Looking for Help from Vets

Hi, I am new to this board, I have read a lot of post over the last few days and you guys seem to know you stuff (good thing) I am 21 (almost 22) And i have thinning hair in front. It wasnt THAT bad at 1st, But i started to use Rogaine ( 4 weeks on it now) And I lost A LOT of hair in front AND on my crown some too... I got really upset and went to MHR and was all but ready to sign up and go under the knife. Then i ran into this board. And listening to you guys changed my point of view... Thank g-d i didnt go threw it by them... Well what im trying to get at is... Do you think at my age and hair loss (NW-4 working on a 5) I should go under the knife? OR should i stick with rogaine (hope it grows back some hair or atlest holds what i got) and get some propica.. OR invest in a hair piece of what not... My Girlfriend doesn't care if im bald at 25 or not.. But i sure as hell do... I am just scared it will come out bad and i will have that scar forever.... anyway.. sorry for the rambling.. Any and ALL insite would be great! I Live in the NY area And hear good things about feller and True.. how are they? amd reccomend?... Thanks for listening.

P.S. How is Avacor? And how is there DHT blocker? Thanks!

Hi, I am new to this board, I have read a lot of post over the last few days and you guys seem to know you stuff (good thing) I am 21 (almost 22) And i have thinning hair in front. It wasnt THAT bad at 1st, But i started to use Rogaine ( 4 weeks on it now) And I lost A LOT of hair in front AND on my crown some too... I got really upset and went to MHR and was all but ready to sign up and go under the knife. Then i ran into this board. And listening to you guys changed my point of view... Thank g-d i didnt go threw it by them... Well what im trying to get at is... Do you think at my age and hair loss (NW-4 working on a 5) I should go under the knife? OR should i stick with rogaine (hope it grows back some hair or atlest holds what i got) and get some propica.. OR invest in a hair piece of what not... My Girlfriend doesn't care if im bald at 25 or not.. But i sure as hell do... I am just scared it will come out bad and i will have that scar forever.... anyway.. sorry for the rambling.. Any and ALL insite would be great! I Live in the NY area And hear good things about feller and True.. how are they? amd reccomend?... Thanks for listening.

P.S. How is Avacor? And how is there DHT blocker? Thanks!

your girlfriend probably does care. But she is doing the super cool supportive girlfriend thing. Totally awesome.

You should do HT for yourself. Because it makes you more confident OR it helps compliment your personality and facial features.

If your hairloss is bothering you at your age -- not an uncommon thing -- hit the Proscar and give Rogaine a try to. What do you lose by trying? And there is much to gain.

Best of luck to you.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

-- If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

-- The truth only matters if you know about it.

Nike,

Does Rogaine make your scalp real itchy? If it does or if you don't see yourself dealing with the hassle of applying it twice a day over the long-term, I would stop using Rogaine and put the money you save toward other hair appearance improvements. Even when it does work, Rogaine only grows peach-fuzz type hair for the vast majority of people.

Second, I would go see your general doctor and talk to him about prescribing Proscar (1/4 tablet per day = 1.25mg Finesteride). This is the FDA approved DHT blocker of choice. It can and does thicken up peach-fuzz type hairs into normal thickness hairs and helps maintain whatever hair you still have. This is key for a young guy like yourself who is experiencing early hair loss. Stay on this every day for at least 12 months and then evaluate the effectiveness. Taking before and after pics under the same conditions might help you make a more unbiased judgement of the results.

Third, consider trying Toppik as a camoflauge. This is one of the best ways to immediately improve your hair's appearance.

Lastly, if after 12 - 18 months of using Finesteride and researching about Hair Transplants you are still bent on getting one, go to a top all-follicular unit Doctor and get a consult. If you decide to go forward, the time you were on Finesteride will have thickened up your hair... which is one of the best things you can do to limit shock loss. I'm 6 months out from 1500 FU transplants by Dr. True and am quite pleased thus far. Click on the little index card / person icon above and then select "View Recent Posts" to hear a little more about my story. I would not get a hair-piece ever! Again, take the money you save by not buying/maintaining a hair piece and spend it on other hair remedies.

I provide the above advice based on my own personal experience and learning. Oh yeah -- and it doesn't hurt to pray about every decision along the way. Serious. May your hair prospects and future be bright.

GratefulHead