Used Propecia and Minoxidil - now looking for a great hair transplant Doc

• Administrators

Note - This message was recopied by Pat the editor from the original discussion group to this vastly improved online community.

The name of orginal poster and the date posted are listed below:

24 yrs. old and freaked

Date: 6/26/01

Time: 5:42:15 AM

Remote Name: 64.12.96.107

Comments

I have tried both propecia and monoxidil but both have had little positive effects. Propecia seemed to slow my hair loss, but because I've lost so much hair already I wanted to try something that would help it regrow, even if just a little. Monoxidil hasn't worked at all to this point and I've been taking it for about 5 months. I've now turned to researching hair transplants and your site has been extremely helpful (thanks Pat). But still I'm very unsure about going through with this because, as someone stated earlier, I'd rather be bald (even though it bugs the hell out of me) than be butchered for life. Shapiro sounds like a great choice and I'm willing to travel anywhere for the best but it all seems to good to be true. If you ask any doctor for a sampling of their work of course they're going to show you their best. Will any any doctor, including Shapiro, show a true sample? Will any doctor tell you the real odds of success? Is 24 too young? I'd appreciate any feedback because I don't know if I'll ever have enough confidence in a doctor to go through with this even though a successful transplant would completely change my life.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

Note - This message was recopied by Pat the editor from the original discussion group to this vastly improved online community.

The name of orginal poster and the date posted are listed below:

24 yrs. old and freaked

Date: 6/26/01

Time: 5:42:15 AM

Remote Name: 64.12.96.107

Comments

I have tried both propecia and monoxidil but both have had little positive effects. Propecia seemed to slow my hair loss, but because I've lost so much hair already I wanted to try something that would help it regrow, even if just a little. Monoxidil hasn't worked at all to this point and I've been taking it for about 5 months. I've now turned to researching hair transplants and your site has been extremely helpful (thanks Pat). But still I'm very unsure about going through with this because, as someone stated earlier, I'd rather be bald (even though it bugs the hell out of me) than be butchered for life. Shapiro sounds like a great choice and I'm willing to travel anywhere for the best but it all seems to good to be true. If you ask any doctor for a sampling of their work of course they're going to show you their best. Will any any doctor, including Shapiro, show a true sample? Will any doctor tell you the real odds of success? Is 24 too young? I'd appreciate any feedback because I don't know if I'll ever have enough confidence in a doctor to go through with this even though a successful transplant would completely change my life.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.