considering having the surg.

Is this their website?

http://www.need-hair.com/faq.php

If so, I think you can do better. You want a clinic that uses all "Follicular Unit Grafts". According to their website, the Medical Hair Institute only use the "FU" grafts in the very frontal hairline. That is not good. Other grafts besides FUs tend to look pluggy and should not be used. Clinics like this one take the approach that "only the front hairline needs to look very natural". I disagree, I think the WHOLE HEAD needs to look natural. Don't you? Or do people only see you from one angle?

Sadly, the reason that many clinics do not use all-FU grafts only is because they make more money by using Minigrafts as often as possible. FUs take longer, so even though they look better, the clinic can do more patients if they use older techniques like Minigrafts.

Be careful, only a small percentage of clinics do excellent hair transplants. An "okay" one will not be very convincing, so don't waste your money, go for the best. And by the way, the best guys are not always the most expensive.

Read this, then keep reading and asking questions: Best Hair Transplant Procedure

Make sure that you pick a clinic that uses microscopes to dissect grafts, stereo-microscopes!

If I where you I would have ask them to see several patients that had surgery there. In fact I suggest you should do more shopping around and insist on seeing their results on real patients. Seeing real patients that had work done will tell you more than a 1000 words on this board.

If I had known about this site before my HT I would have probably ended up with a surgeon that does full FU only because most members here are in favour of this technique.

So I ended up with a great German doc who does micro's and guess what ... the results are just amazing ! As I mentioned somewhere else on the board I attended a meeting that had patients from several facilities with mixed techniques used (mini, full fu, micro with laser). All agreed that the work done on me gave equal results like patients that had full FU done. In fact there was a French doc there who does full FU that could swear I had Full FU !

So again, go out there and see for yourselve what they promise and what they deliver !

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.