Had session on 2/11/01 with Dr.Limmer

pdm68

I returned back home to connecticut from San Antonio this afternoon.I had a approx 1500+ FU session with Dr.Limmer's office yesterday.I won't get into all the basic details but I can tell you that I didn't go wrong by going there.I have read all the rhetoric about stick and place and technicians doing all the work.So,if you reply with all the bashing --It's all useless.I had 1 prior procedure in appprox 1993.It was mini's--I don't know how many to tell you the truth because I was only about 23 at the time.My hair has since recedded much more and these plugs/mini's? where becoming quite noticeable.

I have been researching doctors for about a year now reading and reading more on who,what,where, when on hair transplantation techniques of today.

I found Dr Limmer's office on this site and I have started topics on here about him and I just kept reading more and more.I decide in November of last year that I would go and have a procedure done in San Antonio.

IT's all the same basice stuff as any other office.I felt very little to no pain during the whole procedure.Today I still feel no pain.I didn't take any pain killers just aspirin.MY threshold for pain is high though I may add but I haven't heard of many people having any serious pain from a procedure though.

It's true they utilize the stick and place method.The tech who planted my hair had been working at Dr.Limmer's office for 8 years.(In hindsight the Doctor who did my first procedure just sent me a brochure stating "He was the 1st doctor in Connecticut to bring Follicular Unit Transplants to Connecticut") To make my point here the girl who planted my hair has worked with Follicuar Units only and if you look at most doctors they are just starting to utilize them.

Dr.Limmer removed the strip and the techs started cutting.I was sutured up with Disolvable sutures and the procedure began at about 9am.During the whole procedure Dr.Limmer was in the room at least every 20-30 mins if not shorter and was always asking how I felt and checking and rechecking the work being done.I was done at approx 5pm.

The procedure itself went like a charm.I look forward to great results but time will tell.

Do yourself a huge favor and look at Dr.Brad Limmer or his father if your seriously looking to get a top quality procedure done.I've sent out pictures to MANY of the doctors on this site.I've had consultations with a few doctors on this site.Dr.Limmer is a great way to go if your looking for a quality transplant procedure.In my opinion.

And last but not least..Dr.Limmer is a VERY GENUINE Doctor and person.He will sit and talk to you and answer any question that you may have.I work in a prison ( for all you bashers out there) so I know when people are truly genuine and who bullsh** and Dr.Limmer is for real.That smile you see in the picture is him from what I saw the whole day yesterday.

Any serious questions I will answer email me at --pdm68@yahoo.com ---

icon_razz.gif

Dear Pdm,

I am happy for you that everything went well. I was wondering if you could educate me about stick and place method. I just had 800 FU done 2 weeks ago, and the surgeon used a BLADE, and the incision were made very fast, But, I was watching the discovery channel on Sunday on HT, and Dr B. was using something like a stick which made a clear circular impression on the scalp, and hence lots of scabs and possible swellingbecause of tissue trauma post op. In addition, he was making the incisions at a much slower pace than my doc. I barely formed any scabs and no swelling at all. I dont think the final result is any different. But am curious to find out more about pro's and Con's of each technique.

Thank you,

al

While you were under the knife, (er under the needle) I was having my consult with Dr. Brad!

I recall reading here that you were scheduled for your procedue that day, but it didn't dawn on me until I left the office that was prolly you...

Anyway, thanks for letting me look in during your surgery. I too was very impressed with Dr. Brad Limmer and don't think I could go wrong with him.

I am pretty lucky to present as a Norwood 2-3a I guess, but in some ways I need to be more careful since it is all up front,hairline work.

I have seen Dr. Straub and liked him too. I want to see one more HT Doc(McAndrews)then I will schedule my procedure. icon_cool.gif

[This message was edited by jp on February 13, 2002 at 05:59 PM.]

Yes it is a small world JP !!! I didn't know you were on here at this site. Anyway,day 3 and very minimal swelling,grafts are getting very very itchy --I don't think you can go wrong with Dr.Limmer to tell you the truth.The staff was great,the doctor is very knowledgeable and the price can't be beat.Add all that together and it's a winner for me.You could go to many other quality doctors but for the whole package I wouldn't sway anyone from Dr.Limmer's office.

• Administrators

pdm68,

Congratulations on your surgery and for sharing your story.

You've been a regular and appreciated poster on this site since the Fall of last year and it is great to see make the leap successfully.

I know we all be interested in hearing how things progress for you.

I did get the photo you emailed to me. I sent it on to my programer for uploading. It was a bit blurry but I think people well get a feel from it.

Could you send me your email again, however, so I can email you the url of your photo once it is up loaded?

My email is pat@hairtransplantnetwork.com

Best wishes for a speedy recovery - Pat

Thanks for reading this post. But it's your posts that make this discussion group real and vital. Please jump into the discussion. Just pick a topic and click the reply button.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.