Post surgical scalp numbness

• Administrators

Note - This message was recopied by Pat the editor from the original discussion group to this vastly improved online community.

The name of orginal poster and the date posted are listed below:

Date: 6/21/01

Time: 8:41:05 AM

Remote Name: 205.188.192.186

Comments

On the subject of numbness, I undestand it comes back in 3 to 6 months. It takes time for the nerves to regenerate. Initially I thouht they were just talking about the donner site with the stitches but we are also talking about the transplanted area. It feels like a little numb cap. It will all come back and your feeling will be normal, give it a little time. Maybe this would be a good time to get some new body armor inserted like a head spike. Just joking! Got to have some humor in all this crazy stuff icon_smile.gif

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

Note - This message was recopied by Pat the editor from the original discussion group to this vastly improved online community.

The name of orginal poster and the date posted are listed below:

Date: 6/21/01

Time: 8:41:05 AM

Remote Name: 205.188.192.186

Comments

On the subject of numbness, I undestand it comes back in 3 to 6 months. It takes time for the nerves to regenerate. Initially I thouht they were just talking about the donner site with the stitches but we are also talking about the transplanted area. It feels like a little numb cap. It will all come back and your feeling will be normal, give it a little time. Maybe this would be a good time to get some new body armor inserted like a head spike. Just joking! Got to have some humor in all this crazy stuff icon_smile.gif

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

• Administrators

It is normal for a person to experience numbness in the graft recipient area and in the donor area after surgery. The amount of time this numbness lasts and the degree of numbness seems to vary from patient to patient and surgeon to surgeon.

My experience was that the numbness on the top of my head gradually went away over the course of about a month. The numbness in the donor area, although not troubling or uncomfortable, took longer to go completely away - as long as a few months in the case of one of my surgeries.

At this point, two plus years after my last procedure, I can not feel even any residual feeling that I ever did surgery.

My Hair Loss Blog