In Search of

Thanks for an informative look at this very important topic. A couple of questions and observations:

How long does it take for the scabbing and redness to go away? I'd like to be as descrete as possible and schedule some time away from the office for the healing process but not sure how long it takes.

Thusfar, I've seen positive comments and research on Dr. Shapiro, Dr. Bauman, and possibly Dr. Jack Fisher in Nashville.

As you can see, I'm taking this very seriously and want the most natural result with the most caring physician - Any advice?

Thanks for an informative look at this very important topic. A couple of questions and observations:

How long does it take for the scabbing and redness to go away? I'd like to be as descrete as possible and schedule some time away from the office for the healing process but not sure how long it takes.

Thusfar, I've seen positive comments and research on Dr. Shapiro, Dr. Bauman, and possibly Dr. Jack Fisher in Nashville.

As you can see, I'm taking this very seriously and want the most natural result with the most caring physician - Any advice?

Artiste... your question has recently been discussed here http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f...6060861/m/2761082261

most of the Ht veterens agree that the redness and scabbing should be minimally visible at or around 14 days. However, the debate is whether or not at 14 days plus is there still visible evidence of an Ht. I believe there is until your hair really begins to grow. But for what it is worth I seem to be very analytical and have set high criteria for undetectability. If only one out of hundred or even one out of a thousand notices it is not undetectable.

If woman don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy -Steve Smith 'The Red Green Show'

Bonzo, I'll check out Keene and try to make it to Phoenix in Feb to play golf.

Zerro, I'm in agreement and also somewhat analytical, thus will try and find the Physician that looks to provide the most natural look and can provide a good sampling of pictures to evaluate the healing process. I don't mind the shedding to where I am now before the growth starts - that would be perfect if the shedding and healing took 2 weeks, went back to the office looking like I did when I left and then let the growth begin. Doesn't seem realistic but I keep looking for the next best thing.

A lot of your answer will depend on your own personal situation... Do you have fair skin? Are you grafting into a big hairless area? Are you healthy and a fast healer? Do you have hair you can comb over the areas that get grafted?

Heres another issue:

It can take a few weeks to have the grafts go dormant. After the scabs fall off around day 10 (more or less) you have a bunch of stubble on your head. The stubble sticks around for a few weeks or maybe more. Then your grafted hair goes into a dormant stage... the grafted hair falls out, and then it seems like nothing is happening for about 3 months. Then the dormant stage gradually ends and slowly the new hairs begin to emerge, growing at the normal rate (half-inch per month).

Now will anyone notice that? It all depends.

In general, if you are absolutely determined that nobody should ever know that you got a hair transplant, then you probably shouldn't get one. There's no guarantee that nobody will be able to tell (people's results vary). Hair transplants can look good or even excellent when done by the right doctors however they are not perfect, and some are less perfect than others. If you are dead set on keeping this a secret from everybody in the world except you and the doctor, that's not very realistic.

Arfy, thanks for the information - but you must not have read my last sentence. I will get a HT but will do everything in my power to make sure it's the right Doc.