"PLEASE" All info on Doc Pistone

Hi peops, I would appreciate any info. I have repeatedly requested info from this forum and not had much luck. On the surface, one would think to pick another Doc who is more popular. But that wouldn't be fair, icon_frown.gif I have checked Doc Pistones credentials out and he seems to be a very skilled HT Doc. The pics on his web site look nice. But I cant find much info or anyone from this forum that has had experiences with him. Please share any info on the recommended Doc Pistone. icon_rolleyes.gif

Hi peops, I would appreciate any info. I have repeatedly requested info from this forum and not had much luck. On the surface, one would think to pick another Doc who is more popular. But that wouldn't be fair, icon_frown.gif I have checked Doc Pistones credentials out and he seems to be a very skilled HT Doc. The pics on his web site look nice. But I cant find much info or anyone from this forum that has had experiences with him. Please share any info on the recommended Doc Pistone. icon_rolleyes.gif

I have an appointment with him next Friday, with him and sales director. He does 2 Ht's a day.

Who did u finally go with? Please any other info from this forum?

It doesn't look like there are a lot of Dr. Pistone's patients here. All you can do is read up on the procedure and educate yourself, and then see if Dr. Pistone seems to make sense for you. Also, ask to see patients in person, and examine them closely. Not just one or two guys who happen to work in the doctor's office.

Try these links for general HT info:

http://www.hairtransplantadviser.org/

http://www.forhair.com/

(especially the "patient's guide" and "other articles")

Then try looking in the "research library" section of this site, for good articles on hairlines and other topics.

Different doctors have different philosophies and approaches. If you went on 6 different consultations, you might get 6 different suggestions on what to do. It's up to you to educate yourself, and then try to sift through all the information, to see what makes sense. Once you've done enough reading you will have some specific ideas of what to ask, what to look for, what to avoid, etc.

One thing you might do, is decide right now that you will not commit to any surgeries during your initial meeting with the doctor and his salesperson. That might take some of the pressure off. If you are feeling rushed at any point while researching or preparing for a surgery, something is not right. This is something that you need to feel certain about... not because you are a "positive thinker" but because you KNOW you did your homework and you know you are making a good decision.

[This message was edited by arfy on April 30, 2003 at 07:04 PM.]

Fabe,

In your original post you said that it wouldn't be "fair" to pick another more popular HT doc in lieu of Dr. Pistone because Dr. Pistone has good credentials. Thousands of lives have been ruined by doctors with "good credentials" who have performed bad hair transplants. Not to say that Dr. Pistone would, or that he wouldn't. But when you consider that you will have to live your entire life with the results of the surgery, what really does "fairness" have to do with it??

Of course it's your life, your hair, your $$$, your choice, so I don't mean to sound meddlesome. But I would encourage you to consider that when you get an HT you are changing your life forever.

What I meant, is that being he is a reccomended Doc, but is not mentioned on the forum much, He could still be very good. icon_rolleyes.gif

Yes, that is true Fabe. It doesn't seem like Dr. Pistone's patients are here in this forum. And it is possible that certain doctors are not on the list who could be, and it's even possible that there are doctors on the list who maybe should not be.

Look at it this way... Pat, the guy who runs this site, is a guy who has transplants. He educated himself about hair transplants and is happy with his experience. He gets exposed to a lot of different doctors' HT work, either in photos or in person, and he makes his recommendations based on his knowledge, who he has been exposed to, etc.

What I am trying to suggest to you, that YOU should do, is learn enough about transplants that you can "be your own Pat" and be able to sift through the information yourself, based on what you've learned. Don't rely on other people to tell you your opinion. You will find that different doctors have different philosophies, methods, personalities, fees, etc etc etc. At some point you should take responsibility for the decision-making process, based on what you've learned.

There is no one-size-fits-all answer to give you, especially because nobody knows the details about your situation, seen your pics, etc. Even if we DID, as I said different people have different opinions (including the doctors... they don't necessarily agree on things).

So it is best to take the bull by the horns, and learn the ins and outs, and start drawing your own conclusions. Once you have more background information on this subject, you will start to have more specific questions, and when you do, feel free to ask them.

It is encouraging to see good photos, I agree, but in reality every halfway decent doc will have at least a few impressive photos. That is just a first step in your decision making process... keep going. Photos can be deceiving, even when they are not trying to be deceiving. This is not a knock on Dr. Pistone whatsoever, I don't know him...

All I am saying here is "dig deep".

Fabe ;

You seem like you have an INTEREST in Dr.Pastone for some reason ?? I've read a few of your posts and Dr.Feller answered questions for you concerning your hairloss pretty straightforward. Now the huge infatuation with Dr. Pastone and his practice and the defending of him when nobody is questioning him.

I'll give you my 2 cents ...after seeing his work in the few pictures seen on here and his site ....I'm hardly impressed AT ALL. But that's only me. It seems like you have alot of other choices in doctors and would be wise in seeking the best fit for YOU.

Myself I'm flying from NYC to Seattle next week and driving to Vancouver for a session with Dr.Hasson. Pictures to follow. icon_wink.gif

Fabe ;

I've looked at Dr. Feller (I would use him),Dr. True (I wouldn't use him because they won't return calls or emails),Dr Ivan Cohen ( I wouldn't use him because of past experience and he STILL Uses Micro/Mini's),Dr.Bernstein ( I wouldn't use him due to price and only does small passes of hair ---you'll need more procedures with them),Dr. Beehner (I wouldn't use him because of mini/mico usage and prices)--If I were you I'd choose Dr.Feller because he's aggressive enough and cost wise is good. icon_razz.gif

Better yet Fabe I would get on a plane and go to Dr.Cole in Atlanta or Hasson&Wong in Vancouver --