Your Suggestions for Surgeons to review and potentially recommend on our Community

• Administrators

In prescreening the physicians recommended on our web community I often visit their clinics to watch them perform surgery. As patients I know it's the walk not the talk that interests you. And nothing beats visiting a clinic and seeing the physician and staff in action to verify that they are walking the talk.

I'm currently visiting hair restoration clinics in the mid Atlantic, North East and Midwest area of the US over the next few weeks.

I would appreciate your input and suggestions for hair transplant clinics that you suggest I visit.

Prior to contacting clinics I try to learn as much as possible about their reputation, results and techniques. I also search this forum for any posts regarding a particular clinic and or physician. I try to be very thorough to turn over every stone in the hope of discovering a gem in the rough.

During this preliminary research/screening process most physicians who provide hair transplant surgery simply fall short of meeting our criteria for recommendation. Many clinics lack the focus and commitment necessary to provide truly state of the art follicular unit hair restoration surgery. Often they simply lack the staff, experience, and equipment to do large and refined hair transplant sessions.

Many clinics also continue to use outdated methods and short cuts that optimize profits for the clinic, while giving the patient sub optimal results. In short, the skill, artistry, commitment and experience of surgeons and their staff vary widely, as do their results.

The main mission of this web community is to help hair loss sufferers identify safe and proven treatments and the physicians who provide them.

Please post your suggestions for physicians who you think may meet our below criteria for recommendation on this community. If they appear promising I will then do my best to contact them and arrange to visit their clinic.

To see a list of physician who have already been reviewed and are recommended on the Hair Transplant Network, click here.

Listed below is our criteria for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network and our more demanding standard for those granted membership in the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians:

Criteria for Recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network:

- Demonstrated proficiency and commitment to performing high quality follicular unit transplantation.

- Dedication to doing state of the art hair transplantation exclusively or at least as the main specialty.

- Excellent patient results demonstrating a high level of artistry and naturalness throughout.

- Excellent reputation amongst colleagues and patients.

- Considerable experience performing hundreds of successful hair transplant surgeries.

- Appropriate medical training, board certifications, honors and credentials.

- Excellent value as determined by quality and pricing taken together.

Members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physician are required to meet the following additional criteria:

- A demonstrated capability to successfully perform large sessions of ultra refined follicular unit grafting using tiny incisions and grafts that are microscopically prepared.

- Proven ability to dense pack tiny follicular unit grafts in a given area when appropriate.

- Mastery and control of the orientation and direction of the transplanted grafts.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

The next area that I will be visiting is the DC and Maryland area.

Does anyone have any opinions or suggestions regarding physicians in the DC area?

I know from this forum and private emails that there are at least a couple of surgeons in the DC area have gotten very poor reviews from their patients. So I will not be visiting their clinics.

However, does anyone have experiences or opinions regarding Dr. Gene Conti, Dr. Jamal Yousefi, Dr. Franklin Weinstein, Dr. John Kiely or Dr. William Lindsey in the DC area?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Put Dr Deyarman on your list if he isn't already.

By the way Pat - is there anyway to let more people know about this website. I think there's alot of HT shoppers who are getting fooled by the big companies commercials and getting ripped off and ripped up. I realize due to the HONESTY of the forum it may have some legal side effects, BUT this site can provide deep insight to anyone shopping around for an HT. It really hurts to hear someone new talk about how they got butchered and ripped off. I am very glad I found this website. I NEVER would have found out about my HT doctor, NEVER would have known about shock loss, NEVER would have gotten the advice and support from the people onthis forum.

I bring this up because I found this place BY ACCIDENT - I did a search on hairloss remedies and followed link after link and page after page of advertisements for this that & the other. Finally I got to the multimedia page and was attracted by the graft calculator. I'm an IT professional and avid web surfer, it took alot for me to get here. I never realized there was a forum like this on the web. Somehow - there has to be a really good way to let hairloss sufferers know this forum is here, and that it can be a big help to making the RIGHT decision.

sorry for the rant!

Shiny Side Up!!

I am trying to incorporate the use of this forum into a bill. I only found it 4 days after I was badly butchered by MHR.It took me 3 of those days to find it.Although I was not into computers at the time, it was more for the kids and e-bay, I only found h/t propoganda up to that point.If I had been able to ask questions instead of believing what a doctor had told me I would never have done it at the n/w 2 stage I was at the time.I also think alot of people do cursory research and expect the doctor to fill in the gaps instead of twist it to their advantage. I asked tons of great questions ,inluding microscopes,I was lied to on every one of them and subsequently permenently disabled. I wonder how many people this forum has saved and get a chill at how many have missed it. I am still trying to find the 16 year old girl "Dr." Magdalin did and pray for her on occasion and of course that he recieve a similar fate.One thing I would recommend that Pat also do in his screening is to assure that the doctors are educating the patient properly. As Dr. Shapiro states the work could be great ,but if it is not what the patient expected they will be unhappy. This is more important than technique.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

Originally posted by damo:

Hi there Pat from Damo down under in Australia.I know it may be a long shot but i would love for you to come down to Australia and visit Dr Martnick who did my surgery as you know and see how it works down here.

