balloon - tissue expansion for donor scars

What is the opinion of hair transplant doctors with regard to using balloons (tissue expansion) for repairing large donor scars?

It seems a lot of reputable transplant doctors don't seem to do it (Woods, NHI). But I wonder if it's because they have no experience doing it.

The only bad thing I've heard about this procedure is that you look like a freak for 2 months.

But besides that, what are the downsides? Does it always work?

It seems to me this would be a more preferrable option if successfully than grafting into the large scars which would require using limited donor hair.

I mean if surgeons like Woods are thinking "out of the box", with ideas like using chest hair for grafts, why not consider tissue expanders?

What is the opinion of hair transplant doctors with regard to using balloons (tissue expansion) for repairing large donor scars?

It seems a lot of reputable transplant doctors don't seem to do it (Woods, NHI). But I wonder if it's because they have no experience doing it.

The only bad thing I've heard about this procedure is that you look like a freak for 2 months.

But besides that, what are the downsides? Does it always work?

It seems to me this would be a more preferrable option if successfully than grafting into the large scars which would require using limited donor hair.

I mean if surgeons like Woods are thinking "out of the box", with ideas like using chest hair for grafts, why not consider tissue expanders?