HT LIMITING HAIR STYLES?

One thing I started thinking about was this; if some of you think that the "anchorman" ( I love that, Will Ferrel!!!) is all too common because one has had a hair transplant, what is it that defines an anchorman doo? A part to the left or right? Well, what else is there? A brush back, a brush forward and a spiked doo.

When I think about it, some form of anchorman is pretty common, even among those that have more hair than any of us members combined. Anyone know who Patrick Dempsey is? He seems to be sporting an anchorman in this photo...

Patrick_Dempsey.jpg

Of course, his looks a little different but think about it, this kind of doo is pretty common. It's not so much a combover as letting hair fall naturally in relation to the natural part. Having grafts placed in a natural fashion allows for this behavior and this style even if we "grafties" don't have as much volume as Patrick.

Just a thought.

NGTGB,

Sometimes, coming to see for yourself is the right thing to do so give me a call at the office and we'll set something up. We'll go out and hit the town too if you like. Vancouver is a great place and you might even see your girl up here. She comes here a loticon_smile.gif I'll take you to some of her known hangouts. Just don't embarrass me by stealing any of the chairs you think she sat in!!!

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm catching this thread a little late but wanted to put in my $.02....

Back on the first thread..........Joe's pics, IMO, tell it all. Joe's had around 8000 grafts and was NW 6. If he styles his hair forward or to the side, you'll see his crown is a little thin, but I think the styles look great.

I was a diffused NW 5 before any HT's, have about 5000 grafts, and I'm very satisfied with the different styles I can now wear. I'm the same as Joe in that I had huge crown loss, so, if I style my hair forward, you can see the crown is a little thin..............but it isn't bald by any means nor is it bad enough that anyone really notices, as a matter of fact I'm sure most pay zero attention to that.

I was so obsessed with covering my crown when my HT grew in at first that I did what many HT recipients do.........comb it straight back, and if I do with about 1 1/2 - 2" length, I'm totally covered. However, as I've done some experimenting, I like my hair styled forward, or maybe a bit messed up, so now I worry less about having the crown be a little thin............at least it's covered and I have no bald spot.

I've even noticed guys that haven't had HT's before and either have massive temple rescission, or a little thinning in the crown, or whatever...............and they style the hair right and I think "Holy Sh#t, that's a cool style.......I'm gonna have to try it".

So, IMO, even with not the best density or coverage, if you have some hair to style and style it right, it can look pretty damn good. Experiment a little or go to a stylist and get some ideas.............I did some looking around at a couple of sites once and it didn't take me too long to see why different facial structures need different styles to compliment their looks.

Oh...........and by the way, YES, if I could have Patrick Demsey's hair I'd take it in a heartbeat!! icon_cool.gif

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Ng2gb,

Holy shit man this thread exploded while I was at work for the last day! Anyways if you get post HT people to get pics on a thread with different hair styles then I will be the first to vouche my nomination for you, for thread or topic of the year (if that even exists). Like I stated before I tried to get some feed back on this topic a while back but with no luck.

Oh bye the way, I am one disturbing individual when it comes to women, trust me thats my downfall, but what the %$@!. You have some issues my friend but I guess thats why I understand and relate to your threads, I'm on that same boat! By the way this is my baby!!!

Carmella_Beautiful.jpg.a62f11f6c3a13f7dc7a4d1fda51773a0.jpg

You only live once...

Jotrnoic,

at first I thought Patrick Dempsey was a picture of you taken with a "flash" to demonstrate how misleading it can be! Too funny...I guess the difference in his case is that he has so much hair, thick and dense with full body that he can still have the front pushed up a bit and doesn't really look like it lays flat on his sclp and just combed over to the side. He's got a damn great head of hair.

Does Alba really go up there? Ill leave tonight!...

Something I never considered, but won't I lose some bucks with the exchange rate on the ht?

Any chance you can get your ht guys to throw putty in their hair and style their mops for us? You guys should make a calender for us hair geeks. You could do the "Blue-Steel" or "Magnum" look, Zoolander anyone? They should feel happy that so many of us want to see their mops, they can consider themselves hair celebrities. Any chance on that one?

