A New Era of Patient/Physician Collaboration

• Administrators

As a hair transplant patient I know how life changing surgery can be. And as the publisher of this web community I know that hair transplant surgery can either give a patient a new lease on life or shatter their confidence and appearance for a life time.

Seven years ago I began my first of three hair transplant surgeries. At that time I was extremely lucky to have selected one of the few surgeons who at that time was successfully doing large sessions of follicular unit grafts. Dr. Ron Shapiro was exceptionally gifted and dedicated to his patients and I achieved outstanding results that dramatically changed my life for the better.

I then began to share my positive experience online and in time, with the generous support and encouragement of Dr. Ron Shapiro, I expanded my efforts to help others find outstanding surgeons in their area with the Hair Transplant Network.

Only those physicians who were carefully prescreened and found to be successfully performing state of the art hair transplantation were presented on this online community. These physicians then contributed a monthly sponsorship fee to support our community and its resources.

Hair loss sufferers found great physicians and a place where they could openly share opinions and experiences, while outstanding physicians got the positive recognition and promotion they deserved. It was and continues to be a positive resource for hair loss sufferers and leading physicians.

The birth of the New Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hair restoration surgery continues to evolve. The bar for true excellence has moved higher in the past couple of years and now enables the use of very tiny instruments to create very small incisions that are carefully angled and directed.

This new ultra refined follicular unit grafting is even harder and more demanding to perform successfully than the standard follicular unit procedure of the past few years.

Only a minority of hair restoration physicians have risen successfully to this challenge. Those few who have risen to this new and higher standard of excellence were recently invited to join the Coalition.

As of March 1st the Coalition is now made up only of physicians who have successfully risen to this new challenge with proven success. Part of the member review process now involves reviewing their immediate post op results.

To see photo examples of the quality of ultra refined follicular unit transplantation results that are now required of all Coalition members, click here.

These physicians believe in pushing to constantly advance their surgical techniques in order to provide their patients with truly optimal results. With these physicians the patient's long term best interests are truly ahead of gross revenue and assembly line surgeries.

They have chosen the high road that makes surgery even more demanding, tedious and slow for them and their staff ??“ yet optimal for their patients.

In my opinion, having attended over a dozen hair restoration conferences and workshops and privately viewed dozens of surgeries first hand over the past seven years, they are the best of the best. And while not all outstanding hair restoration physicians are members of the Coalition, every member is an outstanding physician.

These Coalition members are committed to not only providing excellent results but excellent patient education. And why shouldn't they ??“ as the more people know the better they and their procedures look.

These physicians believe in empowering patients to openly share their experiences and photos by supporting this forum, the Hair Mentor program, Live Online Help and soon Patient Weblogs. They've also supported the development of educational videos and animations and hundreds of pages of in-depth and credible web content at the Hair Loss Learning Center and the new Hair Restoration Network. They believe that an educated patient is an ideal patient.

I'm honored to introduce the outstanding members of the newly revamped Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians:

Dr. Ron Shapiro is extremely well liked and respected by both his patients and colleagues. His patients appreciate his empathy and outstanding results, while his colleagues appreciate his generosity in openly sharing his techniques and insights to advance the entire profession. I much appreciate the long time support and guidance he has lent to me in my efforts to grow this community. He was outstanding when I first met him over seven years ago and he has continued to stay at the forefront of all advances to this day.

Dr. Sharon Keene has a well earned reputation for being extremely conscientious, honest, and hands-on in the surgery suite (often placing many of the grafts personally). Those who are regulars on this forum know that she is well regarded by her patients for producing excellent results. Dr. Keene is also respected internationally for her contributions to follicular unit hair transplantation. She also worked closely with Dr. Ron Shapiro for several years as this procedure was evolving. She regularly conducts lectures, live surgery workshops, and is committed to educating physicians as well as patients. She also has created several inventions designed to improve the quality of hair restoration surgery.

Dr. Bobby Limmer is affectionately referred to by his colleagues as the "Godfather of Follicular Unit grafting". During the late 1980's he pioneered the use of the binocular microscope in preparing very refined follicular unit grafts. He has quietly and modestly been doing outstanding work for years and has been doing "lateral slits" using very tiny incisions before the term was popularized and promoted online. He has been guest lecturer at over 50 presentations and written 36 medical journal articles regarding hair restoration. He is a true pioneer who was not only way ahead of his time, but who has consistently stayed at the cutting edge of hair restoration ever since.

