Anybody (Doctors preferable) what can I do if I think I'm allergic to Propecia...

I know it's very rare to be allergic to Propecia but I always develope itchy bumps when I take it for more than a month or so. Is there anything else I can do? what about dropping the intake to once every other day? I have an appointment with a dermatologist this coming week and plan to talk to him about it. Any input would be greatly appreciated... I'm already on Rogain at night along with Nioxin for a wash (I'm at war fellas!)

thanks...

I know it's very rare to be allergic to Propecia but I always develope itchy bumps when I take it for more than a month or so. Is there anything else I can do? what about dropping the intake to once every other day? I have an appointment with a dermatologist this coming week and plan to talk to him about it. Any input would be greatly appreciated... I'm already on Rogain at night along with Nioxin for a wash (I'm at war fellas!)

thanks...

Badboy, I am in the same boat as you. I cannot take Propecia on a daily basis because after a couple of weeks or so I start getting itchy. The first time I tried it, after about a month, I got bumps all over especially around my lips - real attractive. When I quit taking it, it took about another month for the reactions to go away. You need to get it out of your system. I'm not a doctor so I can't tell you what to do. You certainly can talk to your dermatologist but I would also talk to your regular doctor.

badboy,

I got a bit of hives too after taking it every day...I switched back to every other day at the the same time, as to maintain a scedule. I also find that if I keep my water intake at(2 litres a day)no less, it seems to keep me flushed of toxins etc. and the hives dissappear.

Just my experience. Hope everything works out for you.

Rambus icon_smile.gif