PROPECIA

I AM LEARY ABOUT TAKING DRUGS. MY WIFE AND I WANT TO START A FAMILY IN 1-2 YRS. IS THERE ANY RISK WITH REGARDS TO FAMILY PLANNING AND PREGNANCY. MY HAIR IS MILDLY THINNING ON TOP AND STARTING TO RECEDE. I HAD A TRANSPLANT OF 280 GRAFTS AT BOSLEY 1 YEAR AGO AND AM HAPPY. I'M WEIGHING THE OPTION OF ANOTHER TRANSPLANT OR THE DRUGS.

MATT

I AM LEARY ABOUT TAKING DRUGS. MY WIFE AND I WANT TO START A FAMILY IN 1-2 YRS. IS THERE ANY RISK WITH REGARDS TO FAMILY PLANNING AND PREGNANCY. MY HAIR IS MILDLY THINNING ON TOP AND STARTING TO RECEDE. I HAD A TRANSPLANT OF 280 GRAFTS AT BOSLEY 1 YEAR AGO AND AM HAPPY. I'M WEIGHING THE OPTION OF ANOTHER TRANSPLANT OR THE DRUGS.

MATT

There is no evidence that a man taking Propecia will have any adverse effect on the fetus if his wife becomes pregnant, although the instructions are very specific that the woman should not handle the pills in any way. Here in Los Angeles the Merck representaive to our office is a woman who was until recently pregnant (she had a boy), and her husband was on Propecia throughout the entire time that they were trying to have a baby.