Crown Cosmetic in Los Angeles

Energize

Guys,

I am thinking about doing a HT at this clinic.

2 DOLLARS PER GRAFT! Seems a little too cheap but they claim they save on advertising and pass the cost down. No doctors named in this.

Does anyone here have any experience with this place? I am considering signing up but thought I'd consult with guys here first.

Website is: www.TheLordClinic.com

If no one has info, I can make an appointment to visit and share what they say.

Thanks

It is in my opinion that $$$ should not be a deciding factor. Please do as much research as possible before ever committing to any HT clinic. This forum will offer much to your research as well as photos and overall experiences with a variety of doctors. Check out hairlosshelp.com as well for info. I took my time and over a peroid of over a year looking at various clinics narrowed it down to Hasson & Wong, mainly for all the success stories I've followed throughout the processes.

Don't rush...take your time. And money nor location should be a factor....only the end results that the clinic can prove with real testimonials. Good Luck.

🙃

Run like the wind my friend. This is a place to stay away from. The fact is that MOST recommended doctors are NOT franchises and do NOT advertise. So they don't have much overhead either. That sales tactic is obviously aimed at Bosley and MHR. You only have one scalp and it can be seriously messed up by going to a second class surgeon. You'll end up paying many more times that in repair costs.

And on top of that a cheezy contest for free grafts? Oh my God!

My doctor who is one of the best has a low key office down in Tucson that I'm sure provides lower overhead than most doctors. And she does NO advertizing.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Energize,

I took the liberty of calling this clinic, just to see what information I could glean from them. Everything went OK, right up to the point where I started asking for satisfied patients that I could contact, and I asked how many HT's the clinic had performed. I also inquired as to the type of equipment being used, and how long each staff member and doctor has been on board. At this point a person simply known as "John", who identified himself as a (something) doctor got on the phone. He said he has been doing transplants for 20 years and can produce tremendous results. I asked what type of equipment and instrumentation he uses. I kid you not folks, this is his reply, "Why are you asking all of these questions, you can get all of that on the website", and hung up the phone. Now i'm pissed. I call back again, and ask to speak to John, he isn't there all of a sudden. This is a hair mill. I do realize that the attractive pricing does grab you, but to work for $2.00 a graft tells many of us a few things: No Staff and outdated equipment, untrained or second rate physicians, and a willingness to put anyone in the chair.

I would say that the potential for butchery exists here, do not go. Please take this to heart. The sad part is many others will not take the time to benefit from this forum and ask these questions. Apparently, business is so good for these quacks, they are opening up a new clinic in Philadelphia. It sickens me that a clause in the law allows these types to forever scar others and get away with it. "Realistic Expectations", doesn't cover it anymore.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Guys,

Thanks much for the feedback. The $2 Grafts is very eye-catching. I need about a 1000 grafts (but even about 700 would do) and I thought "Wow, I could pay $2000 on my credit card and get this done in two weeks!"

Then I found this forum and the advice seems to be to research doctors for months and months. Is there that much butchering going on?

Some questions: Is it Standard Operation Procedure for doctors to provide references?

i.e. Satisfied happy patients whom I can contact personally instead of looking at a photo album?

Bobman, your results are amazing. This questions will sound very amateurish, but I don't know where else to ask: How do you fill that much hair on top of your scalp without completely depleting the back of your head?

The Bspot, thanks for the info. I just might stop by this place to find out what they are all about. This place claims they do about 5 per day. You mentioned what type of equipment? What sort of equipment should I be on the lookout for?

I was referred to this place through a guy who gives hair treatments, by putting a solution on your scalp and then placing a heat cap over your head for about 15 minutes. I could write more details about this place if anyone is interested. I have been going there for a while. Is it working? I don't really know. I am not losing hair but then again, this may be completely irrelevant to this place.

Much appreciate,

Energize

Energize:

Well, I know on thing is that I still have enough for another procedure. Which I plan to do sometime next year.

Filling the area involves artistry, follecular placement accompanied by your individual hair characteristics, ie; straight, curly, thick, thin, color, good scalp laxity, etc...

All this doesn't mean anything unless you have the right staff, equipment and a surgeon(s) that are consistantly improving on thier work.

