Hair Loss and Weight Training Supplements?

I've been weight training for quite some time now and take a number of nutrional supplements. I'm curious as to whether any of them may be contributing to my hair loss(i haven't particularly noticed any difference since i started taking them). I currently take whey protein, creatine, glutamine, a caffeine/willow bark/ephedra stacker, and GABA(Gamma Aminobutyric Acid).

I've deliberately stayed away from the steriod-ish pro-hormones, which seemed a bit sketchy. However, the point of a number of these (e.g. glutamine, GABA), is to increase the level of "growth hormone" for . Is growth hormone in the context they are using it in any way related to DHT and/or hair loss? Furthermore, I'm considering ordering Proscar, and was wondering if I should be wary of anything.

Thanks!

p.s. I posted a similar question to the hair treatment list, sorry for any repetitions icon_smile.gif

I've been weight training for quite some time now and take a number of nutrional supplements. I'm curious as to whether any of them may be contributing to my hair loss(i haven't particularly noticed any difference since i started taking them). I currently take whey protein, creatine, glutamine, a caffeine/willow bark/ephedra stacker, and GABA(Gamma Aminobutyric Acid).

I've deliberately stayed away from the steriod-ish pro-hormones, which seemed a bit sketchy. However, the point of a number of these (e.g. glutamine, GABA), is to increase the level of "growth hormone" for . Is growth hormone in the context they are using it in any way related to DHT and/or hair loss? Furthermore, I'm considering ordering Proscar, and was wondering if I should be wary of anything.

Thanks!

p.s. I posted a similar question to the hair treatment list, sorry for any repetitions icon_smile.gif

• 3 months later...

I'm a personal trainer and at 24 have been experiencing hair loss. I too take Glutamine/protein and occasionally creatine but I see no correlation between those products and hair loss. Remember hair loss is "genetic" you either got it or you don't. NOw several things can actually advance it like steroid use and, I would say, that pro-hormone stuff so I would avoid those at all costs.

hope this helps...