How many FU's per sq. cm is best?

You want 50 hairs per centimeter. That's a good amount. Some will say that less is ok if your hair is thick and is blonde - I don't think this is the case.

Here is why: Most people have 200 hairs per centimeter before they start to lose their hair. That works out to about 1000 grafts in HT terms.

Now, you can still have the appearance of a full head of hair at 100 hairs per centimeter (50 grafts), even though you may have lost a great deal of hair (50%). 100 hairs works out to 50 grafts because most people have 2 hairs per graft (50 grafts =100 hairs).

Anything less than 50 grafts (100 hair) per centimeter and you won't have a "full" look. Keep in mind that this will only give the appearance of a "full" head of hair - you can never recreate what once was.

There is an issue on dense packing between Dr's. But I suspect that it comes down to not knowing the technique. Just remember to ask your Dr. how many grafts will be needed to acheive 100 hairs per centimeter, and I think you will be happy with the results. Anything less, you you run the risk of "see through" hair.

Also, there are some doctors who think that you should go less and try to acheive say 25 grafts per centimeter. But if you look through this board, you will find that most patients who end up with 25 or less grafts per session always go back for another to acheive 50, which ='s the 100 hairs per centimeter.

Why not just do it in one pass.

Hope this helped.