(MORE PICURES) 8 months post op - with DR. KEENE

kg007

Hello everyone,

I have uploaded more pictures of frontal zone (1/3). You will notice how thin this area is. I would say I have about 30 grafts/cm2 in this area. I am considering adding density in this area.

I have consulted with some of top docs, and they feel comfortable working in this area with minimum chances of shock loss with the use to very small blades (from 0.5mm to 1mm - depending on graft size).

Let me know your feedback if you have experince in similar situation as mine (with any doctor).

Thanks,

KG

9771097251_A3CCBEEB0FFA97908D693A373DEDFBF6.JPG.thumb 9321018951_DB4EF65B783748AF6251733025C4CD26.jpg.thumb 8671021751_D488077B7CC004489BFE05524514C99C.JPG.thumb 8471021751_18BBFBBCB746919999E1E5EE5D623A9A.JPG.thumb 5161021751_DADF659395530743A385A4628BEB0CC8.JPG.thumb 4221018951_D2D4A1A40E8CE2DD68C6F609E057B30B.jpg.thumb 4121018951_8FC936777BCA6A7660EBD2924F67309C.jpg.thumb 3321018951_0C58BA792F3DFF02601E8D1A28787DBF.jpg.thumb 3161021751_467194D707CF5E37F40F5F6E88718DA4.JPG.thumb 2971021751_355EA048A5816E5CB4BE3D78E0B8E506.JPG.thumb 1261021751_77FAFA68C9BBE08C53F201C6DBE7A7E9.JPG.thumb

• Administrators

KG,

Congratulations on your results. The crown area typically takes longer to grow hair. So at 7.5 months your doing well.

You may want to consider using some Prothik in the crown area to give your crown a much fuller look. I use Prothik in my crown area and it really makes a vast improvement.

Keep us posted,

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Thanks Pat -

yeah crown looks good. I am seeing some more thickening at 8 months. I'll be posting more pictures very soon.

I have a question for you and for all the folks here -

As some of you already know I am seriously considering going for HT2 later this year to put some 1000 grafts on top/front (about 6 to 10 grafts/cm2). As you can see in my pictures I have very thin/see thru coverage on top, and I want to add some density in these areas, but I am really concerned about the shock-loss. I have read a lot about shock-loss, and I know it's a real concern for anybody with moderate to okay existing coverage. But I am really sick of covering my top with comb-overs looks. Some people have advised me to wait some more before putting anything on top, now what good is that going to be for me? I mean I have been on propecia for over 4 years now, and it seems like it's doing pretty good to help me hold on to what's left. My top looks same as it did 2 years ago (except slight receding in temples), so if I wait some more, lets say 2-3 years (by the time i'll be 26-27, now I am 24)), there's very good possibility that my top will be looking same as now, so I will be facing the same concern of shock loss when I am 27!! So what's the difference if I do it now or 3 years later?

I know you guys have been HT veterans for years. You have seen good results and poor results and I really need your knowledge and expertise. I am one of those guys who's very young and not very happy with the hair I have and want to do something about it. I have been on propecia, I have used rogaine on crown and I really hate using it so I stopped which made things little worse, I had my first HT with Dr. Keene 8 months ago and things are looking good in crown. Now I am ready to take the next step to recover the front/top, but I have big decision to make. I am willing to put the least amount of grafts (5-10 grafts/cm2) on top to minimize the risk of shockloss. Please let me know you opinion as it means a lot to me.

Thanks,

KG

kg, your crown work looks great for 7 1/2 months. Regarding your decision to have another ht, I would consult with Dr. Keene and solicit her opinion. I'm sure she would be very up-front with you. Ultimately it's your decision, but it can only benefit you to get another opinion or two. Good luck. Terry.

Thanks Terry -

Yes, I did discuss my desire to put some grafts on top and front and she has warned me about shockloss and explained me the negative side of my opinion, but if I am willing to take this step she would be willing work on me. Again, I don't want to take a huge risk by putting lot of grafts, if I get 5-10 grafts/cm2 and can avoid the shockloss, I would be happy.

Also I have seen many before/after pictures on this website, and lot of the guys had similar coverage as me and they went for 2 - 1000 grafts hair transplants to recover top and front and their results look fabulous.

I am planning on taking new pictures and consulting with some qualified surgeons for their opinions. But I would also appreciate all the opinion here on this forum as I'll be getting the honest opinions here from experienced people.

Thanks guys,

KG

Hello everyone,

I have just updated my photo album, I have uploaded 8 months post-op pictures. Things are looking good. Hoping for some more growth/thickening.

Please check out the pictures and let me know what you think.

As many of you know I am toying with the idea of putting grafts on top to thicken teh see-thru areas, but my doc has advised me against it and recommeded to focus only on hair-line zone area as if we thicken that area, thinning on top will not be noticable. What do you think about that? What would you do if you were in my situation? I really want thicken the top as I am very young and want to have more hair, but shockloss concern is holding me back. What do you guys suggest? I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

KG

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Kg,

Well, I'm not sure who else shares my opinion, but it seems to me that you have a very nice looking and natural hairline with a good amount of natural hair in the front. In my opinion, I would leave the hairline alone. There is a possibility due to shockloss of a net loss, though I know you have been explained those risks so you are aware. Personally, I think your front portion looks great already, very natural and thick. Leave it alone...focus on the crown and save some grafts for if/when you lose more in the front. I"m not sure how old you are, but you look young....you never know what might happen and you may lose more hair. Just my opinion.

Bill

Hello Bill -

Thanks for your concern. Yes I only 24. I have been on propecia for over 4 years now, and it seems to be working well as my hair pattern has been very stable.

I want to add some density in the front because I think I have very thin front/top. But if I get the front thicked up, that will make thinning on top less visible. Look at some close up pictures of frontal 1/3 that I have attached. This will give you better idea.

I am open to any comments and feedback.

Thanks,

KG

Hey Kg,

I see what you mean about the thinning, but it seems to me that in order for the thinning to become obvious, you have to really try to make it obvious, by coming hair over to the right and left so you can see the thinning. I'm curious what you would look like if you just styled your hair straight back what the might look like. Anyway, since you are on Propecia and your hairloss has stabilized, that's definately a good thing. See what your doc recommends as far as a treatment, but I still think your hairline looks pretty healthy, though a little thin. I'm curious to see what you decide. Keep us posted.

Bill

Hello Bill ??“

Yes I have a strong hair line, but I have lot of thinning behind the hair line. So if I decide to do HT, we won't be touching the hairline as much as the area behind it. I have tried styling my hair straight back, that makes my thinning worse as I also have similar thinning on top/mid crown (I will try to post a picture). The only way I can successfully hide the thinning in the front is by combing my hair to the right, and I am really sick of doing that.

I have consulted with some doctors recommended on this forum. All feel very confident and comfortable working in the front 1/3 area without damaging my existing hair.

I am still not sure what I am going to do.

KG

kg007,

Thanks for the response. I'm glad that docs are confident in doing the work there.

So what hangups are you still having then? You say you are still not sure, is there anything I or other people here can help you with...maybe questions you still have? None of us can make decisions for you of course, and having another HT is a big decision and costly. So if you need any additional input, feel free to ask. Keep us all posted and I hope everything works out for you!

Bill