My FUT 2.5 months post op summary

KP

Just wanted to add my experience of 550 grafts to my frontal hairline performed in mid-feb.

-Procedure was painless. Was in at 8 and out at 2.

-I had no swelling, but did ice a lot (also had anti-inflamatory rx).

-For first few days I wore a cap, and 1 week later felt comfortable w/o it.

-Donor area stitches dissolved after 2 weeks, and that area is still a little tender (not a problem)

-Mild redness has slowly faded; however, i still have some acne in the transplanted area occasionally.

-Numbness is fading, and was never a problem.

-I had minimal shock fallout

-I can now see some tiny hairs coming in, but is hard to detect since transplant was in my existing hairline.

-I have had some itiching over the past 2 weeks

-No one (co-workers, roommates, girlfriends) has ever noticed anything!

- Now i'm just waiting to see some growth by mid-summer

Hope this helps. Curious if Midnite can respond w/ how he is progressing?????

kp

Just wanted to add my experience of 550 grafts to my frontal hairline performed in mid-feb.

-Procedure was painless. Was in at 8 and out at 2.

-I had no swelling, but did ice a lot (also had anti-inflamatory rx).

-For first few days I wore a cap, and 1 week later felt comfortable w/o it.

-Donor area stitches dissolved after 2 weeks, and that area is still a little tender (not a problem)

-Mild redness has slowly faded; however, i still have some acne in the transplanted area occasionally.

-Numbness is fading, and was never a problem.

-I had minimal shock fallout

-I can now see some tiny hairs coming in, but is hard to detect since transplant was in my existing hairline.

-I have had some itiching over the past 2 weeks

-No one (co-workers, roommates, girlfriends) has ever noticed anything!

- Now i'm just waiting to see some growth by mid-summer

Hope this helps. Curious if Midnite can respond w/ how he is progressing?????

kp

Hey KP,

Thanx for the update. OK...so here's where I'm at.

Refresh: 2800 FU's on Feb 4th. Unfortunately, I was one of those where if it could happend it did. Lots of swelling (even though I iced ALOT), a couple of larger scabs took 4 weeks to heal, tremendous amount of shock loss with previous old plugs AND in the donor area. I still have quite a few FU's that never shed...but are not growing yet either. Not to worried about that.

Now the good news...Everything eventually healed. Ha Ha...I worked from home for 4 weeks (only planned 2) and was real nervous when I finally went back. BUT...nobody, not even my parents...have said a word. We are our own worst critics.

I do believe I see some new growth. Very, Very fine hairs basically unmanageable at this time in front and some towards the crown. Most of my FU's were put upfront.

Donor area is looking better. I THINK some of the shock loss my be coming back, but its hard to tell at this time. I keep the hair around the sides and back long enough to cover the still healing scar (its still a little red).

I'm starting to get encouraged now. I hate the waiting, but everybody says that's the worst part. Well, I'm here to TOTALLY AGREE.

I cannot wait for two more months to see whats there.

I logged on to this site several times a week just to keep up with everybody. I will try and keep you posted.

thanx - Midnite

My gosh Midnite that is most positive I have heard you do date post op. I look forward to the next couple of months hearing from you.

Take care

Hey Ron,

Yeah...based on the posts I've read on this site, I think I had a tougher time than most. Evidently, in my later years now, I don't heal very fast. ha ha :-)

I'm at that point in the process now where I just pray every day that the growth will come in as good as some of the pictures on this site. If it does I will be most happy.

I keep in touch via email with my Dr. I continue to ask questions and he continues to reply to everyone of them. I feel comfortable at this time.

I just hate the waiting period, but I know its the hardest time.

I look forward to posting my progress and to continue reading about your progress and other's progress as well.

thanx

-Midnite