Recommended Clinics Required to Present their Patient Results on this Forum

• Administrators

Patients deserve to see the ongoing patient results of any clinic they are considering. All clinics recommended on the Hair Transplant Network will soon be given a strong incentive to post impressive patient results on this forum on a monthly basis in order to maintain their recommended status.

In the age of online accountability and transparency, no clinic can expect to earn the respect of the online patient community without sharing impressive patient results on a regular basis. This community is interested in promoting only those clinics that can and will publicly present impressive patient results on an ongoing basis.

Note to recommended clinics ??“ all patient photos that you post on this forum will also be added to your recommendation page and the Hair Transplant Network photo gallery by our webmaster. You will then be able manage and deactivate any of your patient photos by logging into your online admin area.

We look forward to seeing hundreds of impressive patient results posted on this forum by all recommended clinics in the coming months.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Bravo. IMO, this is huge and I can imagine not the easiest route to ultimately go.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

• Administrators

Joe,

I expect clinics to follow the lead of H & W and other leading clinics who have been actively presenting impressive work and post both albums with immediate post op results and also albums with completed results from A to Z. I also expect that photo albums will include plenty of useful detail such as donor strip measurements, graft and hair counts and estimated densities.

I will be sending written guidelines and instructions to all recommended physicians in the coming week.

I hope that the members of this forum will help us actively monitor the albums that just have immediate post ops and request follow up photos over time.

Onwards and Upwards, Pat

P.S. thanatopsis_awry, I agree that this is going to be huge and will take accountability and transparency to an even higher level. There will be no resting on laurels, plaques or diplomas on this results based community.

• Like 1

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Like Pat said, the leading clinics (Shapiro, Feller, Hasson and Wong) also in other words Janna, Spex, Jotronic, have pretty much been doing it all along. It would be nice to see all doctors participate in this manner... I like it!

You only live once...

• Administrators

Arrie,

It will certainly be no issue for leading clinics to meet these requirements. Those who want to earn the respect and business of the online patient community need to be actively involved with our community. Visibility can be bought online with banners and click ads but credibility must be earned. That is the culture of the Internet.

Creating photo albums is as easy as creating an email with attached photos. There is no valid reason for a clinic to not post their patient results each and every month.

Those who are not willing to do so will need to consider promoting themselves with sandwich boards, newspaper ads or perhaps message banners streaming behind airplanes.

My Hair Loss Blog

Pat and I have been discussing this for some time and it's now time to put our plans into action.

There is nothing more valuable for the seeking patients than to see consistency in results when researching hair transplant surgeons. We are a patient based community and believe in recommending only surgeons who provide only the best results and meet our high level of standards.

Uploading photos through our forum software is about as easy as sending photos as an attachment through email. Clinics should have no problem doing this however, it will require some to get out of their comfort zones and learn something new icon_smile.gif. I will be working with our recommended clinics and assisting them with this process for all who need help. It is however, ultimately the responsibility of the clinic to collect and present their own photos.

Physicians who continually do good work should have no problem meeting these requirements. Those who can't meet this benchmark will no longer be recommended on the Hair Transplant Network.

Here's to a higher level of physician accountability and transparency, always putting the patient first on the Hair Transplant Network.

Best wishes,

Bill

Visibility can be bought online with banners and click ads but credibility must be earned. That is the culture of the Internet.

Priceless I couldn't of said it better even if I tried, this is a great benefit for all hair loss sufferers. I also believe many clinics will benefit from this also ie a doctor like Dr. Konier consistent amazing work just not enough of it seen on the internet...

You only live once...

This change is OUTSTANDING!!!

It really shows alot about this site .

It would have been very easy to keep things the same .

Doctors might bitch at first but if their work is solid they will rewarded

Not every clinic is booked up to 3-4 months ,but that could possibly change for some.

You just earned an even higher level of respect in my eyes.

Pat,

I commend you for taking this action! I've always believed that this site helps to separate the good from the bad and the great from the good, and this only reinforces the intent of this site: to provide a list of the top Hair Transplant doctors in the world who are not afraid to disclose their work, be subject to scrutiny and receive direct patient feedback (both good and bad).

Well done and I look forward to seeing further evidence of the top doctors and perhaps even a bit curious to see who can not meet these new standards (and why).

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

I want to commend Bill, our Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator, for doing an excellent job of getting virtually all physicians who are recommended on this community to post every month in the forum " Results Posted by Leading Hair Restoration Clinics ". This past month, October, all but only one recommended clinic posted an album showing their patient results. This is unprecedented and goes a long way toward getting ALL of the physicians recommended on this community active on this forum - rather than just a few!

Onwards and Upwards, Pat

My Hair Loss Blog

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Would it be possible to add an additional column called surgeon? It's a great function and this change would make it easier to search for specific clinics etc...?

Cheers for doing a great job chaps!

Baron77

• 1 year later...

I applaud the intention and I completely agree with need for added transparency. I wonder though if at some point you run the risk of doctors thinking this website causes them more grief than good. I bet less than 5% of their patients come via this forum.

I think what this policy may do is to weed out the mediocre shops, but it may also knock off a couple of good shops that just don't want to make the effort.

• 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...

The benefit of representation and transparency will only help those who suffer most from hair loss.

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am a representative of MyWHTC clinic in Brussels, Belgium.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available in Brussels for no fee

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 6 months later...

Hi everyone. I'm new to the site. I know there is alot of info about surgeons on here, but wondering if anyone knows of sites that specialize in doctor or surgeon reviews? Also is there a way to look up if there are any formal complaints about a doc/surgeon? and/or lawsuits?

Thank you.