transition zone hairline

As you might know, an original hairline has much finer hairs than the ones that are in your donor-area. How is this best solved when you want to have good hairline-work??

Can this be 'solved' by graduations of density? i mean if you would go for 80 grafts/cm2, would it be better to put 50g/cm2 in the first 2mm, than put 65 in the next two and go to 80 behind that or will that look stupid?

Couldnt it be possible to get the finer hairs with FUE in the neck-area and behind and above the ears, and like that create the appearance of a natural hairline when you go for high density?

I find this a critical point when you are doing hairline AND temple-work. If you have very thick hair, that might look a little weird when it goes from thin hair to thick hair at once.

Check out the pic. You can easily see where the HT begins. Cant this be taken care of with those finer hairs? Or i am trying to be too optimistic?

Sorry if i didnt made myself understood, it is hard to go technical in a language that isnt mine.

Greetz.

hairline.jpg.7d0828b65a86dac389f5eb0dd03ffaa1.jpg

Pictures of my hairloss can be found here:

http://www.geocities.com/belgiumdude2004/

As you might know, an original hairline has much finer hairs than the ones that are in your donor-area. How is this best solved when you want to have good hairline-work??

Can this be 'solved' by graduations of density? i mean if you would go for 80 grafts/cm2, would it be better to put 50g/cm2 in the first 2mm, than put 65 in the next two and go to 80 behind that or will that look stupid?

Couldnt it be possible to get the finer hairs with FUE in the neck-area and behind and above the ears, and like that create the appearance of a natural hairline when you go for high density?

I find this a critical point when you are doing hairline AND temple-work. If you have very thick hair, that might look a little weird when it goes from thin hair to thick hair at once.

Check out the pic. You can easily see where the HT begins. Cant this be taken care of with those finer hairs? Or i am trying to be too optimistic?

Sorry if i didnt made myself understood, it is hard to go technical in a language that isnt mine.

Greetz.

Yes, it is possible to have graduated density in the hairline. In fact, that is what a natural hairline is supposed to have. As you know the the hairline is the make or break of most hair transplant cases. So the primary goal is to have the hairline look as natural as possible. This is accomplished by using single hairs (follicles) in a jagged (irregular) pattern up front followed closely by an increasing density of 1, 2, and 3 hair folliclar units in that order. The hairline in the photo above can be softened dramatically with properly placed single hair follicular units.

Thanks for the replies, you are very right about the hairline being the most important. Behind it, the concern is more density, but it in the hairline, everything has to be good.

I also asked this in the post i posted in post your own topics ( post post post... ), doesnt the guy in the pic only have single hair FU/s in the hairline?

Thanks

Greetz.

Hair that is transplanted is generally more course and of a different diameter (meaning thicker) than normal existing hair found on the scalp: especially in the hairline.

In the photo ??“ it looks like single hairs were only used; however, because this poster has from what it looks like, thick hair, you can see (although only to the trained eye) where the temple region meets the hairline.

You can also see this example in one of Jotronic's photos. Notice how the hair in his temple is thicker than what nature intended. For those who are not balding in that region, look in the mirror and you will notice that your hair is softer and finer than his.

The only real remedy to soften either photo: have the doctor pick thinner hair from other areas of the scalp using the FUE procedure. BUT, if the patient has thick hair from most other regions of the scalp, this would not even be possible, unless you were to select hair from the nape of the neck. But this is not always such a good idea because it may cause scaring, even with FUE.

Nature only supplies the hairs you need for a perfect hairline in the hairline. Once there gone from balding, there gone: as seen in both photos. You can only mimic nature so much.

buzzright.gif.13177a1e0fef98a33abe759635fb6368.gif

As you have the same hailoss as cureus has, how many FUE of those finer hairs would one need to create the most natural-looking hairline and temples?

I really hope someone can give an estimate on this one.

Thanks

Greetz.

this is often something of a paraodx. It is true, hair transplanted hair will be more abrupt and coarse than a person with a natural head of hair, but if the density is too sparse, that too will look unnatural. As you will still have the coarse hair, just spaced in a way that looks unnatural. I think there is a leve lof compromise. Maybe slightly less density, fort the hairline, but not so much it just looks like your hairline suffered a forest fire sparing a few thick oaks.