thailand

Guest josh - b

I considered that Doc myself, but also could find no information. I know that Dr. P. is the most popular Doc in East Asia, and I assume that that is who your current appointment is with.

The only thing I can say is that Chiang Mai is a great place to spend some time... I'm going back again next summer.

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

Guest josh - b

yea, eveything looks first rate and most of the hairline reconstructions (which is all i need for now) on his website look really good.

And yes , i do have a booking with dr path.

I would definitely consider dr suradej if i could find independent reviews on his work.

Incidentally, i sent both docs my pics and both estimated around 1500- 1800 grafts.

wow...it sure is cheap over there. Too bad, there is just not enough reviews on the work done in Thailand. I've heard that Thailand is now becoming the hot spot for cosmetic surgery. For the $7k that I spent on mine here, I could have gotten a much higher graft count and had some fun there in Thailand. If I ever consider doing some more density fill in work, I'd strongly consider getting one in Thailand, my hair line is, which is the part that requires more artistry has already been taken care of.

Guest josh - b

yea, Thailand like anywhere else has its share of top notch docs and unfortunately downright quacks !

Its pretty easy to sort the north american ones out through excellent sites like this but places like thailand require a lot more digging.

You don't want to get butchered in thailand although it seems to me getting butchered in the us will provide the you with the same legal recourse...zero !!

However dr pathomvanich is highly regarded and dr suradej as i have found out learned his craft from dr pathomvanich and has been out on his own for 6 years.

From what i've seen both use excellent methods produce excellent results.

I'm sure there are other excellent ht docs in asia but like i say, it requires a lot more digging.

Is there much of a price difference between the two docs?

I know a great cooking school in Chiang Mai, if you want to spend some time learning to make Thai food in between checkups. I also know an AWESOME 4+ star hotel for $28 a night. That's one thing you won't find in BKK.

Yeah, $7k=3300 grafts in Thailand...

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

Guest josh - b
dr suradej

dr suradej is a little cheaper but either way the price is fantastic.

Tom, whats the name of that hotel in chiang mai?

Everything up there is lot cheaper than bangkok.

U still happy with everything in regards your ht with dr path?

Maninarakorn Hotel. It's a great hotel in a pretty good location, too. You can walk to the central city AND the night market. I know a good travel agent there that can set you up with some tours as well, if you like. PM me if you want her info...

I'll be posting my 2 month pictures soon, but not much to see yet, really. I'm still happy, yes.

Even if you end up in Bangkok, you should take a trip up to Chiang Mai just for fun while you are in Thailand. There are lots of cool places to explore in Northern Thailand. Use Air Asia to fly between BKK and CNX. It's dirt cheap-- sometimes less than $15 each way.

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

By the way, if you decide to book a room at Maninarakorn Hotel, DO NOT go directly to the hotel. Book the room at ratestogo.com a couple weeks before you leave. You will get a better rate that way.

--

My Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by josh - b:

You don't want to get butchered in thailand although it seems to me getting butchered in the us will provide the you with the same legal recourse...zero !!

If its legal rights you are worried about or recourse after getting butchered by a HT doctor, US is as bad as any othe place, IMO. They will get you to sign away your rights to legal recourse anyway.

Search well in the first place. Meet patients, rather than worry whether you will be able to sue later. Sorry for the harsh words. But thats the reality.

Guest josh - b
Originally posted by Jolly:
Originally posted by josh - b:

If its legal rights you are worried about or recourse after getting butchered by a HT doctor, US is as bad as any othe place, IMO. They will get you to sign away your rights to legal recourse anyway.

Search well in the first place. Meet patients, rather than worry whether you will be able to sue later. Sorry for the harsh words. But thats the reality.

Jolly,

You're not reading my post properly. You're confirming what i said..ie if u get a bad ht it makes no differnce where in the world u get it, u have no comeback.

I'm not at all thinking about legal recourse before my first ht, i'm just giving the same good general advice to anybody new here....research your doc thoroughly.

I have, and have decided to go with dr path in feb next year with lots of confidence thanks to sites like this and wholehearted recommendations from people like tomA.

Thank god for the internet !!

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

LOL! Do you have some expertise behind that recommendation?

--

My Hair Loss Weblog