HT LIMITING HAIR STYLES?

I am one sick bastard AND I want the field of dreams on my head (hair)...Sorry to hear you cant make the convention. Now, back to my qestions: what are those techniques you were referring to? Can you explain them for me?

And last but not least, actually most important: how do I get my baby Albas' pics up so everyone can enjoy?

Joe, I have an apple and I dont see any mountains...not working, thanks though...I guess I need someone to hold my hand and walk me through this shit...

By the way, whatever happened to Wanthairs? I never see his posts. I miss that guy. He was funny.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and to answer your previous questions...

1.) Regarding Shuffle, to be fair and clear, he already had 400 minis and 2600 from FUE. I can say that not all of this grew well for him as I think is obvious from his photos. While I can't say how much of an impact it had on his overall results it is necessary to remind you of this. I think he has close to 9000 to 9500 growing grafts in all if I were to guess. I think this may be one reason why his results look so good but to be honest I can't really offer up any other explanations. I his case simply reiterates the fact that no one should go into this procedure thinking they'll look anything like someone they've seen in photos, video or even in person. His results came in the way they were supposed to for him and him alone. Yours, should you have the procedure, will come in as they are supposed to for you.

I think you should get Shuffle out of your noggin. He's had more than one surgery although it obviously stands to reason that his procedure with us was the more positive of his procedures and what truly put him where he is now.

2.) Preventing thin scalp from standing out very much is indeed one of the major benefits of having low contrast between scalp and hair color. A NW4 with 3500 grafts may look fuller with a low contrast as compared to someone else with high contrast. This also affects how natural a result can be. If someone has really dark and coarse hair with a pale or fair complexion then the hairline may stand out a bit more than the next guy. There are ways around this though as seen in the photos of the one patient you posted that had 7180 in one session.

Let me know if you have more questions.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Weighting--they stack a larger number of grafts in a certain region to help aid in more density/coverage. Ex. If someone parts their hair from left to right, they might put more grafts on the left side so that when he combs to the right, it allows for more coverage and a denser look.

Layering/shingling- the grafts are placed in a specific manner so that when matured they fall in a way that provides an overlap and more coverage.

These definitions ofcourse are off the top of my head and done quickly.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

An apple??? Are you using an Apple with Safari as your browser? That's the only thing I can think of since I run windows and know a thing or two about the two browsers I mentioned. I wouldn't think it would be different though because the image is set on the site, not the browser itself. I have no idea where you would see an apple so perhaps you should PM Bill to see if he can help you out. I know he's a computer whiz so he should be able to walk you through it.

Are you going to the post with the image file then clicking the bottom right hand icon of that particular post? The icon to edit should have what looks like a small pencil eraser on it.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Joe,

yeah Shuffles' web page says he had a total of about 7,800 grafts. I guess I should get the OCD thing outa my head. Do you guys actually measure the thickness of donor hair to give somewhat of an idea what to expect or is it just kind of an overall eye ball?

NN,

regarding "weighting": I personally think thats nuts! I can't believe docs do that. So, what if MR.T went in during the 80's and said..."Look, fool! This is how I wear my hair. Put 10K grafts in my mohawk and no where else!!!"...Who is to say they will have the same hair style later?

More Alba...these are her true "assets"...

images-1.jpeg.0cbd214f299214240ed9e78f6820d1c8.jpeg

With weighting--you had better choose and be comfortable with a certain hairstyle because your options will be definitely limited afterwards. Sometimes it is not just a matter of a crazy doc, but the best alternative for an individual with limited donor. I have seen some of the best surgeons be forced to choose this approach to optimize results for the patient.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Jotronic,

I suspect NO ONE expects you to remember all of your patients graft count totals, by any means. Your an outstanding counceler, a stand-up guy, and have proven to be just an additional reason why I want to go to H&W. I've seen your postings on other hair loss sites. Man, those other sites seem to be upside down regarding philosophy (i.e. Armani maniacs, not too many legitimate posters, etc...) how do you feel about them? Maybe that is too much of a political question for you to answer and I RETRACT for all intensive purposes unless you feel comfterable answering....

don't forget to click on yet another Alba...Mmmm I need her in my lap.

5393593_gal.jpg.e5c058e6832accf55d10511ebafce0dc.jpg

I know...sorry, but she is so damn seXXXy...

We were discussing the possible limitations of hair styling options after a hair transplant. Sorry, maybe I should not post those geourgous pics, cuz I too am distracted. But FUCK! Mmmmm....just wanted to share my appreciation of Alba with some other guys...

back to topic at hand.

sigh....yes, it is nice to share more than just our appreciation of hair on this site. Sometimes I think that's an element that is missing on hair loss sites (being able to just be men and throw some random shit in here that we ALL identify with and resinate with)...

