Dr. Harris FUE

Here are some pics of grafts removed by Dr. Harris using a .75mm punch.

Please note he was able to remove 1,2,3 and 4 hair grafts using the same punch.

img_0424.jpg

img_0427_1.jpg

img_0433_1.jpg

img_0435_1.jpg

Thanks,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Here are some pics of grafts removed by Dr. Harris using a .75mm punch.

Please note he was able to remove 1,2,3 and 4 hair grafts using the same punch.

img_0424.jpg

img_0427_1.jpg

img_0433_1.jpg

img_0435_1.jpg

Thanks,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Originally posted by the B spot:

img_0433_1.jpg

Thanks,

J

Sorry, man, but I dont buy this. these holes are not .75mm.

They look way too large.

2 things--- #1, that is the information posted by Dr. Harris's representative on another site, and #2, I find it hard to believe you can measure the donor sites pictured here to discern the extraction sites are larger than .75mm

However, I am not compensated in anyway by Dr. Harris, so feel free to offer your opinion, but please post something definitive when accusing one of our recommended clinics of falsely representing photos.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Here are pics of a .75mm punch and a 1mm punch.

Perhaps this will tell the true tale

sizediff1mmvs1.jpg

markedsizedifference1.jpg

The sites marked with a blue circle are 1mm, the others .75.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

B Spot,

I am kind of confused by your post and response to Jolly. Are you implying that this is quality work??

This looks horrible to me but maybe I am not fully educated on fue? It doesn't look like there is any way in hell that this guy won't have badly visible scarring with anything under a #4 and the recipient area doesn't look refined. Maybe I'm wrong?? Dunno?

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Looks like a full choke # 8 blast with a 12 quage at 15' in back and a setup for more in front . Real nice.

What is the master plan ? How is that for definative. If you don't see the future problems here something is wrong.

This is in violate of H/T 101.

He now has two horns and a tail to look forward to .

If this has become a sales site that would really suck.

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.

Originally posted by Aquarius:

Looks like a full choke # 8 blast with a 12 quage at 15'in back and a setup for more in front . Real nice.

What is the master plan ?

Nah...........it was #9 shot, they were shooting skeet icon_biggrin.gif!

NN - I'm far from an expert (or even close to one) on FUE, but to me it doesn't look too bad for FUE post op. Maybe due to the "clean-shaven" look of he donor area so no hair stubble stands out? I'm not sure.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Originally posted by the B spot:

2 things--- #1, that is the information posted by Dr. Harris's representative on another site, and #2, I find it hard to believe you can measure the donor sites pictured here to discern the extraction sites are larger than .75mm

However, I am not compensated in anyway by Dr. Harris, so feel free to offer your opinion, but please post something definitive when accusing one of our recommended clinics of falsely representing photos.

Take Care,

J

Cool down man.

If you think this is .75mm state it.

I said what I felt it looked like.

Am I supposed to gather evidence before stating my opinion just because this doc happens to be an advertiser?!

That was not the impression I got earlier.

And BTW, looking at this pix if you feel the holes are .75mm, man, you really need to give your measuring scale a new, long and respectful stare. icon_frown.gif Maybe, mathematix was not your forte.

img_0433_1.jpg

I'll readily admit that I don't know much about fue so maybe I should have kept my mouth shut. I would like to see both the donor and recipient area months down the road.

My guess though is that the donor scars would have to be visible when the hair is short. Wouldn't it look freakier than a solid obvious linear scar? It kind of looks like a new Titleist concept ball to test areodynamics. Is this tour legal?? icon_smile.gif

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

IMO...from constant reading on fue I would run from any doc using only on punch size....especially for 2,3,4 hair fu's....run! For fue go with a doc that uses customized size punch for your follicular units your are paying a major premium for Fue procedure so I would advise you look into getting the best work for this ultra expensive procedure. I can't wait to see the 3000-fue same day live session (+-5% transecting rate) at the ishrs or eshrs that is supposedly going to happen soon. In closing I do not have Dr.Harris on my short list for Fue.

I have been asking for pics of Doctor Harris fue work for a while.

I found some.

I posted them.

I think they show the difference between .75 and 1mm punches.

It would seem from the post-op pic that perhaps 1mm and .75mm punches were used. I cannot say for sure, as Jolly pointed out.

However, I apparently need stronger math skills to see that one hole looks smaller than the other.

I think Dr. Harris does some very nice work and I think his blunt punch/sharp punch SAFE method produces intact grafts, which you can see.

They posted this post-op pic of the patient so you can see the healing process.

