2249 FUT grafts - Dr. True - NY

Thought I'd post a few full face shots to show what people are seeing when they look at me straight on as of now. I have to say...when looking at the top shots, it still is looking thinner then I want, but it's still early, but from the front hairline, I almost look normal icon_wink.gif. I also added a shot of me at Dr. Katz's office before any surgery. Compare the hairlines. I believe, however, that I did lose some of my native hair since then, but the grafted hair seems to be making up for the loss.

Comments?

Bill

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting to look good Bill. I like the hairline. It frames you face well.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Bill:

Thanks for the updated pictures...it may not be apparent to you, but, your hairline is filling in nicely...there's an obvious improvement in density over your original pictures from Dr. Katz's office even without your hair being short...your well on your way now--it's always worth the wait!...after looking at your progress, I'm getting the bug again...keep us posted!

Mike

Gorpy,

Thanks man...things are coming along slowly icon_wink.gif

Mike,

You're welcome for the pictures. From the pictures, the hairline looks great I think, better than any of my other pictures....it doesn't look as wonderful under obtrusive lights, but I guess that's just how it's gonna be. I'm still only at 16 weeks though, so I'm hoping to see a lot more growth. I did actually see that a few new hairs are popping through starting a few days ago...that gives me hope as well.

I will definately keep you all posted. More comments are welcome.

Bill

I added a shockloss picture on my first surgery with Dr. Katz hopefully to encourage those experiencing shockloss, that things do change when the hair starts growing in around 3 months. If you wanna see the shockloss picture here, take a look at the 7 weeks shot (similar to last time) and then the shot at 15 weeks. Big difference. There is hope! I was discouraged from the shockloss and this was my 2nd HT. I hope those suffering from shockoss is encouraged by this post.

Bill

I've been a little more comfortable with my hair as it's growing in, so I've been getting braver going without a hat. I sent the pic I just posted (17 weeks at Thanksgiving day) pic to a close girl friend of mine, and she said..."Nice Hair icon_wink.gif". It was nice to hear someone say that to me, especially from a pretty female, AND since I haven't had a nice hair comment in awhile =D. Part of it is because I've worn a hat for a long time, and the other part is, well, I haven't had this much hair in some time.

I'll post more top shots in a couple weeks or so. Some new hairs are still popping out...I spotted a few new ones today which is pretty exciting!

Comments anyone?

Bill

Originally posted by Bill:

Comments? Questions? See a difference?

Bill

So, you have a good-looking girl friend AND a good-looking wife!? Yep, your hair is looking good considering pictures taken directly overhead will exaggerate any scalp there is showing through.

Hey PB,

LOL, let me clarify...the girl friend is a girl who is my friend, not my girlfriend, if you know what I mean. She just happens to be a cute little thing who is a close friend. My wife is very good looking and I'm a one woman man icon_wink.gif. She doesn't care whether or not I have hair...but I do icon_smile.gif.

Yeah, the pics look decent for only 4 months. I'm hoping to see a good amount more growth though as the next couple months progress =)

More comments are appreciated.

Bill

I have to ask...does anyone else read these? There is only one person right now that responds to my posts, and I have no idea whether or not if anyone else is following along here, or if anyone really cares? I post pictures and my experience to help others, but also to receive encouragement and support. Right now, I'd say I'm more on the giving side than the receiving side. It's a little disheartening that out of all the posters on this site, that I don't see any post replies to me. Should I stop posting pics?

Bill

thanks PB and specs,

I appreciate the support. I'm glad to know people are watching, but I just wish people would post more, ask questions, make comments, give encouragement, or things they see about the pics that they have question or concern about, etc. You know?

I'm just hoping to experience a lot more growth in the next few months. I think I look decent for 4 months, but I hope this isn't it. I still look pretty thin in a lot of lights, and the top is still pretty thin compared to the front view. What do you guys think?

Bill

Bill,

I think you're just at the beginning stages right now. Over the next few months, I think you'll experience a lot of growth.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Bill,

I think your hair is looking thicker already, and it is just at the beginning of the growth phase! And I agree with an above post when you look straight down on hair,especially when hair is kinda spikey or isn't flat, you're going to see some scalp. That I think is normal with guys with a full head of hair. But straight on it looks great! I am in the same stages as you are and appreciate all your support for me as well. My wife just came home from a week's vacation and commented that my hair looks thicker than it was before. Not that it would thicken a ton in one week, but is thicker than she remembers. i know looking at my hair every day i don't seem to see much difference, but when others comment on it it definitely helps! An you sir, are growing hair! congrats!

tkerr22

Thanks guys...now that's what I'm talking about icon_wink.gif. It's nice to receive encouragement so we know we are not alone in this battle right?

