I can only dream that mine will look as good as yours...was donor hair an issue?? I have almost none left.

congrats, it looks really good!!

aloha big it up

Experience:

6 HT to date.......wish this forum was around in the 90's!

RVD, I had 400 micros/minis. About 70% were micros. The last 100 were very small. None of the old grafts were removed. Another doctor I went to said I absolutely had to remove the old grafts b/c they couldn't be camouflaged, but from what I'm seeing I think Joe has proven him wrong.

Big It Up, donor hair was not an issue. Greco took a strip of previously "moth eaten" donor area and took the FU's from that strip. He said I still have a decent amount of donor hair left. I am taking 1/5 Proscar daily along with 5% spiro cream and 5% minox to keep what I have for as long as possible. If I had used this stuff when I was younger I may have not needed a transplant in the first place. Oh well. I will post a monthly pic so you can see how the new work is progressing.

[This message was edited by ttaco on February 24, 2003 at 03:36 PM.]

• 3 weeks later...

looks good..what did ur new dr. say about your prior ht?..i used weidig in the late 80s and was pretty happy for quite awhile. however, i will be looking to get similar softening up/density building work sometime in the near future..i guess i am concerned whether i have enuf donor area also..i think, at the time, weidig was one of the better drs in the country.

ttaco,

Looks great, I think you are outta the woods buddy !! in fact the mini's in back look pretty dense ? luckily your 1st doc put them back far enough. The new work is fantastic and natural.

Enjoy

NW

Steve21,

Thanks for the kind words. Greco basically said that Weidig's work was a typical punch graft transplant that is now an obviously outdated procedure. Joe was able to take some of the previously punched out donor area and still use it to dissect the FU's. The density is decent from the old grafts, just bad looking aesthetically. As I've said before, thank God Weidig was conservative with my hairline. I did not want a low one, but he agreed and didn't try to talk me into a teenage hairline. That would have been disastrous.

Weidig was the best known HT doc in the DC area, and I was young and uneducated about HT's at the time so I went to him based on him being on the local news, magazines, etc. which said he was the best around. He did a lot of local celebs (someone told me he did one on Dexter Manley of the Redskins). From what I hear, he was one of the better hairmills, which isn't saying much.

Pretty ironic story - when I went to check out Greco and sit in on a procedure back in June, the patient he was working on was also an ex-Weidig patient. Funny b/c Joe is in Clearwater, FL, no where near where Weidig was (he's now retired). You are right though in that Weidig was very well known on the East Coast.

E-mail me at ttm27@hotmail.com if you want to discuss further. Thanks.

[This message was edited by ttaco on March 17, 2003 at 06:56 AM.]