Anyway, I can see this has gotten TOTALLY off topic and anyone who attempts to follow this thread will be completelly bewildered...If it doesn't get back on track naturally I will bump it so we can resume biz as usual...until then, Alba is fucking hot!

and here is one last pic to demonstrate...Mmmm. munch-munch...tasty..

alba_butt.jpg.3f126b078576cc52ea0116a2b63e1b14.jpg

• Moderators

notgoing2gobald

OK, so I see your real question is if you turn out looking like Shuffle after your HT, will Jessica Alba date you. I think the answer will be no. Why not send her some of those HT links and let her pick out which hair style and result she likes best. Then go to H&W and say "I need to look like this." icon_smile.gif

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

All I can say is that this forum is amazing, you have made my personal decisions about hairloss so much easier. Everyone who contributes with detailed answers you guys are awesome the list would be too long to name!!! Thankyou to everyone, great post NGTGB.

After my last densification I am able to wear my hair like in this picture. Before my last session it would so thin that it makes no sense to have it like I have it nowadays.

Still, it is NOT my 18 year old density, in fact compared to what I had back in the good old days this would still look thin. Maybe you young folks dont want to hear it, but I had Elvis type of hair density ... and lost all between 29-31 so don't think it can't happen to you !

DSC06396.JPG

Moi, before close to 6000 grafts.

No%20hair%20copy.jpg

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.

Well this thread certainly has drawn a lot of attention. Is it because everyone wants to know about how hair transplants limit styling or is it because everyone wants to see which hot Jessica Alba picture NG2GB is going to post next icon_wink.gif.

JFO, I am encouraged to hear that our discussion forum has been able to help you make an informed hair restoration solution!

Bill

bverotti,

WOW! Thanks for posting your pic. That looks great. Im 28, never had a ht and can NOT do that with my hair given its receded v line shape.I bet anything that if you had the "anchor man" comb over look even with that hair, I would think it was just a so, so marginal transplant. It is obvious that you had a good transplant, but my point being that I think sometimes it is unclear when we see the comb over look. I like the way you style it. Maybe there is some truth to the notion that a lot of a ht positives come merely from the way they style it. I would like to see every one of the anchor men in my first example with this hair do. I think a lot of young guys especially (20-30's) are in the same boat as me.

IF ANYONE has more hair pics to share showing styling optioins it would be greatly appreciated.. I never see people ( with the exception of Bushy) do this. Bet, it would alleviate a lot of worries for us pre-plug guys...

Be Happy,

no, no my friend. My plan is to find an extremely poor girl from a third world country who is a Jessica Alba look alike and charm her with food and a roof over her head. Speaking of Alba baby...

60276493_0f47c32d42.jpg.121103166550e98575dfb07594850784.jpg

Great post NG2GB & keep the pics coming!!

Some really good insight from Jo too.

Hey Jo, I don't think the part hair characteristics play in the eventual outcome is discussed enough. I'm interested in the patient with the pale skin, jet black hair and coarse donor as his characteristics are similar to mine. I have always worried that with the coarse black hair there would be a risk of the hairline looking pluggy. Can you describe in a bit more detail what techniques you use in this instance to ensure a natural hairline? Would you chose nape hairs to soften the hairline for example and I assume the hair to scalp contrast means you must transplant at maximum density? Thanks

"Plan for the worst & hope for the best"

Do any other post-plant guys have pics of their stylish mops their willing to share? Or even if you've got the anchor man do, go throw some wax in your hair, spike it up, and snap us a shot...

pretty please?

My Baby in bed...We would make one damn charming couple..

jessica-alba-wallpapers-3.jpg.16412775d812e2fab9448cfab53055c3.jpg

listen very carefully Bill: don't you ever, EVER talk about MY baby that way!. She's mine! Get your own!

I think it would be really cool if we could get a rather large collage of ht photos with different do's...maybe one approximating the size of my baby's pic collection? I doubt it will get that big, but we can try. I would especially like to see these anchor man dos' with a different hair style. Like, say spiked up. I think it would look 10X better and probably take 15 yrs off their age appearance. Why don't you include one of yourself with the anchor man do so we can see how much different it looks...Oh and since your gonna take pics of your hair, will you put some putty type wax in it and kinda try and spike it up? I don't know what hair products you guys use, but I use what is called Lab by Paul Mitchell. It really thickens the hair up, texturizes it, AND if your hair has a curl to it, the product will control it. I think it suits all needs for somebody with that post-plant frizzy look...A water based gel is the absolute worst product for any one with any amount of thinning. It separates the hair and makes it even more thin...

More Alba worship..Mmm..my sweet baby. MY baby Bill! Were gonna be so good together...

Jessica_Alba_.jpg.8d2d7f8e69e0a2bf49927b92a9d9cc6d.jpg

Jotronic,

if you get a chance again I have another question. I was looking back through the pics of good hair styles I posted and forgot to mention that Shuffle stated he had a small head (120cm) and I heard that the average NW6 has about double that size. My question:

1. What is the average balding area (in square cm) for a NW5a, which is what you said my pattern appears to be although diffused?

2. Do you guys measure the balding area of all your patients?

3. Do you feel that if someone has a smaller than average head (in the balding area) that this can make a significant difference in results and hence one of the contributing factors in patients having equal grafts moved, equal NW scale yet unequal cosmetic outcomes?

I have never heard any one discuss this, but I think it must be one of the variables when considering the outcome of an individual result. Right?

Alba. Enjoy...

jessica-alba-6.jpg.6d50b5bb5e58854978bced8121c886d9.jpg