Recommended Doctors

Pat,

Have you asked the following doctors who are part of your list (including some on the coalition) why they are part of the Hairlossdoctorlist.com? I think it is great that you recommend them here. They are all fine doctors. Why would 4 of your "coalition" members choose to do this, if you say the other site is not ethical?

Dr. James Harris, MD

Dr. Bobby Limmer MD (coalition member)

Dr. Bradley Limmer MD (coalition member)

Dr. William M. Parsley MD

Dr. Bernard Nusbaum MD (coalition member)

Dr. Jerry Cooley MD (coalition member)

Dr. Michael Beehner, MD

Bill,

Since you clearly posted a lie in the other forum about these doctors not meeting the standards here, would you kindly go back to the other forum and explain why you chose to defame them?

PerfectFew

Pat,

Have you asked the following doctors who are part of your list (including some on the coalition) why they are part of the Hairlossdoctorlist.com? I think it is great that you recommend them here. They are all fine doctors. Why would 4 of your "coalition" members choose to do this, if you say the other site is not ethical?

Dr. James Harris, MD

Dr. Bobby Limmer MD (coalition member)

Dr. Bradley Limmer MD (coalition member)

Dr. William M. Parsley MD

Dr. Bernard Nusbaum MD (coalition member)

Dr. Jerry Cooley MD (coalition member)

Dr. Michael Beehner, MD

Bill,

Since you clearly posted a lie in the other forum about these doctors not meeting the standards here, would you kindly go back to the other forum and explain why you chose to defame them?

PerfectFew

Perfect idiot,

Bill made an error and I'm sure that when he realizes this he'll correct it.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Originally posted by NervousNelly:

Perfect idiot,

Bill made an error and I'm sure that when he realizes this he'll correct it.

NN

Nervous Nutsack,

I'll believe that when I see it.

PerfectFew

• Administrators

Imperfect Few,

Why did these physicians let themselves get talked into Dr. Goertz's grudge site? That's a very good question considering that every one of them has benefited from the good will of this community for years. I will certainly be asking each of them this question on Monday.

My hope is that they were not aware of how bitter and antagonistic this grudge site would be. Judging from the spin and deceptive nature of your posts I'd imagine these physicians were sold on your site under false pretenses.

If any of these physicians continue to support Dr. Goertz's grudge site and its antagonism toward patient based community then they will no longer have any business deriving benefits from this community.

Frankly, your site has been a God send to this community. Normally the physicians have worked behind the scenes in private emails and conversations to undermine this community. Now they are out in the open for all to see. For this I thank you and Dr. Goertz (assuming you aren't Dr. Goertz himself).

P.S. Bill was correct in stating that some of the physicians behind your grudge site did not meet the standards for recommendation on this site - most notably Dr. Goertz himself/yourself who was removed from this site for performing poor work as shown in this photo.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Fight!!!!

Ha ha, just kidding.

To some degree, I understand why PerfectFew has been suspicious about this community. For example: when I started posting I decided that I wasn't going to name my surgeon; I felt that even though the work was solid, and that I was more comfortable during the procedure and the following few days of recovery than I had been after certain dentist visits, my situation was still somewhat controversial due to my age. I thought at first that a witch hunt might ensue if I mentioned my doctor, so I chose not to volunteer that information. Based on my interaction with everyone here and the type of feedback that I have gotten, I no longer think this is the case, but I can understand why a person might be turned off at first by the cheerleading aspect of the community. Certain highly skilled, ethical doctors out there today may be avoided simply because they are not affiliated with the Coalition; however, think about how many horrific experiences also have been avoided because potential ht patients have come here first. It might not be fair to all of the other good doctors performing hts right now, but this is simply the nature of capitalism. The docs here have made enough money and developed enough of a reputation that they get the extra push. Then again, it is fair game to start another website that extols other doctors in the same way, and it might not always be appropriate to accuse the other community simply for supporting doctors who do not belong to this Coalition. But I think that ultimately 99% of the regular posters here seem like great guys with good intentions, and that the PATIENT will always benefit by sticking with the Coalition, even if certain other doctors miss out a little.

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

Originally posted by youngsuccess:

Fight!!!!

Ha ha, just kidding.

