First PRP treatment in New York-Dr. Alan Feller

Hey kids i think we should try to keep this topic on track (though that would be a bit easier if feller chip in every now and then), this topic is about prp not destin's routine which really is up to him what he does with it however ill advised you may think it is.

Most clinics have been offering PRP since may/june last year - i think that's more than enough time to guage if it works or not.

Lastly, do you really think that certain doctors would put their reputation on the line, such as doctor Feller, if they didn't really believe in PRP?

On the issue of the validity of prp, i agree with you both we need to be more open minded about whats comming in, however it will never be possible really to evaluate its effectiveness unless we actually have some decent research done on it. Peoples testimonials are never going to be enough to prove or disprove for that matter this technique. There are soo many factors that aren't controlled for and as doctor feller himself says how do you evaluate the effectiveness of a treatment that isn't ever going to suddenly make a huge effect (you aren't going to wake up one morning with a mass of hair where there was not any before).

On the issue of reputation there is a fair amount to gain at ??500 a pop, you forget people still stick their head out their for laser treatments and such... I think there is a huge ethical issue around doctors charging people for a treatment that is as yet unproven and even more so if they don't intend to make an effort towards proving it. We will i doubt ever see many decent long term trials unless this becomes more mainstream, because in an actual clincial trial you have to pay the subjects not the doctors... I don't mean any offense to feller by this, it probably is in part due to the fact i am english and the differences that operate in our health services.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am two weeks removed from my PRP and so far nothing really to report.

There has been no shedding at all which is good.

Sometimes when I run my fingers along my head (specifically the crown and corners of hairline) I think nothing is growing, and then other times I can feel more stubble so to speak (my head is shaved with an electirc razor btw).

Dr Rogers has sent me my pictures, but for some reason I can't upload them :-(, as soon as I figure it out I will upload them.

Finally, 'Destin', I have searched for your pictures on the hairtransplantcommunity and can't find them, any chance you cud post on here?