Dr. Brad Limmer has been actively involved with Follicular Unit Hair Transplantation virtually since this important procedure was first pioneered by his father, Bobby L. Limmer, in the late 1980's. He studied and mentored under his renowned father and learned what would later become the "Gold Standard" in hair transplantation. He also learned his father's emphasis upon honest and upfront education with all patients. Dr. Brad Limmer is also board certified in dermatology and trains plastic surgery residents as a clinical assistant professor in the division of dermatology at the University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio. He currently performs ultra refined follicular unit grafting using lateral slits with excellent results.

Dr. Jerry Cooley is a rising star in the hair restoration profession and he headed up the scientific committee for the annual ISHRS meeting in New York City. Jerry and his staff were early adopters and innovators in advancing the new ultra refined follicular unit grafting using tiny cut to size blades and lateral/coronal slits. He and his staff have chosen to limit their attention to only one patient a day in order to enable them to take the time to do the very best work. His clinic has a family feel and provides very personable service and care.

Dr. Glenn Charles was fortunate to meet and work for Dr. Shapiro early on when follicular unit grafting was coming of age. Glenn perfected his own techniques and artistry and now does superb ultra refined follicular unit grafting exclusively in his clinic beautiful clinic in Boca Raton, Florida. I recently saw Dr. Charles performing his lateral slit technique using tiny custom cut blades and I was very impressed by how very refined and clean his incisions were and how natural and irregular his hairline design was. He and his staff are A+.

Dr. James DeYarman was an early pioneer in adopting all follicular unit grafting. When I visited his clinic in La Jolla, California he sat me down at his computer and let me view dozens of patient photos at random. They were consistently amazing. Jim quietlDr. Robert True y remains on the cutting edge and was a very early adapter of the ultra refined follicular unit procedure and he enthusiastically began using the cut to size micro blades and lateral slits about two years ago. Those living in California have absolutely no reason to leave the state for surgery with Dr. DeYarman in their backyard.

Dr. Robert True has the maturity and good judgment that only comes from years of experience. He is masterful in recreating hairlines and the whorl patterns in the crown. He has continually evolved his procedure to the newest ultra refined level and takes pride in doing work that is second to none. Our forum moderator, Robert, recently spent a day in surgery with Dr. True in his new state of the art facility and came away very impressed by his care and technical skill and his depth of knowledge and attention to detail. I've been impressed with his excellent aesthetic judgment and his very sharp mind.

Dr. Robert Dorin was carefully chosen from a large field of physicians to be his prot???©g???©. Having worked with and trained many physicians over the years, Dr. True found Dr. Dorin to be a natural at hair transplantation. Dr. Dorin has since excelled and is now doing ultra refined work that is on pare with Dr. True in his opinion. Based on his confidence in him, Dr. True invited Dr. Dorin to be a full partner in their New York practice of True and Dorin Medical Group. Dr. Dorin also knows first hand what hair loss is like as he was a hair transplant patient of Dr. True.

Dr. Edmund Griffin is very patient focused and has taken virtually every measure possible to make patients comfortable and assure optimal results. When I visited his very state of the art surgical facility in Atlanta I was impressed by he and his staff's attention to detail from the moment the patient walks in to their clinic and well past surgery. As Dr. Griffin's gracious southern charm permeates how his patients are treated as when they arrive they are the one "patient the day". Every aspect of his surgery from using the pain free wand for anesthesia to complete microscopic dissection of grafts and micro instrumentation for creating tiny ultra refined graft incisions is first rate.

Dr. Bob Haber although not well known online, has been quietly performing excellent hair restoration surgery in Ohio for years. He is very well known and well regarded by his hair restoration colleagues and in 1995 was given the "Award of Excellence" by the ISHRS in recognition for his innovative techniques. He and his staff have continued to evolve and now provide patients with ultra refined follicular unit grafting. Dr. Haber is very bright and articulate and has emerged as a leading hair restoration physician.

Dr. Raymond Konior is a perfectionist who is quietly dedicated to making his procedure better every single day. He prides himself in personally placing the majority of the grafts and not leaving the surgical room until the procedure is completed. His strong background in plastic surgery has given him an artistic edge in creating a visual harmony between the hairline and the rest of the face. He also uses his cosmetic surgery training to minimize any resulting scar tissue. His current procedure is ultra refined and utilizes extremely tiny incisions and careful orientation of grafts and hair direction to produce results that are second to none.

