???

Andy,

Welcome to our community.

Yes, hairs can be transplanted between your existing native hairs...however, consider the following:

A person's donor supply (the sides and back of your head - where hair is taken from) is finite and must be used wisely.

You appear to have heading toward a NW6 pattern currently which means you'd most liklely need approximately 6000 grafts to give you decent coverage and to create an illusion of density. However, since you have some native hair (it's difficult to tell how much with your head shaved and from these pictures), depending on your hair characteristics, and assuming you keep this native hair, you could most likely get away with 4500 grafts.

But there are risks of shockloss that must be considered - which is especially risky if you are not on any medication (finasteride or minoxodil) to try to prevent further loss.

I recommend that you take sometime to do some research before attempting to jump into surgery.

I'd also say that you are going to have to develop some very realistic goals as you have a lot of hair loss. You may want to consult with one of our coalition doctors who will be able to help strategize a long term game plan.

DHI, by the way, doesn't have the best reputation on the public forums - unfortunately, the majority of patients who went to DHI and have posted publicly have not been pleased with their results. Please dont take just my word for it...I encourage you to use the "Find" feature of this community and do a search for DHI.

I'd recommend reading the following threads:

What should I consider when researching hair transplantation?

Hard to tell, but you kind of look young...so I recommend reading the following as well:

Am I too young for a hair transplant?

Bill

• 2 months later...

Andy,

Not sure of your age but try and save your native hair if you can. If you are young, future advances could help keep what you have so try and save what you have left.

If you plan on shaving down as close as you and are considering surgery, Then I would go with FUE not Strip. If you grow out your hair, strip is cheaper and will give you a higher yield.

Your pattern looks a lot like a very knowledgeable poster, "B-Spot" - you may want to PM him.

Whatever you do research,research,research!!!

NoBuzz

thanks nobuzz.im 25 probably going to be a 6 on the scale..you say to cricketlover to wait till he is 30?if i wait that long id say i will be completly bald and never b able to hide the ht.plus at 25 im single and would like to have a full head of hear asap? am i not being realistic.would it be possible for me to get 6000 strip grafts.thanks again

Have you tried finasteride and minoxidil?? (Propecia and Rogaine)

I would consider that first, even if you get HT you are recommended to be on finasteride months prior to your procedure - at least I was. Anyway, 6000 grafts are a lot and I would say that would take two or three sessions. The key for you is planning. You need to use those grafts wisely as they are limited.

I know you would like a full head of hair asap, (who here wouldn't?) however, Most NW 6 patients will never acheive that, the best they can hope for is the illusion of a full head of hair.

Their are some great comebacks from NW 6 on this forum: Jotronic, Bobman and Bill. They were cases who either had great donor, laxity or thick hair shafts and they had a lot of grafts done.

Big commitment if you go down that road and no guarantee to look just like them, just keep that in mind. Thier are risks, what if NW7 is in the future? It is hard to predict but it can happen, this is why waiting some is not a bad idea. It would be best for you consult with a few docs (only the most ethical ones) as to your future planning.

As for cricketlover, I said to hold off, I never said wait till 30 though. Maybe someon else suggested that. I think in the mid-late 20s you have an fairly good idea where you are heading on the scale.

NoBuzz

Guest wanthairs

Andy....

Forget DHI completely unless you want to end up locking yourself ina closet crying your eyes out and thinking of suicide after a horrible result...

There are greta coalition docs on this forum, you want to go to them,......But....

Use Nizroal shampoo, 5% rogaine and Propecia right now. Try not to smoke drink or do drugs....( may hairloss got much worse when i did these things....

i had a similar pattern of loss that you did, at your age.......I regret not taking any meds....but there was no HTN at that time to sort my life out for me.....

Stay on these meds for one year, get three consults, Your hair looks pretty good by the way, you could look great keeping it very short,,,,

Good advice above.

no doubt consult your doc about meds to keep what you have

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!