Harrison Fords HT

el guapo

Just Saw the utterly terrible movie "Hollywood Homicide" with harrison Ford.

i noticed that Mr Ford has had a HT and it really does not look good. Only from some angles where the light is right does it look OK.(its just tooo thin)

i am beginning to think that this is what can be expected from a HT today.

i mean if filthy rich people like Harrison Ford and Nicholas Cage cant even get a decent transplant, why would we.

Harrison Ford has really thick Donor hair

which makes me even more suspicious of the limitations of HT.

i keep reding this forum and have done so for long time and i do believe that some patients get good results but i also think there are as many bad ones, and it would be slightly naive perhaps just to blaim/give credit to the doctors only.

maybe fellow baldies, we should just hang in there for a few more years until they have found a cure instead.

just my 2 cents

El Guapo

Just Saw the utterly terrible movie "Hollywood Homicide" with harrison Ford.

i noticed that Mr Ford has had a HT and it really does not look good. Only from some angles where the light is right does it look OK.(its just tooo thin)

i am beginning to think that this is what can be expected from a HT today.

i mean if filthy rich people like Harrison Ford and Nicholas Cage cant even get a decent transplant, why would we.

Harrison Ford has really thick Donor hair

which makes me even more suspicious of the limitations of HT.

i keep reding this forum and have done so for long time and i do believe that some patients get good results but i also think there are as many bad ones, and it would be slightly naive perhaps just to blaim/give credit to the doctors only.

maybe fellow baldies, we should just hang in there for a few more years until they have found a cure instead.

just my 2 cents

El Guapo

Personally i dont think Harrison Ford has a transplant.

He looks great and i am pretty certain that is his natural hair line.

http://www.harrisonfordweb.com/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Hollywood_Homicide_Berlin_Promotion&img=12

The guy is in his 60's and I am jealous he has had a ton of hair his entire life. Defenitely not a transplant in my opinion.

I've seen lots of grgeat work in the past 2 years just walking around in the mall.

Well, if its so great, then how can I spot it? Because alot of guys who were NW7, dont have enough hair to go all the way back so there is still balding on top and down the back. But the point is that from the front and side, it looks utterly convincing. I imagine there are a large % of guys who werrent so bald to begin with who had HTs and you cant even tell.

Guest Pumpkinhole

by simply seeing him in a movie or on tv. unless it's a really obvious one like joe biden's, you probably don't want to rush to any conclusions on that.

by the way, one of my ex-girlfriends told me that she thought both harrison ford and joe biden are attractive (actually, she said sexy). joe biden has that rugged older guy look, without the appearance of balding from the front. i think he looks kind of weird, but to each their own.

Sharp

that is an interesting observation.

Would you say it looks normal with just a hairline on a NW 7 or unatural to the point where the Ht is obvious for that reason alone.

I myself am contemplating a HT.

Im between NW3-NW4 and my biggest fears are that Ill keep on loosing hair to the point where the only reasonable thing to do is shave it all off but i cant due to a donor scar on the back of my head.

This puts me in the interesting situation where the only way out is a hair piece.

i think hair pieces are crap which is the reason I wanna get a HT.

basically I am scared of having to wear a system in the end which would defeat the purpose of having done the HT in the first place.

On another note:

i still believe Harrison did have something done, there is something funny going on around his temples and its not your average thinning.

El Guapo

Guapo

Any skilled surgeon will take potential future loss into consideration when designing your HT. In my case, this meant Dr. Rose not only transplanted to the area where I was receeding, but he also interspersed hair just behind the hairline and within the frontal tuft. If my hair recedes further, I will not have thick patches in one area and completely bald spots in unnatural looking patterns. It will be thin, but even, all throughout the frontal area, which isn't what I hope for, but at least it would have a natural appearance. Plus, I could always go back for another HT to thicken this area if that happens.