Steroids

Abid

I am pretty knowledgable when it comes to bodybuilding. I know a lot of stuff. Working out, what foods to eat e.t.c but one subject I never really knew about was steriods. I was wondering why anabolic steroids are bad for you. I mean they make you much bigger and and will probably allow you to get tons more chicks so why not use them. It produces lean muscle. Plus doctors write priscriptions for them as well. If I use them and workout hardcore I can gain like 20 punds even in 2 months. More then likely I'm not gonna use them though. I'm more curious.

I heard if you use them in the right amount of dosage and workout a lot then their ok to use. Is this not true.

When people say steroids, there are many types. All a steroid is a type intercultural messenger that contains some carbon rings and is mostly hydrophobic (fat soluble). Actually Cholesterol is a steroid. Problem with steroids is that you get really jacked up and pump extremely good, but once your off your reduced. Say if I worked out at 100lbs for an exercise, started a regiment of steroids and was pushing 150 with steroids. Once I got off of roids, i would drop to something like 120. While not on steroids, i would of been at 110.

Big problem I see is that roiders ususally take much more than they should and take the stuff way too much. At the moment it probably wouldn't have too much of an effect, but it messes with your personality, hormones and organs. Steroid takers on the baseball team in high school were often pissed and had burst of anger. Your hormones get screwed up and you can start expressing traits of the opposite sex. The worst thing it does is mess with Organs. I know the governator had to get surgery on his heart valves a while back due to steroid use 20 years ago. I say stay away from it, besides it will probably increase your DHT level.

Yeah I know what you mean about the getting off the steroids and then geting reduced. It's basically like creatine then. When I first took creatine I loved it and I was like man this stuff is the shit and I can lift more. But once I stopped using it all of a sudden I got weaker. It's a really crappy feeling knowing that you have to rely on something just to get stronger and and to be able to lift more. This is a big turn off for me.

Also like you mentioned that a lot of people that take them overdose it. That's why I think that however if you take them in the right dosage they probably aren't as bad as people say they are.

I have also heard that it tends to make you more mad and even causes depression due to this fact. But I have never heard that it can make you express opposite sex traits haha. I find this really interesting. I take your word though.

As far as the governator of course I can see him getting a heart surgery or whatever. I mean no one probably did it more then him haha. He was a huge bodybuilder at the time when steroid use was like at its peak. They used them like it was water cause they didn't know all the bad info about them back then. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

It still amazes me though how people are able to get a hold of steroids. How the heck did the kids from the baseball team get them haha.

As far as DHT levels go, I have read that after you stop useing them your hair becomes normal again.

This is just my opinion but I think that the use of steroids is ok to use as long as you go about it the right way. Meaning taking the right amount of dosage, working out a lot e.t.c.

Lots of coaches in competitive high schools push it on students, mainly because its not tested much if at all.

I can drive 60 miles south to Mexico and get steroids. I'd stay away from the stuff. I have a bunch of friends who did it in high school and some in college. Sure they got big, but I bet that some will have problems with it, esp the ones that took hgh.

• 5 weeks later...

Steroids:

They have an effective & safe outcome if used correctly.

As a younger guy under the age of 30: your testosterone level is 500 to 800 nano grams. This age group has no business touching them.

Using them to slightly increase your levels with doctor monitoring of your levels is an excellent course of HRT.

The issue we see today in Pro BodyBuilding is these guys are taking 1000mg every 3 days, plus HGH and Insulin. The average person would be dead from all of this - but these guys for the most part have a medical team watching everything. But this an elite few.

There are no easy short cuts - work out hard, eat properly, sleep 7 to 8 hours a night and drink plenty of water. Your diet has to fit your work out goals as well.

Taking 200 to 600 mg per week for a 12 week cycle with the proper post cycle therapy is going to work wonders for the average guy. (who's been cleared medically)

One point of reference: most of the black market stuff is made in un-sanitary conditions and can cause intramuscular infections.

It is simply like playing russian roulette.

Europe is 10 years ahead of the USA on HRT for men over 35/40 yrs of age. In the USA they have demonized HRT/Steroids because of professional sports and the money involved in it.

I personally have no intention of aging gracefully - I will fight it tooth and nail. Once I see my testosterone levels drop below 400NG - I will be asking for HRT to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

On a separate note: Roid Rage is a myth for the most part. It gives A*Holes an excuse to act up further. There is only one steroid that causes wild mood swings and it is not used by most. (tren)

Also the gains you are talking about aren't really possible every two months. Nothing beats hard work and dieting properly.

9/17/04 - 6279 Graphs

1/11/07 - 4128 Graphs

==========

Total: 10,407

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

used steroids when I was playing basketball in some local clubs in preseasons.

When you are taking steroids, you MUST be under the observation of a medical staff. As they are a two-faced blade, they can easily be beneficial or harmful. Also, the moment you step off, you start to reduce what you built up.

Personalyl I would not recomment using them, but after all, if you want to get ripped quite fast and easily, it is your choice.

Hello

I actually took Steriods when I was much younger (and yes they work very well). Scientically speaking, the term "steroids" is very broad as there are so many different kinds. In addition, there is a difference between use and abuse (although illegal). Any drug when used incorrectly will most likely cause problems.

At the end of the day, they are a short term solution as it is foolish to think you would stay on them. Depending on the drug, your diet and training plan results will vary and you will most likely lose most of what you gain ( especially the andogenic drugs)

Like hairloss, there is no magic pill.

P.S. I might disagree a bit with the earlier poster regarding "roid rage". I have a very calm nature but I can tell you, when I was on the juice my fuse was short which was very uncharacteristic for me. I don't know if it is roid rage but is certainly can make you lose your cool. Let's face it, you are filled with a high level of male hormones!!

Edited by MrJobi

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 2 months later...

Question here, I'm on a weightlifting regime, will that increase my levels of testosterone, DHT and hence accelerate my genetic balding? Do I need to increase my dosage of propecia to counter the effects of elevated DHT?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi!

Many side effects of steroids are associated with the androgenic activity. They are acne, seborrhea, body hair growth, hair loss on the head, prostatic hypertrophy, testicular atrophy etc. Androgenic activity is the ability of steroid hormones to provoke the phenomenon of masculinization (the process of accumulation of male secondary sexual characteristics in a female) and virilization (the process of manifestation of male characteristics in men and in women on steroids).

But with an appropriate usage of steroids, there are minimal chances to get some side effects of it.

Surely, the best and safer way it is just using a combination of healthy diet and right exercises.

If you want to know more about steroids, I would like to recommend you one good article.

Edited by Bill - Managing Publisher

Brian, while we appreciate your contribution and participation on our hair restoration discussion forum, this is not a venue for free advertising. Please do not post promotional content or links on this forum. Frankly, I saw your last two posts which were very vague and was a clear indication that you might be a spammer. So I looked up your other posts and sure enough, here we go. If you were going to post, don’t link to anything or promote anything. Posting, “thanks for the read” is not compelling this just a sign that you are future posts will be spam.

Bill