Gorpy and Specs:

Thanks guys, I'm hoping that this is only the beginning. I do feel little hairs on top of my head, though it's hard to actually see them, which I guess is a good sign, because it means I'm starting to get enough hair on top to at least mask the new hairs growing in, but in many lights, I still look very thin.

Tkerr22,

Thanks man, I appreciate the encouragement. I was actually examining someone's hair today who has shorter hair, kinda spikey, and I would consider him to have a full head of hair, and you aer right, I did see some scalp, but of course, it's not like mine. I'm looking forward to the next several months hoping to see some good improvement. I know what you mean about hair changing a little bit in a week. I can't tell a difference looking every day, but when I compare week to week pictures, some weeks there is a physical difference, even if it is minor. Keep us all posted man...I look forward to seeing more pics!

Bill

I have been following your process as I had a transplant the same day with roughly the same amount done. I guess I am shy about adding a photo and such however. I can see your transplant is coming along great. I have just noticed mind starting to sprout a couple weeks ago and for the first time I can say I have more hair on my head now than before the surgery. I believe many people are following your progress silently.

Hey tdunny,

I'm glad you said something. Thanks for the reply...it's appreciated. It would be awesome to see your progress if you've been taking before/after pictures and all. if you are shy about showing your face, you could always email them to me and I'll digitally cover your face, or you can send it to Robert the forum moderator and I'm sure he'd be happy to do it. sometimes it's really nice to get the encouragement as others see your progress. Thanks for your encouragement man!

Bill

Looking good for only 4 months! I guess things will really start growing now. Looks like some of the redness has disappeared too. What does the back look like now? There was a very faint line visible at 3 weeks 5 days, has there been any change since then?

PB

Hey PB,

If you can believe it, the scar actually looks better now. most people are concerned about the scar widening, etc...but at a 2 clip, the pictures don't pick up the scar. HOWEVER, looking in the mirror, I can see it from the sides...doesn't look bad...not all that concerned...but it's more obvious than my previous scar I believe.

Thanks for the feedback man. I appreciate it.

Bill

Bill:

Thanks for the new pictures...even though you won't notice it day-to-day, it's obvious that your hair is thickening...please don't get discouraged if we don't respond right away to your posts--I'm definitely interested in your progress & have been following it all along...it's great that your wife supports your efforts to improve your hairline...continued good growth!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, dont even think about not posting any more picture's.

When i first came to this website your first HT was the first one i ever seen. Let me just say i was not impressed and i thoght about just saying im crazy and leaving. Guess what? I dint. I looked around some more and found out what this was all about and i plan on still getting one. I come here almost every day and look at your pictures and see if you have posted new ones because i am greatly impresed by this HT. No Joke. I proly wont post again but i will be here every day. Its looking good man, especialy the strait on veiw. Keep posting. You look like a new dude.

I read on her you were going to get some Dermmatch back in 04. did u ever get any and how did it go because u never replyed back.

Hey J020. Wow....I don't know what to say. I'm glad that you stuck around and have been inspired by other people's HTs, and I'm glad you check semi-regularly for picture updates of this particular HT of mine. My first HT was a good one, but not that impressive due to the lower number of grafts transplanted. This one is a slightly higher density transplant, and I would say that my results are starting to get better and better...though as far as I'm concerned, I still have a long way to go. Thanks for your comment though...I appreciate it...and I will be posting more pictures shortly.

I did buy some Dermatch...sorry if I didn't reply to another post...I may not have seen it. Either I really don't know how to use the product well, or it just looks fake in my hair. Perhaps it looks fake because the color doesn't quite match up right, or perhaps it looks fake because I am my own worst critic...I'm not sure. But I only used the stuff twice, and both times I ended up looking in the mirror later and putting a hat on before I went out because I was too sensitive that it looked fake. That being said, I MAY try to use it again at some point....but we will see. It's right now just sitting in my cabinet, not being used. Well, I'm off. Thanks again for writing. DO post again, though I know you said you probably wouldn't. Any feedback if constructive of course, is helpful. Who are you considering?

Bill

Im considering the best. Shapiro. I am trying to save the cash but it is hard to save 10,000. Do you know of a way that I can get financed so i dont have to come in there with strait cash. That would make things a lot easyer.