I'm looking for some hair loss drug feedback

Robert_

Robert,

I saw your photo you posted from a few yrs back. Are you still using the same regimen? Are the results consistent?

I am also aware of the fact that meds eventually lose their effectiveness. Being that you using the strongest DHT blocker, what will you do if you notice that avodart (dutasteride) has lost its effectiveness? Will you increase your dosage? How much longer do you think dutasteride will consistently benifit you? Is it possible that you post a recent photo of your hair for comparison of the old one you posted on this thread?

I am particularly in favour of dutasteride for my vertex and crown regions, however I fear that if the drug loses its effect, I will be out of options. I'd like to thicken up the vertex and crown and maintain it for 10-15 yrs.

Feedback appreciated. thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey now a days technology is going to be changed very speedily . There are so many solutions relate less hair fall treatment and to grow the hair.Hair transplant is one of them and i do not think one should go for perticular drug without any doctor's permission who have given the results in past. So go properly after analysis.

Many doctors don't know jacksh*t about hairloss. You can go to your doc with a NW5 head and he'll still not prescribe a drug for your hairloss.

Don't get me wrong, some do prescribe propecia, but the docs I've been to are dumber than you think. I always wind up explaining hairloss factors to them, treatments, etc.

Forums like this one are sometimes taken for granted. There is a VAST amount of knowledge here on hairloss that we've learned from that would make us experts over many docs any day.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Well Many commonly prescribed prescription drugs can cause temporary hair loss, trigger the onset of male and female pattern baldness, and even cause permanent hair loss. Note that the drugs listed here do not include those used in chemotherapy and radiation for cancer treatment.

(promotional link removed)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I just use 5% Minoxidil, have been using daily for getting on a year? now.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>Effects:

<LI>Shedding from 3wks for about 3-4wks

<LI>Grown back all shed hair by about 5 months

<LI>Stopped excessive hair loss & recession, my hair is stable

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>Bad Effects

<LI>Mild itching scalp

<LI>Dandruff-controlled with assorted anti-dandruff shampoos!

<LI>Can't add up how much I've spent on it without weeping

I also take multivitamins, just general really because I only ever make 4-5 out of my "5-a-day", it isn't as good I know but I'm busy... and useless lol

Hello all.

I'm going on 24 this fall. I first noticed my hair loss 2 years ago, when i was almost 22. I did not do anything about it until november last year.

• Rogaine 5% once daily + Nizoral 2% 3 x Week - from november 2008 to april 2009 - NO results. My hail loss was progressing at the same rate as far as i could tell. I gave up on Rogain because of no results and also because of high costs (it's not in pharmacies in Romania)

• Propecia 0.3 mg 1 x day - for 3 months now and NO results. I would increase the dose by i can't afford it yet. I shall increase it to 0.5mg starting August.

I worried because my hair loss has not even been slowed down let alone stopped! Any advice is more than welcome

Thanks in advance.

• 4 months later...

Finpecia is a product for men that can prevent further hairloss and increase hair growth. The active ingredient Finasteride, blocks the formation of DHT (one of the male hormones that causes hairloss), and gives the hair follicles a chance to recover and grow.

• 3 months later...

I have been taking avodart for 4 months with no side effects. I documented the entire process on my blog.

I cover every part of my experience from how I ordered it and how it is effecting my hair loss.

I would say the greatest benefit so far is that it has completely stopped my hairloss (with an exception of one recent "shed")

I would also say that about 10 - 20% of the hair that I lost has grown back. Mainly in my hair line area, but some recently in the crown. Not bad for 4 months in.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Crashul:

Hello all.

I'm going on 24 this fall. I first noticed my hair loss 2 years ago, when i was almost 22. I did not do anything about it until november last year.

• Rogaine 5% once daily + Nizoral 2% 3 x Week - from november 2008 to april 2009 - NO results. My hail loss was progressing at the same rate as far as i could tell. I gave up on Rogain because of no results and also because of high costs (it's not in pharmacies in Romania)

• Propecia 0.3 mg 1 x day - for 3 months now and NO results. I would increase the dose by i can't afford it yet. I shall increase it to 0.5mg starting August.

I worried because my hair loss has not even been slowed down let alone stopped! Any advice is more than welcome

Thanks in advance.

Hey man,

Same here, I was very worried about the price of hair loss regimens. If I were you, and treating hair loss was important to you, I would divert all of my extra cash to hair loss products such as Rogaine and Propecia. I'm not saying divert funds from necessary items such as food and shelter-- but any extra cash you use for entertainment or games, save and buy hair loss drugs. Don't eat out and buy hair loss drugs. It might seem like a lot of monetary commitment-- but would you rather take a chance at a product that is around 80-90% effective, or save some money and do nothing about hair loss?

Best of luck to you.

• 2 weeks later...

The earlier you use propecia, the more hair you will have in the long-term. If you keep debating this and keep wondering about the side effects, your hair will be gone and you will have nothing but all the time in the world to think about what would have happened if you had used propecia.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys:

Switched from propecia to DUT every 3 days and procerin everyday. It's sad however Propecia worked quite well however the side effects kicked in after 3 and a half months. I'm hoping the saw palmetto in the procerin can surpress a little dht and the long half life of DUT will carry over to halt the loss.

I've read of a few guys on another form that were able to get their hands on RU and they mentioned it worked quite well however that stuff has not even been cleared for human use.

Anyone else tried .5mg of avodart every three days? Any success? I'm 25yrs old and just a bit scared of the side effect