something to consider

I am 20 years old and have had hair loss for 2 years. It was held at bay for awhile with Kevitz, and completely stopped until last summer, and now has picked up considerably. Probably between a 1 and 2. I have extremely low self esteem - but also do not want the embarrassment of fellow college students to know I have had transplants. Can they be placed around existing hairline to thicken the area? What about donor areas for later in life should it be needed?

Can someone recommend a GREAT - not GOOD doctor in the Orange County CA area?

If I have HT now, how long will it take to fill in the lost hairline. I don't need much now, but will soon I am afraid.

Thanks

I am 20 years old and have had hair loss for 2 years. It was held at bay for awhile with Kevitz, and completely stopped until last summer, and now has picked up considerably. Probably between a 1 and 2. I have extremely low self esteem - but also do not want the embarrassment of fellow college students to know I have had transplants. Can they be placed around existing hairline to thicken the area? What about donor areas for later in life should it be needed?

Can someone recommend a GREAT - not GOOD doctor in the Orange County CA area?

If I have HT now, how long will it take to fill in the lost hairline. I don't need much now, but will soon I am afraid.

Thanks

This is what i thought.But if you fill around hairs it might cause your existing hair to fall out and possibly not return. Also if you start you might end up chasing you hairline with more procedures when the other hair falls out.If you are concerned about people finding out you definately don't want to get into this as you will probably end up forever trying to disguise your transplants. think long and hard about this you dont want to rush into something that will be with you FOREVER and possibly not in a good way. Also the scar on the back of your head is no prize either.You are young and want hair to be perfect but a transplant is not a cure for going bald. And stay the heck away from MHR they havefooled many a poor soul into a world of regret.They would take someone like you help you finance it butcher you and hang you out to dry.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

Notsure-

If I were in your shoes I would start taking propecia immediately. Everybody is different, but it seems that alot of people who have transplants at 20 years old are sorry that they did it later. Either way, propecia is probably something you'll want to look into, because in most cases it will help stop the hair loss.

Foxlox

I'll tell you what - I may have really started losing it when I was like 26, but I would ABSOLUTELY wish that a transplant now would give me what I had then!!! Hell, sometimes I wish I had now what I had a year ago!

Try the meds and read the forums for a year. I think at the very LEAST, you're going to have to learn to live with the meds if you gonna get a plant. Go see a doctor after a year of meds and armed with some free knowledge from here.

I haven't had my plant yet, but I definatley would have done what I said above at the very least. Good luck dude!

Chaos, panic and disorder...my work here is done.

Chaos, panic and disorder...my work here is done.

I just gotta add my 2 cents.

Bosley's #1 Butcher Mill is in S. Calif.

Do not under any circumstance go there. They will start cutting into your scalp at 18, if they can talk you into it.

Also avoid Dr. Paul Straub, I personally was butchered by him at age 25.

Thanks - agree haste is not the best solution. Does anyone know anything about Dutasteride??

Supposed to be better than propecia? What about growth stimulants - understand rogain is not for people with sensitive skin...any recommendations there?