Question

Thanks uncjim and vocor1... As far as ingrown hairs are concerned, yeah, they're still happening,   

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Harry,

I think the work looks excellent ! and it will only thicken..I am sure you must be ecstatic !

I waited for my 1st HT to fully grow in before evaluating a 2nd. In fact I waited 2 years, you will find with the new stuff that your "alleys" will fill in quite nicely with time & growth. In fact you may be happy with-out any more work, who knows. At the 1 year point you will know where you have weakness if any. I think you have a fairly balanced looking hairline now.

Congrats !

NW

HarryLemon:

Glad to be of help.

I agree with NW. Wait it out. Right after my HT, I became worried about the symmetry of my hairline as you are. To me, the right side looked more curved and filled in. I even drew lines like you did in your photos (I should post them) to try to prove what I was seeing was or was not a concern.

But it was an optical illusion. My problem was uneven recession. Doctor Rose move the right temple up just a bit more than the left by planting more hairs there and trying to rebuild the natural angle. The angle is harder to see because of less density. To me, there is still the appearance of a slightly more rounded hairline on the right. BUT . . .

1) That happens a lot in nature with uneven recession. A big reason why most men choose to part one way or another.

2) My own geometries and line proved to me that what I was seeing was a form of illusion based on my uneven temporal recession.

It is funny how we can be so critical of ourselves after living with years of crappy hair. It is not so abnormal, just funny.

I personally came to the conclusion: Give it the full year. It will be exponentially better than before. If I want a little "touch up", thickening, or change, well, then I'll get another HT. And I'll try to be conservative then too and go for thickening and subtle changes.

Our experiences are similar. As is our hair and hairlines it seems. For now, I'm keeping my trust in the process. Rose and Shapiro are top notch and no one has been able to refute that.

It is comforting to know you went with the best -- you have the best chance at success you could afford yourself.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

Yeah, you guys are right - it is pretty silly to be going off on the deep end about it so soon!

In truth, I am indeed absolutely ecstatic already with how it's shaping-up. I've gotta lay off that mirror for a while though, it's making me obsessed!

icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks again for your replies. They mean a lot to me...

Thanks,

HarryLemon

[This message was edited by HarryLemon on March 06, 2003 at 03:02 PM.]