Appointment cancelations

I've read that many doctors offer discounts for people with flexible schedules who are able to fill in for a canceled appointment.

Has anyone done this?

What type of discount (on average) would leading doctors be willing to give for an individual who can come in and fill a canceled appointment.

Cheers,

Instinct

I've read that many doctors offer discounts for people with flexible schedules who are able to fill in for a canceled appointment.

Has anyone done this?

What type of discount (on average) would leading doctors be willing to give for an individual who can come in and fill a canceled appointment.

Cheers,

Instinct

I did--I've found that the shorter the notice, the larger the discount is for most clinics.

Another thing to consider is that each person has a different form of negotiation.

If you have found your doc, my advice is to set a date X amount of months in advance, pay the deposit, and then give the clinic times when your available--with a pre-determined price negotiated for the earlier date.

Another thing to consider is simply telling the clinic how much you can afford and seeing if they can work around your budget.

It never hurts to ask, nor does it hurt to get several quotes.

I will not reveal the person or doctor, but I know of a fellow who got a pretty damn good deal with a really good doctor just by picking up the phone and asking.

Good Luck!

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Most doctors rely on a full apt schedule. If an early opening is avialable you might get a discount, but almost always, if you are a "standby" patient to fill in for a cancelation then you get good discounts-- sometime they even throw in a hotel or airline discounts (some do this anyway regardless of your appointment schedule)

SMOOTHY

Dr. Shapiro

Propecia/Rogaine xtra

MSM/Saw Palmetto

Nioxin Shampoo line

Zrii 3oz daily