Redness

Guest Chris

In June of this year, two months ago, I had 2100 fu's from my hairline to the top of my head. Every  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey Chris,

Re: redness, I noticed the slightly red "sunburn" look of my scalp dissapeared at appx 5 mo's...also I can say at this time the partial numb feeling left...I am approaching the 6 mo. mark and have all scalp feeling back..and no redness anymore...additionally I am elated at the strength and length my "new" hair is showing...perviously I had very little Temple area hair...at 5 months I am able to see growing hair cover this area...my plan is to let my hair grow longer than I would want and then get a nice even cut..it is very nice to see that I can have frontal hair growing to my eyebrows if I wish....Good Luck..I know you will be even happier at the 5-6 mo. mark.!!!

P.S. I too was optimistic early on..at about the 10 week point. Wait till it grows out icon_smile.gif

NW, can you post some pictures of your results. I would love to see some positive results. Also, Pat said that his scalp looked exactly as it did before surgery way before the 5 month mark. Why do you think it took so long for your scalp to return back to normal?

Thanks and take care

MD

I am posting 6 mo results on appx. sept 15 or so..<my post surgery appointment date>..I need to obtain my Dr's photo of me from my original surgery day.. then at that time I am going to post both 6 mo vs. pre-surgery pic's..as for redness I think Pat healed very quickly..I did too..however the redness was there longer for myself, also I did have some small mini's 5 hairs put on my crown for density..may have left redness a bit longer...honestly some are against this.<mini's>..but I personally am happy with the thickness resulting. My Dr. used very small and fine slits for my surgery and I have no sign of any scars in the receipient area. I did have the majority of my transplant folliculer however........so here again depends on who you listen to..!!!..overall..I trust Pats advice..as a person whom has been through it all. I just think my limited amount of small crown mini's turned out nice and added volume. watch for my pic post later in Sept.

I had my surgery 4 weeks ago, and have no redness at this time. Actually I did not have any noticeable redness after about 2 weeks. I think it depends in your skin type and pigmentation. icon_cool.gif

Agree w/gary on skin type etc..I have blue eyes and light skin/hair..so naturally I am prone to more redness..it was nothing that was very noticable..very minor really..only I could tell when I looked closely...it does go away anyways....good luck Gary.

Actually, I have light skin and blue eyes too, and the redness was gone in a couple of weeks. Could the size of the incisions affect this as well? Maybe it's genetic? Different people scar differently, so maybe that has something to do with it too. My scars tend to fade fairly quickly.