3,500 FUE w/ Dr. Armani

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit!! I remember thinking to myself "WOW, I just paid $15K for 4950 grafts. Damn, that's a lot of money". Now I feel like I got a bargain! Well hairme, as long as YOU feel it was money well spent, so be it. Its only money. Hey guys, remember my neighbor with the bad comb over who spent $50K on that new Lexus but thought I was silly spending $15K on my HT? Muuuwaaaa!! Guess who still has a bad comb over and a year old Lexus with a dent in the fender! icon_biggrin.gif

So the answer is $30,500.00.

Hold on a minute....

Ok I just went back & had another look at hairme's pic's.

Then I took a chill pill so I wouldn't go off on hairme! icon_eek.gif

ok it worked...

It's your head, it's your money, So I hope things turn out Fantastic for you hairme!

Peace,

Wow, that is a lot of money. The $2000.00 I lost in deposit to Dr.Armani seems like nothing now. I will be going to see Hasson and Wong whem I am ready I think. Hope all works out for you hairme07.

That is certainly a lot of cash. I wonder how long Armani will be able to continue to charge those outrageous fees when other top docs charge $10 per fu and others overseas are starting to get good at $2 per fu.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

hairme07, Did Dr. Armani discuss transection with you at all? It seems that it would take 72-hours to be able to safely place the grafts you received so as not to transect your native hair. Isn't it much easier if a patient is bald as opposed to having more hair the doctor has to manuver through? This has been a concern of mine since I've had my HT scheduled. Can anyone give me some facts about this. Thanks!

its752, If you are in your twenties & have as much exisiting hair as hairme, I would suggest you stand back & think about it.

To answer your question, it is much easier if the patient is bald as opposed to planting in between native hair.

And yes there is a risk of transection & ultimately shock loss.

In many cases your hair won't look as good as

it did prior to getting a HT, at least for a long time.

So if you have Elvis hair & you are in your 20's like hairme had pre op, I would wait it out a long time...

NN, C*ole, Harris and Rose are at 6.00 per graft via fue now.

I would not go to C*ole as he uses 1.0mm+ punches.

Harris and Rose are doing AWESOME fue work.

Feller and Bisanga as well.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Folica, Thanks for the quick reply! I just read an article by Bill too: "Shock Loss" and it definitely cleared things up for me including what you said. I should be in good hands with Dr. Hasson

totally agree about c*ole: he even has the nerve to say that a larger punch has no bearing on the scar /dot size. Some of his patients look like they have been shot with a shotgun. It's a shame because he does produce pretty good hairlines.

Originally posted by the B spot:

NN, C*ole, Harris and Rose are at 6.00 per graft via fue now.

I would not go to C*ole as he uses 1.0mm+ punches.

Harris and Rose are doing AWESOME fue work.

Feller and Bisanga as well.

Take Care,

J

Yea funny how Colx bashed MHR for their ethics. I guess being only half as bad is a step up? Kinda like being better than a stick in the eye.

John, we have been there before and have decided it's #9 shot and not # 8. Please be specific. : ). Good to see you posting.

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.

Originally posted by hairme07:

49k! I would buy BMW 6 class instead! 29k tax included plus 1.5k in travel expenses. I am not rich by any means, this chunk of money stung and is tinging monthly!

Guys, just did the maths and this is only ~$8 per graft icon_razz.gif

And I wish I lived in the US as a BMW 6 series is > ??50k in UK!!!

You guys have the best HT surgeons and cheap cars lol.

"Plan for the worst & hope for the best"

one thing I have to say.. is that if he wants to live in the moment, then by all means.. After all there are a billion people out there with tats all over the place that will have the old "tramp stamp" when they're grandparents.. Or earrings you could put your finger through.. He has hair.. could be worse!

No offense to Dr. Cole, but I would gladly pay an extra 1.50 a graft to have Armani do my work. There were 2 previous Cole patients at the Armani clinic when I was there. One already having both Cole and Armani. They both agreed that there was no comparison.

raybones007

Ray, I do tend to live in the moment... But I truly believe by the time I will have some serious balding (around 10 years if like dad and grandads) there will be a cure.

HT's alone have advanced so far in the last 5+ years, it's har dnot to believe something will not be around in another 10+.

Best, Hairme

Hairme07, Did Armani himsef do the extractions or was it as it usually is that is two or three techs doing the extractions?

Its just that if isn't Armani doing the surgey you might aswell go to someelse. But the hairline design looks good! I look forward following you growth process, we need to see more FUE results from Armani. Thank you for posting!

Baboon,

The techs do the extractions and the implantation. Armani designs the hairline and creates the angle and density of holes in your hairline (where the grafts are placed) himself. So he does the artistic part of the op as the techs(which all of Armani's 'techs' are actually doctors themselves. He uses only doctors on his staff, no techs) You are paying for his vision, design and angle of the grafts. The doctors working on me were more than qualified. They were excellent!

Ok, so he's only using doctors. Thats really good, l didn't know that. Were you informed that other doctors would the extraction process on your head? If you would like to have Dr.Armani do the whole process would that be possible?

Baboon,

Yes it is an option. For $14 a graft he will do the extractions. But 1/2 that gets you probably the same quality with a highly trained doctor that has probably done more extractions than the Doctor himself.

"I truly believe by the time I will have some serious balding (around 10 years if like dad and grandads) there will be a cure."

LOL... I hope so, for your sake. But wait, you have 15,000 available FUE grafts, right?

LOL... I hope so, for your sake. But wait, you have 15,000 available FUE grafts, right?
If you have a comment or questions I would be more than happy to give you a honest answer, but please leave the sarcasm and ridicule at the door.

OK, here's are some questions--do you believe what your doctor has to say about your donor reserves? Or were you willing to overlook the hype because of the pictures you saw of other guys on the Web? My sarcasm has a point which all of the thin-skinned Armani kids are always glossing over: why is hope and sincere belief about what you hope will happen in the future part of your master plan? More than likely you've already used up half of your donor on a head that shouldn't have been transplanted in the first place.

I don't understand why it is a case of "shouldn't have been transplanted in the first place".

Hairme clearly understands the procedure and is willing to accept the *potential*, down-the-road problems; he is placing a premium on his current and upcoming years and feels a strong desire to get the absolute most out of them and not be hampered by constantly dealing with his follicular issues....at the same time, future & long-term problems are mitigated by the very real chane that another breakthrough will occur.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!