Dr. Scott Alexander medical practice is devoted exclusively to doing hair restoration in his new state of the art facility. He and his staff perform the newest ultra refined follicular unit transplantation using microscopically prepared follicular unit grafts that are placed in very tiny lateral slit incisions. He has always been very interested in art with great ability in that area. His extreme attention to detail and artistic talent are visible in his natural and refined surgical results. Being very meticulous, with a drive for perfection, he has sought out the best techniques and mastered them.

Dr. Paul Rose performs ultra refined follicular unit transplantation and was one of the first physicians in the early 1990's to develop and implement the follicular unit procedure. During this time he has worked closely with his colleague Dr. Ron Shapiro in perfecting and refining the follicular unit procedure with outstanding results. Dr. Rose is internationally recognized for his ideas for achieving a natural hairline and has lectured widely and written numerous articles on hair restoration. Dr. Rose is recognized for developing the concept of backlighting and some of the devices used for this purpose. He is also the chairman of the ISHRS Pro Bono Committee, which is dedicated to helping indigent individuals who sufferer from hair loss due to trauma or disease to restore their hair.

Dr. Joseph Williams' medical practice is devoted exclusively to doing hair restoration with outstanding results. He and his staff perform the newest ultra refined follicular unit transplantation using microscopically prepared follicular unit grafts that are placed in very tiny lateral slit incisions. He is very hands on in his approach and creates all surgical incisions and places many of the grafts personally. He is extremely personable and enthusiastic about what he can do for patients and he does all consultations personally. He is also a hair transplant patient. His passion for providing his patients with the very best results, service and value is obvious to any hair loss sufferer who contacts him. He is a real gem in the rough among the many commercially driven clinics on the West Coast.

Dr. Arthur Tykocinski's rare combination of advanced technical skill and artistry attracts patients from around the world. He was one of the early adopters of follicular unit grafting and introduced it to Latin America in 1996. Since then he has continued to evolve and has emerged as a world renowned expert on the new ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation procedure. I recently observed his surgery in Sao Paulo, Brazil and found his ultra refined lateral slit surgical technique to be extremely refined and artistic. He speaks both English and Portuguese and enjoys hosting patients from around the world during their stay in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

As a hair transplant patient I know how life changing surgery can be. And as the publisher of this web community I know that hair transplant surgery can either give a patient a new lease on life or shatter their confidence and appearance for a life time.

Seven years ago I began my first of three hair transplant surgeries. At that time I was extremely lucky to have selected one of the few surgeons who at that time was successfully doing large sessions of follicular unit grafts. Dr. Ron Shapiro was exceptionally gifted and dedicated to his patients and I achieved outstanding results that dramatically changed my life for the better.

I then began to share my positive experience online and in time, with the generous support and encouragement of Dr. Ron Shapiro, I expanded my efforts to help others find outstanding surgeons in their area with the Hair Transplant Network.

Only those physicians who were carefully prescreened and found to be successfully performing state of the art hair transplantation were presented on this online community. These physicians then contributed a monthly sponsorship fee to support our community and its resources.

Hair loss sufferers found great physicians and a place where they could openly share opinions and experiences, while outstanding physicians got the positive recognition and promotion they deserved. It was and continues to be a positive resource for hair loss sufferers and leading physicians.

The birth of the New Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hair restoration surgery continues to evolve. The bar for true excellence has moved higher in the past couple of years and now enables the use of very tiny instruments to create very small incisions that are carefully angled and directed.

This new ultra refined follicular unit grafting is even harder and more demanding to perform successfully than the standard follicular unit procedure of the past few years.

Only a minority of hair restoration physicians have risen successfully to this challenge. Those few who have risen to this new and higher standard of excellence were recently invited to join the Coalition.

As of March 1st the Coalition is now made up only of physicians who have successfully risen to this new challenge with proven success. Part of the member review process now involves reviewing their immediate post op results.

To see photo examples of the quality of ultra refined follicular unit transplantation results that are now required of all Coalition members, click here.

