Could this scar revision technique (suturing muscle beneath scalp) work for a stretched donor scar?

Guys,

Have you seen mm22's post in another topic (on this forum) where he details a donor scar revision he had done under general anaesthetic. Is this likely to work for a stretched donor scar of say 15mm wide? This is quite exciting because I have a 15mm wide stretched donor scar and my only hope I thought was tissue expansion. Could this procedure also help? I have attached mm22's post below:

"Scar Revision

Hi Miami, after my last surgery I found that my donor scar stretched quite a bit and in some places it was as wide as 1/2 an inch after about 6 months after the operation. I have had a number of surgeries in my time so i think that things were just getting too tight around that area. My HT Dr referred me to a plastic surgeon who told me he could fix it by cutting below the surface of the scar into the muscle above the skull and then removing some muscle and then stitching the muscle together along with removing the scar and resuturing the the area together. The theory behind it was that all the strain would be on the muscle below the skin rather than the skin/scar and therefore the skin/scar wont stretch. I had the procedure done under general anaesetic and the scar was revised from ear to ear. Six months on and I am pleased with the results and in most areas the scar is now only 2mm wide. I have a small pink area near the top of one ear but the surgeon says that the hair should grow back in this area as it is bare from shock loss where he did the original incision. When the surgeon removed my scar he sent it to my HT Dr who removed any follicles left in the scar and then later that day he planted them into my frontal region. He only got 100 FU's out but still its better than nothing and I cant afford to waste them. It was certainly a long day with some pain but I am glad I went ahead with the procedure. I had it done in Australia where I live. I dont cut my hair shorter than a 4 at the back so I am not sure how it would look shaved - probably a bit sparse I think given the number of surgeries I have had."

Guys,

Have you seen mm22's post in another topic (on this forum) where he details a donor scar revision he had done under general anaesthetic. Is this likely to work for a stretched donor scar of say 15mm wide? This is quite exciting because I have a 15mm wide stretched donor scar and my only hope I thought was tissue expansion. Could this procedure also help? I have attached mm22's post below:

"Scar Revision

Hi Miami, after my last surgery I found that my donor scar stretched quite a bit and in some places it was as wide as 1/2 an inch after about 6 months after the operation. I have had a number of surgeries in my time so i think that things were just getting too tight around that area. My HT Dr referred me to a plastic surgeon who told me he could fix it by cutting below the surface of the scar into the muscle above the skull and then removing some muscle and then stitching the muscle together along with removing the scar and resuturing the the area together. The theory behind it was that all the strain would be on the muscle below the skin rather than the skin/scar and therefore the skin/scar wont stretch. I had the procedure done under general anaesetic and the scar was revised from ear to ear. Six months on and I am pleased with the results and in most areas the scar is now only 2mm wide. I have a small pink area near the top of one ear but the surgeon says that the hair should grow back in this area as it is bare from shock loss where he did the original incision. When the surgeon removed my scar he sent it to my HT Dr who removed any follicles left in the scar and then later that day he planted them into my frontal region. He only got 100 FU's out but still its better than nothing and I cant afford to waste them. It was certainly a long day with some pain but I am glad I went ahead with the procedure. I had it done in Australia where I live. I dont cut my hair shorter than a 4 at the back so I am not sure how it would look shaved - probably a bit sparse I think given the number of surgeries I have had."