Rgds Damo

tymman,

We have recently made a great push to increase our rankings on search engines such as Google and Yahoo. As a result, many search queries will help hair loss sufferers find us easier than ever.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by Mahair:

I am trying to incorporate the use of this forum into a bill. I only found it 4 days after I was badly butchered by MHR.It took me 3 of those days to find it.Although I was not into computers at the time, it was more for the kids and e-bay, I only found h/t propoganda up to that point.If I had been able to ask questions instead of believing what a doctor had told me I would never have done it at the n/w 2 stage I was at the time.I also think alot of people do cursory research and expect the doctor to fill in the gaps instead of twist it to their advantage. I asked tons of great questions ,inluding microscopes,I was lied to on every one of them and subsequently permenently disabled. I wonder how many people this forum has saved and get a chill at how many have missed it. I am still trying to find the 16 year old girl "Dr." Magdalin did and pray for her on occasion and of course that he recieve a similar fate.One thing I would recommend that Pat also do in his screening is to assure that the doctors are educating the patient properly. As Dr. Shapiro states the work could be great ,but if it is not what the patient expected they will be unhappy. This is more important than technique.

Mahair,

Just curious: how are you trying to incorporate the use of the forum into a bill? I assume you mean the bills you are helping to have introduced in some states?

-Robert

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by tymman:

Put Dr Deyarman on your list if he isn't already.

By the way Pat - is there anyway to let more people know about this website. I think there's alot of HT shoppers who are getting fooled by the big companies commercials and getting ripped off and ripped up. I realize due to the HONESTY of the forum it may have some legal side effects, BUT this site can provide deep insight to anyone shopping around for an HT. It really hurts to hear someone new talk about how they got butchered and ripped off. I am very glad I found this website. I NEVER would have found out about my HT doctor, NEVER would have known about shock loss, NEVER would have gotten the advice and support from the people onthis forum.

I bring this up because I found this place BY ACCIDENT - I did a search on hairloss remedies and followed link after link and page after page of advertisements for this that & the other. Finally I got to the multimedia page and was attracted by the graft calculator. I'm an IT professional and avid web surfer, it took alot for me to get here. I never realized there was a forum like this on the web. Somehow - there has to be a really good way to let hairloss sufferers know this forum is here, and that it can be a big help to making the RIGHT decision.

sorry for the rant!

tymman,

Dr. James DeYarman has been a member of the Coalition of Independant Hair Restoration Physicians for some time now.

Additionally, we have recently made a great push to increase our rankings on search engines such as Google and Yahoo. As a result, many search queries will help hair loss sufferers find us easier than ever.

-Robert

Robert- I am making suggestions to provide proper patient education possible. Right now we are trying to incorporate an educational video that shows the strip exision. I am trying to work this forum into it as an educational tool.As stated before alot of prospects don't know it exists and go to the horses moulth, or in my case the horses a$$ to fill in the gaps of their research.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

• Administrators

Guys,

Thanks for your suggestions and support. We do our best on our sites to educate potential patients about the best treatments and the physicians who provide them. But this forum is really the living heart of our web community.

On here people get the real deal. On this forum people don't need to take my recommendations for physicians or anyone elses without first searching for their actual patients and researching their reputation.

None of us know ALL the top surgeons at any given time. But I am confident that we provide very solid suggestions for surgeons to consult with in most areas of North America and Europe.

We are ranked very high on Google for search terms like "hair transplant", "hair restoration" and "hair transplantation". But unfortunately not every one does enough due dillegence to go beyond just consuming the "progaganda".

We also pay to bid on over 140 hair loss related search terms to find hair loss sufferers before they "pull the trigger" before doing some hard research.

We also have an affiliate program to encourage other quality hair loss sites to refer visitors to our sites if they are considering hair transplantation.

But much more needs to be done. Unfortunately we don't have 1/20th the budget as the big chains. So collectively we are still the underdogs fighting the good fight to help people find the quiet gems in the rough.

By the way I just completed visiting clinics in North Carolina and Virginia and will be posting my findings on this forum this coming week. Next stop Balitmore, New Jersey, Philly and NY. Any suggestions for who I should visit?

Onward and upwards, Pat

P.S. Dr. Katz does good solid follicular unit hair transplantation and is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. However, since he is not providing large sessions of dense ultra refined follicular unit grafting he is not a member of the Coaliton.

My Hair Loss Blog

• Administrators

Mahair, I vote yes to the proposition that people be encouraged to slow down and visit forums, this and others, before making the commitment to doing surgery.

But short of such new laws it's "buyer beware".

I would also like to see more cooperation between Hair Loss web publishers. For example any references to this community, other than defaming comments, are banned by Farrel Manne and Spencer Kobren on their sites and forums because we are considered the "competition".

