Transplant Removal?

I had some bosley transplants done. They get infected, the hair roots are black, and the follicle/skin entry points are like little icepick scars. Are there any options for me to remove these things and undo some of the damage? I just want to go bald with some dignity now and not have little blisters on my head.

I had some bosley transplants done. They get infected, the hair roots are black, and the follicle/skin entry points are like little icepick scars. Are there any options for me to remove these things and undo some of the damage? I just want to go bald with some dignity now and not have little blisters on my head.

You should check out the website www.BosleymedicalViolations.com and maybe contact them. You should also consider filing a complaint with your state medical board. Maybe you can help stop this from happening to other people.

Which Bosley franchise did you go to? How many grafts? When did you have the work done? Where are you located?

It is possible to have the grafts removed, and just be a "regular bald guy", but if you have a lot of grafts, you will have to accept that there will be some scars in plain view. This may or may not be acceptable.

Hair transplants can also be successfully improved ("repaired"), but it is more complicated than just getting a good hair transplant in the first place. How extensive and how bad your Bosley work is, will determine how successful you can be with repair work. It is absolutely crucial to find a top-notch doctor to do any further transplant work. Otherwise you are just going from the frying pan into the fire.

Check out the Bosley Medical Violations site, and consider your legal options. If you are considering "repair", you should look at the "Find a Great Surgeon" list. You should visit and read the websites of all of the surgeons on the list. You will learn a lot about what hair transplants "can" be, when they are performed using state-of-the-art methods. It's important for you to inform yourself about the latest methods, so you can understand what happened to you, and to also figure out what you should do next.

• 2 months later...

Nobody talks to much about, but what if you had transplants (a few) and want to remove them, and leave the scalp clean and without scars.

This is my case, and Im sure many peoples case.

I had a procedure 7 years ago, and now are noticeable. Im scare as hell to have new procedures since I don?‚??t like the look of hair transplants.

I want those transplants to be remove.

Its there a procedure to do it.

I will appreciatte any help or information.

to:

delgemco@cable.net.co

Del,

I searched for a similar solution about six months ago, but realized that fortunately or unfortunately, HT surgery seems to be permanent. In my case, the best option was to go to a real doctor and have him use his artistry to re-create my hairline in a natural way. Now, I'm only 1-month post-opp, so I'm not out of the woods. As much as you are nervous about another procedure, it might be your best option. I'm sorry to hear your tribulation. Good luck as you work through your options.

MR

Sure you can get them removed, but I wouldn't rule out getting some new FUs to hide them. I had some very visible old grafts hidden by 1600 new FUs and am very pleased with the results. When you say that you "don't like the look of hair transplants", this indicates that you didn't have a good surgeon, or you got them a while ago and had an older procedure.

Botchedbosley:

Compression and pitted scarring are correctable in most cases by punch removal and suture closure. This method has been used for many years for pitted facial scaring and functions reasonably well to reduce the pitted characteristics of some scars. Scars usually cannot be totally eliminated but they can usually be improved. The other suggestions given you have validity as well. icon_biggrin.gif

Dr. Limmer

Gary,

Just curious who your Dr. was for the 1600 FU process.

-Midnite

Dr. Sharon Keene in Tucson. I originally wanted the old grafts removed, but she said she could hide them, and she did. They blend in nicely with the new grafts.

• 3 months later...