What happens when you are 70 years old?

• Administrators

Note - This message was recopied by Pat the editor from the original discussion group to this vastly improved online community.

The name of orginal poster and the date posted are listed below:

Date: 4/23/01

Time: 3:44:24 AM

Remote Name: 144.134.72.33

Comments

I'm just wondering what a HT will look like when I am 70. I see a lot of older guys with only a little whisk of hair on their head. Even in the back of the head their hair is so thin that you can see right through to the scalp. I don't think anyone would have enough donor area to cover a whole head.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

Note - This message was recopied by Pat the editor from the original discussion group to this vastly improved online community.

The name of orginal poster and the date posted are listed below:

Date: 4/23/01

Time: 3:44:24 AM

Remote Name: 144.134.72.33

Comments

I'm just wondering what a HT will look like when I am 70. I see a lot of older guys with only a little whisk of hair on their head. Even in the back of the head their hair is so thin that you can see right through to the scalp. I don't think anyone would have enough donor area to cover a whole head.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

• Administrators

Date: 5/7/01

Time: 11:49:50 PM

Remote Name: 12.81.192.143

Comments

You bring up an important point. Most of us are familar with the claim that "your newly transplanted hair will last a life time". This claim is based on the proven fact that hair that is relocated from the donor area where the hair is genetically programed to resist balding will retain these characteristics even though now relocated to the top. This is called "donor dominance". To be technical and more accurate the claim should really be that your newly transplanted hair will last as long on top as it would have if left in the back where men typically do not bald. So the claim "will last a life time" while largely true is not absolutely true. So while a person may over a long period of time experience a very modest amount of thinning late in life in the new hair I don't think it is really a problem. My new hair has not thinned one bit in four years and I'm really not worried about it thinning. Perhaps in 20 or 30 years it may thin a bit if my hair in the very lower back of my head does. But I can live with that. Thanks for the great question. Pat

icon_rolleyes.gif

My Hair Loss Blog