These physicians believe in pushing to constantly advance their surgical techniques in order to provide their patients with truly optimal results. With these physicians the patient's long term best interests are truly ahead of gross revenue and assembly line surgeries.

They have chosen the high road that makes surgery even more demanding, tedious and slow for them and their staff ??“ yet optimal for their patients.

In my opinion, having attended over a dozen hair restoration conferences and workshops and privately viewed dozens of surgeries first hand over the past seven years, they are the best of the best. And while not all outstanding hair restoration physicians are members of the Coalition, every member is an outstanding physician.

These Coalition members are committed to not only providing excellent results but excellent patient education. And why shouldn't they ??“ as the more people know the better they and their procedures look.

These physicians believe in empowering patients to openly share their experiences and photos by supporting this forum, the Hair Mentor program, Live Online Help and soon Patient Weblogs. They've also supported the development of educational videos and animations and hundreds of pages of in-depth and credible web content at the Hair Loss Learning Center and the new Hair Restoration Network. They believe that an educated patient is an ideal patient.

I'm honored to introduce the outstanding members of the newly revamped Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians:

Dr. Ron Shapiro is extremely well liked and respected by both his patients and colleagues. His patients appreciate his empathy and outstanding results, while his colleagues appreciate his generosity in openly sharing his techniques and insights to advance the entire profession. I much appreciate the long time support and guidance he has lent to me in my efforts to grow this community. He was outstanding when I first met him over seven years ago and he has continued to stay at the forefront of all advances to this day.

Dr. Sharon Keene has a well earned reputation for being extremely conscientious, honest, and hands-on in the surgery suite (often placing many of the grafts personally). Those who are regulars on this forum know that she is well regarded by her patients for producing excellent results. Dr. Keene is also respected internationally for her contributions to follicular unit hair transplantation. She also worked closely with Dr. Ron Shapiro for several years as this procedure was evolving. She regularly conducts lectures, live surgery workshops, and is committed to educating physicians as well as patients. She also has created several inventions designed to improve the quality of hair restoration surgery.

Dr. Bobby Limmer is affectionately referred to by his colleagues as the "Godfather of Follicular Unit grafting". During the late 1980's he pioneered the use of the binocular microscope in preparing very refined follicular unit grafts. He has quietly and modestly been doing outstanding work for years and has been doing "lateral slits" using very tiny incisions before the term was popularized and promoted online. He has been guest lecturer at over 50 presentations and written 36 medical journal articles regarding hair restoration. He is a true pioneer who was not only way ahead of his time, but who has consistently stayed at the cutting edge of hair restoration ever since.

Dr. Brad Limmer has been actively involved with Follicular Unit Hair Transplantation virtually since this important procedure was first pioneered by his father, Bobby L. Limmer, in the late 1980's. He studied and mentored under his renowned father and learned what would later become the "Gold Standard" in hair transplantation. He also learned his father's emphasis upon honest and upfront education with all patients. Dr. Brad Limmer is also board certified in dermatology and trains plastic surgery residents as a clinical assistant professor in the division of dermatology at the University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio. He currently performs ultra refined follicular unit grafting using lateral slits with excellent results.

Dr. Jerry Cooley is a rising star in the hair restoration profession and he headed up the scientific committee for the annual ISHRS meeting in New York City. Jerry and his staff were early adopters and innovators in advancing the new ultra refined follicular unit grafting using tiny cut to size blades and lateral/coronal slits. He and his staff have chosen to limit their attention to only one patient a day in order to enable them to take the time to do the very best work. His clinic has a family feel and provides very personable service and care.

Dr. Glenn Charles was fortunate to meet and work for Dr. Shapiro early on when follicular unit grafting was coming of age. Glenn perfected his own techniques and artistry and now does superb ultra refined follicular unit grafting exclusively in his clinic beautiful clinic in Boca Raton, Florida. I recently saw Dr. Charles performing his lateral slit technique using tiny custom cut blades and I was very impressed by how very refined and clean his incisions were and how natural and irregular his hairline design was. He and his staff are A+.

Dr. James DeYarman was an early pioneer in adopting all follicular unit grafting. When I visited his clinic in La Jolla, California he sat me down at his computer and let me view dozens of patient photos at random. They were consistently amazing. Jim quietlDr. Robert True y remains on the cutting edge and was a very early adapter of the ultra refined follicular unit procedure and he enthusiastically began using the cut to size micro blades and lateral slits about two years ago. Those living in California have absolutely no reason to leave the state for surgery with Dr. DeYarman in their backyard.

