Satisfied with Dr. Beehner

• Administrators

Note - This message was recopied by Pat the editor from the original discussion group to this vastly improved online community.

The name of orginal poster and the date posted are listed below:

Date: 6/26/01

Time: 11:30:04 PM

Remote Name: 24.25.131.49

Comments

I have had three sessions with Dr. Beehner (April 2000, September 2000 and May 2001) and I have been completely satisfied with his work and my results.

I am in my late 30's and have been struggling with hair loss for about 15 years. I first tried "spray on" hair in the early 90's. I then went with a "hair system" back in 1993. I continued to wear a hairpiece until 1998. I grew tired of the maintenance and the shoddy appearance, not to mention expense. I then started Propecia/Minoxidil with very minimal results (I didn't lose any additional hair) and continued until I had my first transplant in April of 2000.

I first went to a consultation session with Dr. Beehner and found him to be a very knowledgeable and pleasant man. He was not a salesman. He presented the facts in a straight forward manner and he let me make the decision whether or not to pursue a HT. No pressure! I had been through the salesman act before and I was armed with questions I had prepared through extensive research on the subject.

One important thing to note about my consultation is that I learned that a guy I work with every day, that I did not know had a HT, was a patient of Dr. Beehner's a few years back. It wasn't until I recognized his picture in one of the before and after shots that I knew he had hairtransplants. Let's talk straight here - bald(ing) men take note of other men's hair. If something "funny" was going on with my co-worker's head, I think I would have noticed in the previous two years that I worked with him. After I confronted him that I saw his before and after shots, It was then that I had my first "eyes on" contact with a transplant recipient. I took a very up close look and talked in depth with him. It was then that I made my decision to have Dr. Beehner perform my HT.

Since my HTs I have not had one single person say that anything looks unusual. They say "are you growing more hair or something?" I say "yeah, those new pills on the market are really something." It has been my experience that gradual hair replacement is better. First, over 95% of my grafts took and are growing hair. Second, people did not notice the new hair growth because it was gradual. In fact, besides my mother and father, no one in my family knows about my HTs. The have only commented that I am growing hair. And believe me, with my family, if it looked fake or unnatural they would surely let me know, as they did with my hairpieces.

I do not have any scarring on the transplant area. My donor area has only a thin line scar that I know is there but has not yet been detected by any hair dresser/barber(and I don't go to the same one all the time.)

I would recommend his services and the services of his staff to anyone. I apologize for being long winded, but felt that I should respond for those who are trying to decide what and who as I had to.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

Note - This message was recopied by Pat the editor from the original discussion group to this vastly improved online community.

The name of orginal poster and the date posted are listed below:

Date: 6/26/01

Time: 11:30:04 PM

Remote Name: 24.25.131.49

Comments

I have had three sessions with Dr. Beehner (April 2000, September 2000 and May 2001) and I have been completely satisfied with his work and my results.

I am in my late 30's and have been struggling with hair loss for about 15 years. I first tried "spray on" hair in the early 90's. I then went with a "hair system" back in 1993. I continued to wear a hairpiece until 1998. I grew tired of the maintenance and the shoddy appearance, not to mention expense. I then started Propecia/Minoxidil with very minimal results (I didn't lose any additional hair) and continued until I had my first transplant in April of 2000.

I first went to a consultation session with Dr. Beehner and found him to be a very knowledgeable and pleasant man. He was not a salesman. He presented the facts in a straight forward manner and he let me make the decision whether or not to pursue a HT. No pressure! I had been through the salesman act before and I was armed with questions I had prepared through extensive research on the subject.

One important thing to note about my consultation is that I learned that a guy I work with every day, that I did not know had a HT, was a patient of Dr. Beehner's a few years back. It wasn't until I recognized his picture in one of the before and after shots that I knew he had hairtransplants. Let's talk straight here - bald(ing) men take note of other men's hair. If something "funny" was going on with my co-worker's head, I think I would have noticed in the previous two years that I worked with him. After I confronted him that I saw his before and after shots, It was then that I had my first "eyes on" contact with a transplant recipient. I took a very up close look and talked in depth with him. It was then that I made my decision to have Dr. Beehner perform my HT.

Since my HTs I have not had one single person say that anything looks unusual. They say "are you growing more hair or something?" I say "yeah, those new pills on the market are really something." It has been my experience that gradual hair replacement is better. First, over 95% of my grafts took and are growing hair. Second, people did not notice the new hair growth because it was gradual. In fact, besides my mother and father, no one in my family knows about my HTs. The have only commented that I am growing hair. And believe me, with my family, if it looked fake or unnatural they would surely let me know, as they did with my hairpieces.

I do not have any scarring on the transplant area. My donor area has only a thin line scar that I know is there but has not yet been detected by any hair dresser/barber(and I don't go to the same one all the time.)

I would recommend his services and the services of his staff to anyone. I apologize for being long winded, but felt that I should respond for those who are trying to decide what and who as I had to.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.