PDM68 --After Pics

pdm68

Here are some pics --Man there hard to take yourself ---Anyway here goes --- Anyway I would consider myself a nw5 --I had an unknown amount of mini - micro grafts when I was 22 years old by Dr.Ivan Cohen ( The Before Pic ) ---Anyway it wasan't many grafts as you can tell even tough my hair loss increased since. I came upon this site and read about Follicular Units and read and about all of the recommended docs they had online. To be totally honest I chose Dr.Limmer because of his pricing schedule. I understood that he utilized the stick and place method and that a tech would do most of the work.I had my session on 2/11/02 --I flew from Hartford to San Antonio and met the next morning with Dr.Limmer. He is a very nice man and explained and answered any question that I asked. As I stated Dr.Limmer's planters as there called did most of the work. Dr.Limmer was in and out of the room and withing speaking distance 95% of the procedure. He even gave me a ride back to my hotel when the shuttle tried to pick me up at the wrong entrance. All in all it was a good experience at the time.I had about 1500-1550 FU's placed.I also started propecia the same day and have been on it since.

Now since hindsite is 20/20 I would have chosen to have a bigger session done. Being Norwood 5 and needing at least 4000-5000 fu's to mask my hair loss I would have chosen a bigger session.

I am a prison guard for the state of CT and my income depends on overtime --I didn't at the time have 8K to shell out --- I am now looking to possibly use Hasson&Wong for my next session.I really like the way they design there hairlines and if I am going to shell out this much money I want to look the best I possibly could.

[This message was edited by pdm68 on February 06, 2003 at 08:32 AM.]

after_pdm68.jpg.2f59a50ef0dbf2c13f834572c55d592e.jpg

Here are some pics --Man there hard to take yourself ---Anyway here goes --- Anyway I would consider myself a nw5 --I had an unknown amount of mini - micro grafts when I was 22 years old by Dr.Ivan Cohen ( The Before Pic ) ---Anyway it wasan't many grafts as you can tell even tough my hair loss increased since. I came upon this site and read about Follicular Units and read and about all of the recommended docs they had online. To be totally honest I chose Dr.Limmer because of his pricing schedule. I understood that he utilized the stick and place method and that a tech would do most of the work.I had my session on 2/11/02 --I flew from Hartford to San Antonio and met the next morning with Dr.Limmer. He is a very nice man and explained and answered any question that I asked. As I stated Dr.Limmer's planters as there called did most of the work. Dr.Limmer was in and out of the room and withing speaking distance 95% of the procedure. He even gave me a ride back to my hotel when the shuttle tried to pick me up at the wrong entrance. All in all it was a good experience at the time.I had about 1500-1550 FU's placed.I also started propecia the same day and have been on it since.

Now since hindsite is 20/20 I would have chosen to have a bigger session done. Being Norwood 5 and needing at least 4000-5000 fu's to mask my hair loss I would have chosen a bigger session.

I am a prison guard for the state of CT and my income depends on overtime --I didn't at the time have 8K to shell out --- I am now looking to possibly use Hasson&Wong for my next session.I really like the way they design there hairlines and if I am going to shell out this much money I want to look the best I possibly could.

[This message was edited by pdm68 on February 06, 2003 at 08:32 AM.]

PDM,

I think you hit the nail on the head..with grafts needs, I hear of guys going in for sessions of 750 grafts ?...this is fine if you only need a very slight touch-up.

However a NW3 or worse needs at least 2000 Fu's or more ! to make a noticable improvement, best case is Jotronic, 2 sessions of 2400 will put him in a "very improved" and looking far better category. Fu's look great and natural, but they do not go as far as most assume. If you skimp too far, you get "see-through" hair. BTW your grafts from Dr Limmer do look real nice, just time for a bigger harvest !

PDM

Good Luck !!

NW

You need to have 50 grafts per centimeter (100 hairs per centimeter)to give the appearance of a "full" look. Just ask your doc for that amont and you will be fine and can estimate the number of grafts you need. It's simple and follows the 50 50 rule.

"Your only a top Doctor when you offer the MOST advanced technique available" - THE REAL TOP DOCTORS TO DATE ON PATS LIST: 3 - PRO FUE!

Here is the best price you will find for Propecia: $44.99 for a year's worth.

http://www.dru-online.com/

or

http://www.generics-online-pharmacy.com/ProductList.htm

39.40 for 8 months

not everyone needs 50 grafts per centimeter. Dr. Bernstein himself on this forum has said he never goes over 25 per. It will depend on the quality of the hair and the thickness, and Dr. B. is known to be conservative and give a "thin"appearance. It would be nice if you went into a doc's office and he had a couple of dolls heads, each one with a certain amount of coverage on the scalp,(assuming shiny bald) one representing a 25 per centimeter procedure, one 35 per, one 50 per. Have brought up this topic many times and got a few responses, but not enough...

• Administrators

PDM,

The dense packing of 40 plus FU per SQ sm is all the rage these days. And at these densities patients with typcial hair characteristics can achieve the appearance of fullness after "one pass".

This was not the case when I did my procedures. I needed to go back into the area first transplanted to achieve a the acceptable level of density. This is still true with most surgeons doing FUTs. Apparently this is your situation as well.

Best wishes, Pat

Sharing our ideas and photos is what keeps this site real. Please participate by posting and replying.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

also pat, do you find this guys results acceptable? To me he looks thinner than before. Possibly shock fallout????? Lets take agent x208 for example, he was able to significantly lower his hairline and thicken by from what i can see about 40-50%. This is the problem i have w/ my last doc, not completely dissatisfied w/ the work, but did not get nearly the coverage as was advertised. I mentioned this on another post, all respectable docs should have a couple of full size dolls heads w/ some hair jackhammered into the heads w/ different levels of density. one representing lets say 20 grafts per square centimeter, another at 30, another at 40 and 50. This would clear up many issues for potential patients, and you would have less people saying damn, wish i found this site sooner. To date we have no grown in pictures of all these examples on this site or any other, amybe we should. To me, the Limmers did this guy an injustice, and need a talking to(not by me though, LOL)

I think it's important to note that Dr. Bernstein does not do more than 25 grafts per centimeter because he is VERY conservative, a little too conservative in my opinion.

Many doctors have debated this issue and I have to agree that it's best too dense pack. When you get 50+ grafts per centimeter you are following the 50-50 rule (a person will lose half of his hair before he notices he is thining). Of course you are right: hair color and other factors do count.

Me: i'm blone and light skinned. At 50 hairs per centimeter, i'll have the appearance of a very full head of hair, even at 40 hairs per centimeter i would. Just one of the luck ones i guess.

"Your only a top Doctor when you offer the MOST advanced technique available" - THE REAL TOP DOCTORS TO DATE ON PATS LIST: 3 - PRO FUE!

Here is the best price you will find for Propecia: $44.99 for a year's worth.

http://www.dru-online.com/

or

http://www.generics-online-pharmacy.com/ProductList.htm

39.40 for 8 months