Dr. Robert True has the maturity and good judgment that only comes from years of experience. He is masterful in recreating hairlines and the whorl patterns in the crown. He has continually evolved his procedure to the newest ultra refined level and takes pride in doing work that is second to none. Our forum moderator, Robert, recently spent a day in surgery with Dr. True in his new state of the art facility and came away very impressed by his care and technical skill and his depth of knowledge and attention to detail. I've been impressed with his excellent aesthetic judgment and his very sharp mind.

Dr. Robert Dorin was carefully chosen from a large field of physicians to be his prot???©g???©. Having worked with and trained many physicians over the years, Dr. True found Dr. Dorin to be a natural at hair transplantation. Dr. Dorin has since excelled and is now doing ultra refined work that is on pare with Dr. True in his opinion. Based on his confidence in him, Dr. True invited Dr. Dorin to be a full partner in their New York practice of True and Dorin Medical Group. Dr. Dorin also knows first hand what hair loss is like as he was a hair transplant patient of Dr. True.

Dr. Edmund Griffin is very patient focused and has taken virtually every measure possible to make patients comfortable and assure optimal results. When I visited his very state of the art surgical facility in Atlanta I was impressed by he and his staff's attention to detail from the moment the patient walks in to their clinic and well past surgery. As Dr. Griffin's gracious southern charm permeates how his patients are treated as when they arrive they are the one "patient the day". Every aspect of his surgery from using the pain free wand for anesthesia to complete microscopic dissection of grafts and micro instrumentation for creating tiny ultra refined graft incisions is first rate.

Dr. Bob Haber although not well known online, has been quietly performing excellent hair restoration surgery in Ohio for years. He is very well known and well regarded by his hair restoration colleagues and in 1995 was given the "Award of Excellence" by the ISHRS in recognition for his innovative techniques. He and his staff have continued to evolve and now provide patients with ultra refined follicular unit grafting. Dr. Haber is very bright and articulate and has emerged as a leading hair restoration physician.

Dr. Raymond Konior is a perfectionist who is quietly dedicated to making his procedure better every single day. He prides himself in personally placing the majority of the grafts and not leaving the surgical room until the procedure is completed. His strong background in plastic surgery has given him an artistic edge in creating a visual harmony between the hairline and the rest of the face. He also uses his cosmetic surgery training to minimize any resulting scar tissue. His current procedure is ultra refined and utilizes extremely tiny incisions and careful orientation of grafts and hair direction to produce results that are second to none.

Dr. Scott Alexander medical practice is devoted exclusively to doing hair restoration in his new state of the art facility. He and his staff perform the newest ultra refined follicular unit transplantation using microscopically prepared follicular unit grafts that are placed in very tiny lateral slit incisions. He has always been very interested in art with great ability in that area. His extreme attention to detail and artistic talent are visible in his natural and refined surgical results. Being very meticulous, with a drive for perfection, he has sought out the best techniques and mastered them.

Dr. Paul Rose performs ultra refined follicular unit transplantation and was one of the first physicians in the early 1990's to develop and implement the follicular unit procedure. During this time he has worked closely with his colleague Dr. Ron Shapiro in perfecting and refining the follicular unit procedure with outstanding results. Dr. Rose is internationally recognized for his ideas for achieving a natural hairline and has lectured widely and written numerous articles on hair restoration. Dr. Rose is recognized for developing the concept of backlighting and some of the devices used for this purpose. He is also the chairman of the ISHRS Pro Bono Committee, which is dedicated to helping indigent individuals who sufferer from hair loss due to trauma or disease to restore their hair.

Dr. Joseph Williams' medical practice is devoted exclusively to doing hair restoration with outstanding results. He and his staff perform the newest ultra refined follicular unit transplantation using microscopically prepared follicular unit grafts that are placed in very tiny lateral slit incisions. He is very hands on in his approach and creates all surgical incisions and places many of the grafts personally. He is extremely personable and enthusiastic about what he can do for patients and he does all consultations personally. He is also a hair transplant patient. His passion for providing his patients with the very best results, service and value is obvious to any hair loss sufferer who contacts him. He is a real gem in the rough among the many commercially driven clinics on the West Coast.

