Dr. True N.Y.C.

MS46

I first noticed my hair loss in my late 30's. By my mid 40's I decided to do something about it. What to do was not the question, a transplant was the only "real" solution, the question was, who to have do the procedure. After "shopping" around, and not liking what I was finding, I met with John at Elliot&True. This, as it turns out, is what I had been looking for. The atmosphere was comfortable and relaxed, thorough, without being pushy. We discussed the mechanics of the procedure, looked at an impressive array of before and after photos, and then I met with Dr. True. I found his relaxed laid back attitude very reassuring. We discussed options (hair line, density, etc.)Dr. True took some measurements of my balding area, made some quick calculations and came up with a game plan. We then set a date for the first of what would turn out to be three procedures. Fast forward to "game day". I was in the chair by 8:30 AM, out by 5:30 PM, with plenty of breaks and a break for lunch. I have plenty of donor hair, so the first step was simple enough. After the initial prick of the numbing needle discomfort was minimal. After the doner grafts were harvested the techs. went to work seperating the grafts. I then got to relax and watch a movie for a couple of hours or so while they completed their work. When they were done Dr. True came back in and made the 1500+ incisions (after we finalized exactly where the hair line would be).This is where the artistry of the Dr. comes in, I couldn't be happier with the results! My hair line looks perfectly natural. The rest of the day was spent inserting grafts into the incisions. The entire time all you feel is a little presure, but no pain,(they keep numbing you as needed). That's it! The entire procedure. I returned to the office the next day to check on my donor incision, everything had gone acording to plan with no surprizes. Over the next 10 days I simply followed the schedule. I slept in a recliner for three nights, washed my hair using a pitcher, soaked my head by day seven or so, and by day nine my scabs fell off. By day 10 all that remained was a little redness. 10 months later I went in for a second 1500+ grafts for a total of 3100+. In about a month I will be going in for my third and final procedure, I can't wait! I can't say enough good things about Dr. True, his staff, and the whole process. It has been the best money I've ever spent. I feel great, my hair looks great. If your thinking of having it done and you live in the NYC area, consider yourself lucky to have someone as skilled as Dr. True so close by.

I first noticed my hair loss in my late 30's. By my mid 40's I decided to do something about it. What to do was not the question, a transplant was the only "real" solution, the question was, who to have do the procedure. After "shopping" around, and not liking what I was finding, I met with John at Elliot&True. This, as it turns out, is what I had been looking for. The atmosphere was comfortable and relaxed, thorough, without being pushy. We discussed the mechanics of the procedure, looked at an impressive array of before and after photos, and then I met with Dr. True. I found his relaxed laid back attitude very reassuring. We discussed options (hair line, density, etc.)Dr. True took some measurements of my balding area, made some quick calculations and came up with a game plan. We then set a date for the first of what would turn out to be three procedures. Fast forward to "game day". I was in the chair by 8:30 AM, out by 5:30 PM, with plenty of breaks and a break for lunch. I have plenty of donor hair, so the first step was simple enough. After the initial prick of the numbing needle discomfort was minimal. After the doner grafts were harvested the techs. went to work seperating the grafts. I then got to relax and watch a movie for a couple of hours or so while they completed their work. When they were done Dr. True came back in and made the 1500+ incisions (after we finalized exactly where the hair line would be).This is where the artistry of the Dr. comes in, I couldn't be happier with the results! My hair line looks perfectly natural. The rest of the day was spent inserting grafts into the incisions. The entire time all you feel is a little presure, but no pain,(they keep numbing you as needed). That's it! The entire procedure. I returned to the office the next day to check on my donor incision, everything had gone acording to plan with no surprizes. Over the next 10 days I simply followed the schedule. I slept in a recliner for three nights, washed my hair using a pitcher, soaked my head by day seven or so, and by day nine my scabs fell off. By day 10 all that remained was a little redness. 10 months later I went in for a second 1500+ grafts for a total of 3100+. In about a month I will be going in for my third and final procedure, I can't wait! I can't say enough good things about Dr. True, his staff, and the whole process. It has been the best money I've ever spent. I feel great, my hair looks great. If your thinking of having it done and you live in the NYC area, consider yourself lucky to have someone as skilled as Dr. True so close by.