So just how interested in the patient's well being are they really when they don't want potential patient to find this community? Just what do they fear?

I don't think that such policies benefit potential patients on their sites.

I also find it unfortunate that we have been forced to limit references to Hasson and Wong on this forum due to their ongoing legal harrasment based on comments made on this forum. References to Dr. Alvi have also been restricted after his attorney contacted me and threatened to sue us if posters on our forum continued to comment on his practice of dense packing the temple areas on young patients.

Another prominent physician was removed from this community and forum when his past marketing director confirmed our suspicion that he was fabricating patient testimonials on this and other forums. This prominent physician was requiring some of his employees to actually work over time making up patient stories and posting them on the forums.

Such abuses of this and other forums along with legal harrasment and petty politics are unfortunate and only serve to waste time and resources and limit our ability to openly share beneficial information.

There is plenty that goes on behind the scenes that is down right appalling - including an active movement on the part of some surgeons to undermine support for this community.

But patients will continue to share information and critique physicians online whether certain surgeons like it or not. Hair loss sufferers will also continue to find and use this forum regardless of any censorship on other hair loss websites.

You can and do play an important role in this patient based movement by being active on this forum. But I ask you to challenge those who moderate other forums, such as Hair Loss Help.com run by Farrel Manne, to go beyond protecting their turf and allow posts which make reference to this and other constructive forums.

Attempting to control the open flow of information failed to work in the USSR and it will ultimately fail online.

For our part we will from now on welcome all who post on this forum to make reference to any useful resource if they are not doing so for commercial self interest.

To Farrel Manne and others who run hair loss educational sites and forums - tear this wall of cencorship down!

My Hair Loss Blog

Hey Pat -

I want to thank you for all of your efforts!!! I want you to know the work you've done so far has helped at least one preson make a good decision on a HT doc. I do understand there is some $$ and a lot of effort in getting this forum onthe first page of ANY search. But we need to remember what we were before got a little education from this site... We were balding... many of us didn't know about resoration - shock loss - follicular units etc.......... do a search on balding on google and you get text book definitions. do a search for baldness or MPB and you get more definitions. And by the way you get a BOSLEY link in the top three sites on almost every page related HT. YES I KNOW it takes alot of effort and maybe $$. But I really think this site SHOULD be in the tope three links on anything related to baldness. When I was searching about it, I wanted to know why it I was balding and how to fix it quick!! Most people don't want to do the same research that I did. They want it fixed now. Sorry I'm ranting again. PAT - if there's anything I can do help this site, please let me know. I feel this site saved me from a huge mistake (MHR) and could potentially do the same for others. I wouldn't mind giving something back!

Rob- I know Dr Deyarman is on this site. I thought Pat was asking for names of docs who should get a second review or better rating or something to that effect.

Shiny Side Up!!

• 3 weeks later...

Pat,

It's good your looking to broaden quality physicians to recommend. One that I think has the qualities and skills to be one of the up and comers is Dr. Lehr in OK-- he was personally selected and trained under Dr. Norwood before Norwood retired a few years ago. This would be a good one for you to check out.

• Administrators

Smoothy,

I agree that Dr. Lehr does quality follicular unit grafting (he is also very reasonably priced at $3 per graft).

He and his staff have been recommened on this site for the past three years in the state of Oklahoma.

But thanks for your input.

My Hair Loss Blog

• Administrators

Fabe and Billydett,

Thanks for your excellent suggestions. I'm now in Cleveland Ohio and I will be visiting Dr. Robert Haber tomorrow to see him and his staff in action.

Then I will drive on to Detroit to see Dr. Tessler performing surgery this Wednesday. I was in the Philly area a couple of weeks ago where Dr. Pistone is located; however, Dr. Pistone was not doing surgery while I was in his area. However, we did have an in-depth conversation about his work, technique and philosophy which gave me the overall impression that his surgery is probably impressive.

I will also be visiting Dr. Konior in Chicago at the end of this week to see his surgery.

I had outstanding visits with Dr. True, Dr. Dorin and Dr. Bernstein and I plan on posting the highlights from those visits yet this week. Seeing such excellent work and commitment to quality in their offices was really almost exhilarating.

I also saw Dr. Quatela and his staff performing surgery last Friday and I was impressed by their obvious commitment to quality. Highlights from this visit will also soon be posted on this forum.

My Hair Loss Blog

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Smoothy,

Dr. Lehr has been recommended on this site for the past three years. To view his info on the Network, click here.

My Hair Loss Blog

Speaking of other sites, they seem to be in the business of promoting a very limited set of doctors. The fact that their board members don't even know of a great doctor like Dr. Jeffrey Epstein should tell you something.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Guest sac95816

Pat,

I'd like to know more about West Coast docs, especially Cal. There really isn't much infor about docs in Cal. I've read that there aren't any good docs in this state but I find that hard to believe.

For selfish reasons, I'd like to know more about docs in Northern Cal., especially the bay area, particularly Rosanelli.

Thanks and I look forward to reading your reviews,

SAC