To some degree, I understand why PerfectFew has been suspicious about this community. For example: when I started posting I decided that I wasn't going to name my surgeon; I felt that even though the work was solid, and that I was more comfortable during the procedure and the following few days of recovery than I had been after certain dentist visits, my situation was still somewhat controversial due to my age. I thought at first that a witch hunt might ensue if I mentioned my doctor, so I chose not to volunteer that information. Based on my interaction with everyone here and the type of feedback that I have gotten, I no longer think this is the case, but I can understand why a person might be turned off at first by the cheerleading aspect of the community. Certain highly skilled, ethical doctors out there today may be avoided simply because they are not affiliated with the Coalition; however, think about how many horrific experiences also have been avoided because potential ht patients have come here first. It might not be fair to all of the other good doctors performing hts right now, but this is simply the nature of capitalism. The docs here have made enough money and developed enough of a reputation that they get the extra push. Then again, it is fair game to start another website that extols other doctors in the same way, and it might not always be appropriate to accuse the other community simply for supporting doctors who do not belong to this Coalition. But I think that ultimately 99% of the regular posters here seem like great guys with good intentions, and that the PATIENT will always benefit by sticking with the Coalition, even if certain other doctors miss out a little.

youngsuccess:

Thank you for your kind words. Certainly there is value to a patient-driven community. I just want what any patient wants (I am a happy patient), TRUTH IN ADVERTISING.

PerfectFew

• Administrators

Youngsuccess,

I do understand how some patients may feel reluctant to post on our forum if their physician is not known or recommended on our community. But I believe that the members of this forum are very receptive to learning about new physicians and clinics who may also prove worthy of recommendation. We encourage all patients from all physicians to share both the good and bad on this forum.

I've been helping patients identify and learn about the best surgical techniques and the physicians who perform them with great results for over ten years now. I have attented over a dozen hair transplant conferences/meetings and visited dozens of clinic worldwide.

I've turned over one Hell of alot of rocks looking for gems and in my opinion there just aren't that many physicians who merit recommendation. And virtually all of them who are both ethical and provide outstanding work are already recommended on this community.

As you might imagine my rejection of the vast majority of physicians has made me unpopular and the object of scorn with many hair transplant physicians.

For example, I know every single one of the physicians on the new Hair Loss Doctor's list site in addition to those who are recommended on this site.

I have met personally with Dr. Weinstein when I was in Maryland and Dr. Rousso during the ISHRS meeting in San Diego. They both seemed like real gentleman. But I did not gain the level of confidence needed to recommend them. Perhaps I was overly conservative? Perhaps, but I prefer to error on the side of caution.

Youngsuccess, please feel free to share your experience and photos no matter what my opinion or other members opinions may or may not be.

P.S. Once again your assumptions and calculations are wrong. But go ahead and scream how horrible it is that after ten years of work and helping thousands of patients find great results that I can make a good living.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Originally posted by Pat - Publisher of this Community:

Youngsuccess,

I do understand how some patients may feel reluctant to post on our forum if their physician is not known or recommended on our community. But I believe that the members of this forum are very receptive to learning about new physicians and clinics who may also prove worthy of recommendation. We encourage all patients from all physicians to share both the good and bad on this forum.

I've been helping patients identify and learn about the best surgical techniques and the physicians who perform them with great results for over ten years now. I have attented over a dozen hair transplant conferences/meetings and visited dozens of clinic worldwide.

I've turned over one Hell of alot of rocks looking for gems and in my opinion there just aren't that many physicians who merit recommendation. And virtually all of them who are both ethical and provide outstanding work are already recommended on this community.

As you might imagine my rejection of the vast majority of physicians has made me unpopular and the object of scorn with many hair transplant physicians.

For example, I know every single one of the physicians on the new Hair Loss Doctor's list site in addition to those who are recommended on this site.

I have met personally with Dr. Weinstein when I was in Maryland and Dr. Rousso during the ISHRS meeting in San Diego. They both seemed like real gentleman. But I did not gain the level of confidence needed to recommend them. Perhaps I was overly conservative? Perhaps, but I prefer to error on the side of caution.

Youngsuccess, please feel free to share your experience and photos no matter what my opinion or other members opinions may or may not be.

Youngsuccess:

Why don't you just find out for yourself: Call any one of these fine doctors and ask them why they have to advertise here?

They will tell you the REAL TRUTH!

PerfectFew

I don't want to get in the middle of this, so I'll just finish by saying that again, PerfectFew I definitely see where you are coming from, but I trust Pat entirely when it comes to him looking out for the patients posting here, the "little guys" (as dubbed by Bill) more than the "big guys" (the doctors), which is really what the forum is all about.

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website