Dr. Arthur Tykocinski's rare combination of advanced technical skill and artistry attracts patients from around the world. He was one of the early adopters of follicular unit grafting and introduced it to Latin America in 1996. Since then he has continued to evolve and has emerged as a world renowned expert on the new ultra refined follicular unit hair transplantation procedure. I recently observed his surgery in Sao Paulo, Brazil and found his ultra refined lateral slit surgical technique to be extremely refined and artistic. He speaks both English and Portuguese and enjoys hosting patients from around the world during their stay in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

I can only echo Pat's sentiments on this very important topic. Like Pat, I feel very strongly that the Coalition of Independant Hair Restoration Physicians should be one that a hair loss sufferer can turn to with complete confidence in the knowledge that they will be recommended the absolute best.

I am very proud to have taken part in helping to select the "cream of the crop," as it were. I would not hesitate to have any of these physicians perform surgery on me at all.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

I have to say, I am sad not to see my doc on the list. How does a doc become a member of this coalition? I feel that Dr. Katz has done a great job on my transplant (still only 5 months), but I'd love to see him on this list as time advances. Will this list be appended over time with new docs that join?

Bill

There is always room for expansion in the Coalition and we do anticipate adding more great physicians that perform the ultimate in refined hair restoration surgery in the months to come.

-Robert

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• Administrators

Correction - ALL members of the Coalition are outstanding physicians icon_smile.gif

My Hair Loss Blog

This is a sales site. It might help some of you guys who are seeking a hard to find surgeon.

Simply enough there is money to made in this industry. This information appears to be very solid, but making money is a much stronger motive than to just fitting the right potential patient to surgeon.

• Administrators

It's true. The Coalition membership is not a complete list of all excellent physicians. But I do believe that everyone in the Coalition is doing cutting edge work.

No "list" of quality physicians will ever be complete or agreed upon. And I have seen many create and post their own lists of the "best" on this very forum. Any one is free to make and post their own list on this forum.

Others not yet in the Coalition as do outstanding work such as Dr. Ed Eptein in VA and Dr. Jeff Epstein in Miami, Dr. Feller in NYC, Dr. Bill Parsley, Dr. Martinick in Australia . . . just to name a few more. And there are certainly more.

But at least the Coalition and the Hair Transplant Network help people find resources and suggestions for making safe choices.

In time we hope that more top notch physicians will join us in our efforts to reach and inform even more hair loss sufferers with even better information.

The Coalition is much more than a list of quality physician names. Coalition members are not only committed to excellent results but excellent patient education. That includes all the videos, animations, programming, writing, research, design, live help and the thousands of dollars we spend each month on pay per click advertising . . . etc. that help people find the resources that can help them make good decisions.

None of us have all the answers or know all the best clinics. But at least we have a place to come and compare notes, photos, doctors and experiences. It's not perfect. But it sure beats combing through endless brochure sites in which everyone claims to be doing state of the art work. At least here people aren't just consumers of infomercials and can and do voice their reservations and input.

Feel free to post your own ideas on doctors, procedures, experiences etc. as none of us have all the answers. But collectively with all of us comparing notes, we have a wealth of info to offer the "newbie".

I suggest that anyone and everyone looking at a particular physician type that physician's last name into the "Search" box under the "Find" menu on this forum to find out what has been said about this physician for the last 4 years on this forum. With over 50,000 hair transplant related posts it's a wealth of collective wisdom I can't touch.

Best wishes for restoring your hair and thanks for being a part of the process.

Pat

My Hair Loss Blog

• Administrators

Part of the review process for membership in the Coalition now involves reviewing physicians' immediate post op results.

To see examples of the quality of ultra refined follicular unit transplantation results that are now required of all Coalition members, click here.

My Hair Loss Blog

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I'm proud to announce the newest elite member of the Coalition ??“ Dr. Robert Bernstein, M.D., F.A.A.D. To those of you who have been around for years and watched follicular unit hair transplantation come of age, Dr. Bernstein's reputation truly precedes him.

His ground breaking research and writing on the subject of follicular unit hair restoration earned him the coveted "Platinum Follicle Award" in 2001. He continues to be at the cutting edge of follicular unit transplantation and exclusively performs ultra refined follicular unit transplantation in NYC and NJ at a masterful level.