1.jpg

We ask and clamor for more pictures and work from our recommended docs. I find some of this work and post it.

I am hear to neither defend or promote his work, other than to offer my personal opinion and possibly debate what others have posted in response to my comments or others.

This is not a SALES site, like some have suggested, and if I could get more patient photos of the unconcerned clinics I would post those as well.

Here's a thought, Look at the work. Comment on that. Leave the other petty shit out.

Jolly-- I did not mean to necessarily come down on you... the Dr. Harris rep posted the size of the punch used.. so until they post otherwise, I am inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

You have to understand as well that a .75mm punch is the INSIDE diameter of the punch and an addition .25mm makes up the outside diameter of the punch. Thus a 1mm punch will actually leave a 1.25mm wide extraction point. My math is cool, but I probably should have shared that with you. My fault.

Anyway, I will try to answer any FUE questions I can, If I don't know, I will try to find out.

There are others who are more knowledgeable, so hopefully they will chime in.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Hey Bspot,

Guess I got a bit sensitive yesterday.

Maybe you are right after all.

We need to give the docs and their reps benefit of dout.

BTW, your explanation makes sense. If its the inside dia they mention the hole will be larger.

OTOH, have you seen jk's donor sites from Dr. Arvind. They look so much more tinier.

I wish when the reps post pictures they put something in the pix so that we can get an idea of how big the hole really is. A scale or a numbered needle, anything like that...

5741073513_2DF3DCEDF2345EE765F85C688CC9FA30.jpg

Your right, these extraction sites look smaller.

However, two things to note.... The pics of Dr. Harris's work are immediate post-op, that is to say, the extraction sites have not constricted or began the healing process.

If you not the follow-up pics, the holes are significantly reduced and have formed some scabs.

I cannot prove disprove anything here in JK pics because I was not there, but I find it hard to believe any doctor would extract FUE grafts with less than a .7mm or .75mm punch/needle. The rate of transection would be horrid, UNLESS the patient was cherrypicked using only fine 1 hair grafts and some fine 2 hair grafts. It may be possible for a doc to use a .6mm puch at that point (MAYBE)

In addition, JK's photo's are a bit ambiguous in the fact that he had 3 DAYS of extractions, yet the pics show the donor immediately AFTER extraction?

I agree the holes are small, but I think the follow-up pic of Dr. Harris is as good, minus the .45mm needle to measure against the extraction sites.

It could be that Dr. A uses a needle to remove the grafts which causes less wide sites, but I am under the impression that grafts removed in the manner are subject to more force trauma during removal (pulling them with forceps) and depth control is difficult to maintain as well.

Good Discussion,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

I agree that the initial pictures posted don't look great.

As to whether he used a .75mm punch, I don't think we can determine that by the photos.

Though I do see a differences from the supposed .75mm and the 1mm punches that B Spot posted.

Keep in mind everyone, that B Spot is posting these because he wanted to see some of Dr. Harris' work. He is not compensated by the clinic to post these...he is doing this for educational purposes and to try to shed to light his work.

Any opinions, good or bad, are always welcome regarding any clinics work.

However, I think we all have to remember (though there is no real way to prove whether or not the punch wa .75mm from a picture) that these are immediately post op pictures. Since healing has only just begun, one cannot really evaluate what the scarring will look like, so we really must give it time.

However, as to whether or not Dr. Harris is really using a .75mm punch...perhaps more detail can be given to us by the clinic directly. I'm not sure how they can "prove" this...perhaps with a video of a procedure, but who knows.

Bill

I guess I jumped the gun thinking only a .75mm punch was used (I assumed the .75 was the inner circle making this about .9-1.05mm outer). But again with Fue it sucks that we don't have a ton of case studies....many docs do their own thing punch/technique wise and that makes it even harder on us the consumer to make out what the "F" is really going on w/Fue. And B-Spot I know what you mean about the tissue shirking the punch even within 24hrs making comparing even harder, so good point. So Dr.Harris got unnecessary slack but the post op pic didn't look great any way. B-Spot you seem to really like Fue from Dr.Rose any links to some pics? I have an idea of who I like for Fue but I feel like it's a major guess...and that sucks.

I think HairLossCure can come up with something for us.

Your right, Scholar- I look Dr. Rose for FUE.

Another couple of docs to look at are Harris, Feller and Wolf.

dr C.ole still uses larger diameter punches and I have not seen anything from Umar that puts him on this list.

I am hearing some good things about Dr. Bisanga and a doctor located in the southern US.

I will not recommend them until I see some patient photos from patients themselves.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs