Latinlotus HT with dr. Cooley 2097 grafts

latinlotus

Latinlotus,

There is a definite cosmetic improvement and the result is natural, so that is a good thing. I do think that 2000 grafts in an area that small with your hair characteristics should produce a much thicker result though. Hopefully that will be the case for you in the next 4 months since you still only 8 months along and have more thickening that will occur. Best of luck.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NW4 recession:

the 2000 grafts were implanted in between native hairs at the front 1/3 as well, not just the temple regions. However, i agree with you that more thickening should come.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

• 1 month later...

I will post more updates at the 10 month mark. I don't think there are new growth, but Dr. Cooley mentions that new growths are sometimes difficult to see with the naked eye and that I should expect more result between 9 and 12 months. I did see some thickening though in August.

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi everybody:

Here are my 14 month results. Please go to my weblog for all pics.

I was a bit lazy for posting my updates lately, mainly because I rarely think about my hair loss anymore. Looking in the mirror or taking pics of myself now, I am very happy with the naturalness of the HT, but I have to admit that a little thicker result would be nice. The re-growth had been so gradual and slow, that at times, I was a bit worried of how my HT will turn out. However, when I put my current result pics with my pre-ht pics, I can now see a huge difference.

I discussed with Dr. Cooley about my one year result, and he considers my result excellent but he also would like a bit thicker result. I am not certain whether it is as a result of low density planted or low yield, I am leaning toward low density planted. Even though I did not ask it, Dr. Cooley offered to do a free touch up of about 400 grafts (200 grafts each temple) in order to add a thicker look. I may take on his offer in the future but at this point, I am happy with my result. Getting a HT, even for touch up, is not exactly a walk in the park. I have no doubt that I can get a denser look (who does not have hair greed) with a touch up, but there is also a concern about scar stretching and shock loss. I don't think it is worth it at this time considering that the improvement would likely only be noticeable to hair geeks like us. By the way, my scar is a non-issue.

Dr. Cooley said that there is still chance of new regrowth after one year since he had seen with some of his patients. I was quite skeptical at first since i have not seen regrowth since the 8 month mark, and if there are regrowth, it is difficult to see with the naked eyes. However, lately, within the past 2 weeks, I do notice a few velus hairs on my left temple (about 50), that i am pretty sure were not there 2 months ago.

When I initially researched for HT, I found that there were generally two approaches: getting a wall of hair or getting a gradual and conservative density. I went along with Dr. Cooley because I liked his approach??¦which was to get to natural result with gradual and conservative density along with an efficient use of my limited grafts. I believe I achieved this goal with Dr. Cooley.

Conclusion:

Knowing of my result now, would I had a HT? Yes.

Am I happy with my result? Yes.

Anything I would have changed? Perhaps ask for a bit of more density at the temples. However, i reserve my final judgement until the 18 month mark, hoping the new velus hairs will thicken some more.

Would I recommend Dr. Cooley? Yes.

Would I come back and see Dr. Cooley as my hair loss progresses? Yes.

On a separate note regarding finasteride: I still take it and it definitely helped stop my hair loss while helping to fill in a bit at the crown. There is hardly any hair on my pillow or in the shower anymore.

Happy new year everyone and thank you all for your support. I will post my 1.5 year result, but I will try to come back to HTN more often to share my experience and help some hair loss sufferers. I am glad that I got help from HTN and other veteran members when I needed the most.

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Latinlotus,

I'm glad you came back to post an update on your experience. I guess you're one of the many who've happily restored their hair and barely look back. While I know you may want a bit more density around the temple area, your hair looks fantastic and I'm glad you're happy with your results.

While I'm thrilled you no longer think about your hair loss, I hope you won't forget about us and at least check in from time to time, or even much more frequently if you wish :-).

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks Bill:

I really believe in giving and receiving. Therefore, i will definitely stick around (maybe not at the same frequency) since i received so much help from you guys when i needed the most.

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

I just posted my video of the results on youtube.

My before vs after 26 months of finasteride and 14 month post-op HT:

You can find my video 14 month post op here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/latinlotus#p/a/u/1/PqtF9fOjV6g

You can find my video 26 months after usage of finasteride here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/latinlotus#p/a/u/0/PtBnaElL1Hg

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

• 6 years later...

Hi all:

My 7.5 years post op, see link: Latinlotus pics 7.5 years post-op - Album on Imgur

4psE1

Not much had change since my last update, 6 years ago, not even one gray hair even as I am nearing my mid-forty! Ok, maybe a few extra wrinkles, but they are expertly hidden by the automatic photoshop of my camera.

My hair is still holding it well. Finasteride still works wonder. As for the hair transplanted by Dr. Cooley: no issue whatsoever. I just came back from vacation in Myrtle Beach, SC, and that just reminded me of Dr. Cooley whose office is nearby in Charlotte, NC, and then about our community.

I hope the community is doing well and that many hair loss sufferers can find a solution here.

Cheers.

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Welcome back! Looks excellent and certainly holding up well.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.