He is Board Certified in Dermatology, a fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, and certified by the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery. Dr. Bernstein is Associate Clinical Professor of Dermatology at Columbia University.

To learn more about Dr. Bernstein and see his patient results, click here.

My Hair Loss Blog

• 1 month later...

Pat,

What you guys are doing there is great and very helpful.

I benefited greatly, knowledge wise, and experience wise from visiting, contributing and learning from the site. It really helped me avoid making mistakes and choose the dr. that I felt as right for me, my situation, and the one I felt most comfortable with. Very Happy with my choice.

I very much appreciate your efforts in narrowing down your list so that people avoid making wrong choices, and narrow down their choices.

I know your intention of generating such list is purely innocent in your efforts to highlight the cream of the crop doctors (and that is very much needed. However, I believe, the list and approach seemed somehow promotional (I agree with you that some of the doctors mentioned are outstanding doctors...but there are others, that I consulted with and in the course of my research, and evaluating other's experience---would probably be safe to recommend---that are not on the list.

To make a story short...my concern is that this list becomes commercial and then it looses its value(On it there are doctors we never heard of and excluded from it are doctors that are very highly regarded and recommended on this site from personal experiences).

My personal suggestion is the following....Establish a clear criteria for doctors...(like, a doctor cannot be recommended unless 10-15 members provide CLEAR, untouched, and most importantly NOT PROVIDED by the doctor himself ...pictures of his/her work...right after HT, and then follow up throughout the growth process and then YOU GUYS (The Experts in HT)evaluate these pictures collect feedback from current doctors on the list (NO outstanding professional and honest doctor will speak badly of a colleague at his own level--in my opinion) and then based on these 15 or so experiences per doctor, it would be somehow safe to recommend that doctor...and that list will not be published until it is complete--at least with the ones that WE ALL know should be on that list....and believe me I know that other upcoming doctors will join in as their skills are proven (I am just throwing in an idea----

BUT PLEASE, do not make that list, lose its purpose and be turned into a commercial list or a list of those who contributed, for the sake of the integrity of the site.

Continued support---and wish you all the best...

HT with Dr. Jeffrey Epstein

Dec. 17, 2004

3029 FU--NW5

• Administrators

Phillyhair,

The Coalition is not merely a list of outstanding physicians. It is a group that is actively working together to provide excellent education and results. These members were all carefully screened and granted membership based on the highest and most up to date standards of excellence.

Not all outstanding physicians are currently members of the Coalition. But all members are in my opinion outstanding. Lists can be readily compiled and many have been made and posted on this and other discussion forums.

I'm very aware of a few physicians who are commonly believed to be outstanding who in my opinion are not for reasons ranging from unethical behavior to misleading results. Having run this community for several years now and having attended over a dozen international hair restoration meetings and workshops I'm aware of information that does not get shared on any of the forums. However, this information is factored into who is granted membership in the Coalition.

We are all entitled to our opinions. But personally I believe in erring on the safe side by strictly limiting membership. That is why when we raised the Coalition membership standards as of March 1st 2005 and chose to not renew several members.

We intend to carefully and slowly grow membership in the Coalition to make it more inclusive, while not diluting its very high standards.

In fact, I intend to again visit your surgeon Dr. Jeff Epstein in Miami to view his current surgical techniques. If it is as excellent as I suspect it is he will be offered membership in the Coalition.

I'll keep you posted. Thanks for your input. I fully agree that quality standards must be kept strict and up to date.

Pat

My Hair Loss Blog

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the heads up. The post that the link went to got corrupted when I was doing some forum maintenance. I copied the original post and the link now works great.

Ultra-Refined Follicular-Unit Transplantation Results

-Robert

• 4 months later...

I live in the Los Angeles area, and would like to know which doctors in your list of the New Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians that I might use, as I am definitely getting a transplant done in December 2005 or December 2006.

Thanks, and please feel free to contact me at michael.stoller@ehiinsm.com!

Michael Stoller

818-516-0570

• Administrators

Mike,

When done right hair transplant surgery is virtually a miracle. But choosing a truly outstanding surgeon is critical.

To view surgeons recommended in California, click here.. Personally I think Dr. Jim DeYarman in San Diego does the most refined and impressive ultra refined follicular unit surgery in California.

Best wishes for a great result.

My Hair Loss Blog