Check out Hassonandwong.com or The multimedia Hair Loss Learning Center's area for patients results.

Take your time....best of luck to you!

🙃

Energize,

In your general vicinity, I would recommend checking out Dr. Keene in Tucson, and Drs. Hasson and Wong in Vancouver. These doctors all have a reputation for doing outstanding work. I believe all of these docs offer online consults as well. Good luck in your search.

GuitarPlayer

Energize, take some time to read the educational material posted on the website homepage, which can help you when you get on the phone with a clinic.

This Crown clinic has 2 doctors performing HT's so 5 a day is completely outrageous. I did call back and ask the receptionist if they had any microscopes, and she asked why they would need them to do a HT...... icon_confused.gif 'nuff said. I am not in any way attempting to deprive anyone of their "just do", but this place truly irritated me. I think once I finish law school, I just might make a living hunting some of these people down. Seriously though, all of us should start calling out these clinics for unethical and out-dated procedures. It would be nice if this nice doctor was flooded with calls everyday, asking about his methods.....

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Thanks Fellas!

You have helped me out here. I was seriously considering signing up with these folk in a couple of months, (After visting the clinic in person of course) but I think I am just going to forget about this place.

The general advice seems to say that don't let money be a factor. It seems that the good doctors mentioned here cost between $9-12 dollars per graft.

$2 just sounded too good! lol

I know you guys are not doctors but are you able to distinguish how many grafts a person needs by looking at someone's scalp?

I assume that the different doctors will have different opinion on how many I need.

Should a consumer be weary of being oversold on how many grafts he actually needs?

Energize

Energize, you are wrong about the 9 to 12 dollars a graft. You might be confusing FUE with strip. Strip will average about $4 a graft with the top surgeons. There is plenty of material on the two types of graft extraction (FUE vs. Strip). So read up on it if you are interested. Bottom line is you can get more bang for your buck with strip. FUE is touted for leaving little to no scar where they extract the hair. Most of the people on this and other forums have had strip surgery. FUE is newer and more expensive, but not necessarily better. Lot's of pro's and cons.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

When it seems too good to be true it ususally is.. I wouldn't let them touch my head. Some things you can't "skimp" on ..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Scoop, honestly 1000 grafts will probably cost you about 5 to 6000. The reason for this is many clinics have a minimum surgery cost. 1000 grafts is almost nothing these days unless you are lowering a hairline or closing temples. What I would suggest is to start propecia if possible, or seek the advice of an ethical HT surgeon. You might be better served waiting until your hairloss progresses further in order to try and forecast it properly. Then you can do a session of 2500 to 3500 for 10-14,000 so your price per graft goes down. BTW, did someone tell you that you need 1000 grafts or are you guessing? Perhaps you could post some pictures so we might have a look? Either way, welcome and make sure you look around and ask many questions before you make any decisions.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

I know that Bosely in LA isn't recommended, but surprisingly, their doctors suggested that I go with 800-1200 because I don't want a dramatic difference the first time. My hair is short right now, almost completly shaved, so a picture won't do much good anyways. I still have quite a bit of hair on the area that is thinning or balding, just that those hair are alot thinner than the area that is normal/healthy.

Hasson and Wong quoted me at 4.5 per graft. Is that considered the average or top of the price range? Also is there anything good that is closer to California, or at least in the West Coast?

I don't know about any of the Doc's in the California area. For the west coast, I'd recommend Hasson & Wong in Vancouver, B.C.

As far as your cost per graft goes, it will vary depending on the surgeon and the number of grafts. If you only want between 800-1200 I'd say you'll be between $4-$5 per graft. If you want more you can most likely get a discount on anything over 2000 grafts.

If you have quite a bit of hair on the thinning or balding area...........have you tried propecia (finasteride)? It's proven to regenerate and regrow hair. If you do decide to go with an HT into existing hair be sure to talk with the Doc about potential shock loss to the area you will be transplanting in.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Scooping around,

there are also two other highly recommended docs in AZ to go check out. Have heard great things about Keene and I personally went to Alexander in phoenix and am completely satisfied with my results and am scheduling another procedure for early July. they are both highly recommended on this site as well. They might not get all the same publicity as H&W and Shapiro but that doesn't mean they aren't as good. check them out too

• 2 years later...