Propecia side effects

I have been taking propecia for 5 years, but started to have sexual side effects a year ago. I have stopped taking the propecia several times and the side effects go away. The only problem is that without propecia my hair will fall out completely if i stop. Currently I am taking spironolactone and Xandrox. Does anyone have any suggestions such as another systemic or topical anti-androgen? Or possibly something that offsets the propecia, I have heard that Lysine is used in that manner. Any help would be much appreciated.

I have been taking propecia for 5 years, but started to have sexual side effects a year ago. I have stopped taking the propecia several times and the side effects go away. The only problem is that without propecia my hair will fall out completely if i stop. Currently I am taking spironolactone and Xandrox. Does anyone have any suggestions such as another systemic or topical anti-androgen? Or possibly something that offsets the propecia, I have heard that Lysine is used in that manner. Any help would be much appreciated.

I doubt the Propecia is causing your problem, because it doesn't take 5 years for side effects to show up. You would have had problems years ago, if you were succeptible.

Lysine supposedly can make Propecia and Minoxidil more effective. It has nothing to with side effects. Maybe you are thinking of arginine, which doesn't have anything to do with Propecia specifically, but supposedly can help some men achieve firmer erections. (I believe it can raise the level of nitric oxide in the bloodstream.)

I'm not convinced your letter is legitimate. For someone who's been using Propecia for "5 years" as you claim, you don't know much about it.