Or for any of you pos-plants out there? Willing to show us your mop with some styles?

zoolander_blog240x303.jpg.2c0be8ff1d864e3edbb2837fdeba50bf.jpg

Ng2g,

"issues" yes issues, but I guess that a good thing you keep people on their toes... Real nice psycho pic!

Jotronic,

If you can have your guys change up their hair styles like ng2gb said that would be awesome!

You only live once...

Can any one else who has already had a ht, tell us some more about your styling options and or limitations? Im bumping this because I know there are a lot of you out there who have had a ht, and would just like to hear about the styling options. Like as in are you happy with the density or is it only favorable with an anchor man do? just combed forward? or what?...c'mon I know your out there...

zy036.jpg.e393bccec1528c369c9d1bd9d03a07de.jpg

dhoose,

thanks. So your in no way limited to having to do that anchor man do? How does it look if you try and spike it up?

I don't know why no one else who has had a ht can't let me know? Are you limited in styling your hair or do you now have more options then before?...please don't say "yeah now I have hair"...

Ive been looking through some of the photos of ht, and sometimes I wonder if a lot of the styling "issues" or lack there of just boils down to age. a younger patient might be 10x more appealable to a younger prospective patient,just based off of the way they are styling their hair...

Jessica-Alba-177.JPG.e3479748a38886edbca490c9bb29e7a5.JPG

dhoose,

(the crowd ROARRSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! A STANDING OVATION TO DHOOSE!!!!!!!!)

Thanks man. Looks good. So, your definetally not limited to the anchor man look then. I actually push my hair forward too (with the front up) as this is pretty much my ONLY styling option. Do you have other styling options as well? What were your stats on surgery: age. NW level, grafts, doc, ect.. I tried to find it but you have quite a bit of posts and didn't want to dig through them.

I don't know why only a couple of guys have been willing to share this info? Even if you don't want to share a pic, then could you just TALK about styling options and what can be expected?

"...vaccumme me. Im a dirty girl."

Jessica-Alba-217.JPG.8c9ab5d778f966fca9c01af0ed5769df.JPG

hey ng2gb,

i am 32; been on propecia for 6 years; norwood 3; have had 2600 grafts total; went to mhr originally but then found this site and Dr. Aronvitz did 1000 grafts to refine it and add more density; I usually leave it around this length, about an inch on top because it helps with the illusion of density; also push the front up; the surf hair also helps with the illusion of density; I know i could never do a short cut with clippers because the density isn't there; when my hair gets too long it looks thin cause i have fine hair;

thanks dhoose,

very helpful. are you able to kinda spike it up, or does the scalp show too much?

Its hard for me to make a decision regarding a ht because Im a diffuse thinner and I don't know what kind of styling options can be expected. For example, my hair really only looks good pretty short given my loss and the hair on the sides looks like pubes' when they get a little longer so Im wondering if I would have to wear it long if I have a transplant because of the scar; hence all of this curiosity...

thanks a lot for your input and I hope others follow suit.

damn. thats gotta be one happy bucket.

Jessica-Alba-206.JPG.8123ebea0fc27a4c3ba9b7edddebe8c0.JPG

ng2gb,

I can kind of spike it up, but I have to strategically work with it a little in the front to get it to look how I want wo too much scalp showing through; where someone with no hairloss would not have to put as much effort to get it to look right cause the density makes it good regardless for them.

ng2gb,

I definitely feel better now then I did before the ht's; I wish I would have done it a little more efficiently by finding a coalition doc first; mhr didn't butcher me, but I was not happy with the results from them; it was a little pluggy I thought and not as dense as they said; but at the end of the day, I feel more confident then I did before my surgeries.

thats definetelly a good thing. was the second doc you went too a coalition doc? never heard of him. could you have done more grafts if you wanted? I really appreciate your input and candidness here...

only wish I could here more of it from others who have undergone surgery...waiting.

gocha!

albawild.jpg.ae78247120249e5c7e11695e58444243.jpg

the second doc is a coaltion doc on this site; dr. aronovitz; I have a very tight scalp so I was limited on the amount of grafts; also I didn't need a large session, just some refinement and density; overall even before my ht's my hairloss was not extensive.

I guess i have never tried to see; I usually just get a scissor cut cause I like my hair aroud an inch in length, just as in the pic. so to be honest I am not sure; to me the scar is really a non issue; at least at this stage in my life and with my current hairloss;