Can anyone recommend a hair transplant doctor in Eastern Canada?

jaydob

• 1 month later...

I would try Dr. Seager or Dr. Jones. Dr. Seager is in Scarborough and Dr. Jones is in Oakville. Both 30 min. from Toronto. I went to Dr. Jones for a consultation and he seemed pretty legitimate and not a swindler at

http://www.hair-doctor.ca/index.htm

Dr. Seager seems to be more expensive and does a lot of TV spots and stuff, which could be detrimental. I don't think he is like Bosley or anything so check him out at, http://www.seagerhairtransplant.com

I also talked him. Both turned me down because I was only a 2 on the norwood scale and only 23 at the time. At least you know they don't take money from everybody.

I haven't heard any criticisms about these surgeons so try your luck with them.

• Administrators

Jaydob,

I don?‚??t know of a surgeon in Montreal I would recommend at this point.

I?‚??ve been looking really closely at the surgeons in the Toronto area and Dr. Seager deserves serious consideration. I saw two of his patients at last years annual ISHRS and the results were excellent - undetectable on close examination by naked eye.

I have been concerned however that most of the incisions and placing are done by techs, so he is not as hands on as many of the surgeons I recommend. But properly trained techs under the supervision of an excellent surgeon can produce great results. In fact, I think many tech are better at placing grafts than the surgeons.

With large 2000 plus graft cases the FU procedure almost has to be a team colaboration any more.

Last week Dr. Seager won the Golden Follicle award for his contributions to follicular unit (FU) hair transplantation. I suggest people consider him. His web site (see above post) also has a wealth of technical info on FU transplantation.

Dr. Paul Cotteril is also worth looking at. He was orginaly trained by Dr. Unger but now is dedicated to doing FU work nearly full time.

The Dr. Unger (Walter and Martin) brothers are big names going way back. But their continued advocacy of using large round grafts is not at all convincing to me.

I don?‚??t know much about Dr. Jones at this point.

I hope this helps. Pat

Thanks for reading this post. But it's your posts that make this discussion group real and vital. Please jump into the discussion. Just pick a topic and click the reply button.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.